CarePartners Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
poor management
psw (Current Employee), Belleville, ONNovember 7, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: limited hours. expect miracles
Previously known as red cross. At that time excellent company to work for. Since takeover by care partners half staff has quit. Poor management , inconsiderate of staff., demanding, expect the impossible, unfriendly towards staff. No meeting together. No Christmas get together., no nothing. Changes made in management constantly and we are not even notified. We are not introduced to new management so in reality we don't even know who is in charge. Can't keep supervisors making psw jobs more difficult. No concern for their staff or injuries on the job. Not a caring agency considering their role as supplying care. Management gets good pay. Employees have not had a raise in 6 years. All about profit. Not recommended as source of employment unless desperate for work.
It started out as a good company
RN (Former Employee), Southwest Middlesex, ONNovember 7, 2015
Pros: clients
CarePartners started out as a good company with a admirable philosophy but as it grew it became a corporation with little concern for the front line employee. The pay per visit and on call life do not give you work life balance. Management count on your good graces to ensure that the pay remains lower than any other nursing employer. The management is top heavy and the money spent could be better served with paying the front line nurse a competitive hourly wage. There are nurses that are due thousands of dollars in unpaid overtime, not aware it's owed to them.
The HNHB divisions have been on strike since April asking mainly for an hourly wage, sick pay and overtime pay for hours worked. CarePartners never negotiated a contract in spite of having a union in those divisions for 2 years.
I would not encourage a nurse to work there.
fun and down to earth place to work
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 27, 2015
Pros: hours are great, and good benefits
Cons: salary could be more competitive
CarePartners is a fast paced friendly environment to work in. It is very multicultural. Management and co-workers are very easy to work with. Hours are flexible. The hardest part of the job would be hearing that a long time patient that passed away. Most enjoyable part of the job would be dealing with patients on a daily basis and knowing they were receiving the services they need in order to remain in their home, instead of being placed in a nursing home.
WORSE company to work with
RPN (Former Employee), Kitchener-Waterloo, ONApril 18, 2016
Pros: The patients that you meet are lovely, but not the company itself.
Cons: Poor communication, unorganized
The manager that hired me was horrible. I did not receive proper training that I have asked for. The manager did not give me access to nursing supplies such as hand sanitizers & gloves. I've worked there for 4 months and emailed multiple staff on a continuous basis asking for a device to track my patients/hours/pay-stubs, and they continued to disregard my requests and concerns.

Half a year later to this day, it's the same problem - I am calling them daily to obtain my T4, and again there is no response.
Great place to work!
Manager (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONDecember 15, 2015
Pros: Supportive work environment, wonderful team of professionals, management supportive
Cons: None
Having recently joined CarePartners, my decision to do so was the right one for me. This company has a very supportive work environment~ very open and honest in their approach. Prior to joining CarePartners, I had reviewed some of the overall ratings and can say, with confidence, that my experience has been nothing less than positive. I have finally found a role that I don't consider to be "just a job", but a role that I love to do everyday......and that is what makes all the difference.
Rewarding job
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee), Sudbury, ONMay 23, 2016
Every day was a rewarding, being with people in need, and being able to provide loving care, as well as looking after staff.
A smile says more than one thousand words. I truly enjoyed my job. Coworkers were excellent.
The hardest part of the job was the traveling, especially in the winter time on snowy and icy roads.
I have learned and bettered myself with the french language, because the services were mainly in french.

Loved every minute of it! Too, bad due to budget cuts, 4 Supervisors were let go, one of them was mine.
Over worked and underpaid
Supervisor (Former Employee), OntarioJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: paid mileage
Cons: poor management
This company has no respect for the hard work of their employees. There is a tremendous amount of work place harassment and a huge lack of support from managment. The pay for what you are responsible for is not worth it. You work an awful lot out side of office hours with no compensation , your hard work goes unrecognized , and you are more than micromanaged. You are the messenger of bad news to the psw's , the sdc team are always undertrained resulting in a constant / high turn over rate. The company is managed poorly and the majority of their employees end up on a sick leave or quitting. I highly recommend not applying to work for carepartners.
Great place and environment to work, but the Management is terrible and need a new Management team in order for the office to run smoothly
administrative/coordinator (Current Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 28, 2015
Pros: Terrible
Cons: Terrible
A part of a winning team. However, Management is horrible. You work is not appreciated and nobody cares about their job. The pay rate is extremly horrible comparing to other industries.

But the main concern is management. No support, no respect, no thank you nothing, nothing, it's terrible.
My heart and sould is in this place
Nurse (Current Employee), NiagaraMay 6, 2015
Pros: Salary
Cons: there are some in every job.
I have been with the company for a very long time. We have been through some tough times but have supported each other and made it through. Our ultimate goal is to provide quality care for our patients and that we definitely do. Many of us have been with the company for a number of years. If this employer was unfair we would have moved on.
Fun workplace
Client Service Delivery Coordinator (Current Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJanuary 15, 2016
Pros: Dress up days
Cons: The sadness that comes along.
Working at this company is a fun and rewarding opportunity. Day in and day out communication with employees and clients are very favorable. The hardest part of this job is losing clients but the best part is seeing them well again and able to take care of themselves. Co-workers are great to work with, very family orientated.
Productive and usefull
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONApril 26, 2016
Pros: good support
Cons: inconscistent schedule
I have learned with my clients to be better person. The job is fine and i have good relation with my co-workers and managers. The hardest part of the job when someone dies. The most enjoyable part of this job is help someone.
Client Service Delivery Coordinator
Client Services Delivery Coordinator (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONDecember 4, 2015
Cons: No breaks, constant stress, understaffed
I found this company extremely negative to work for. There was no proper training and constant rude remarks from other CSDC's regarding any mistakes. There were never enough hours in the day to get everything done that had to be done, resulting in upset clients and psw's.. Everyone was overworked and most of the CSDC's have had to take Stress Leave.
Terrible company to work for!!!!
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJanuary 10, 2016
Pros: wonderful clients
Cons: don't care about their workers
CarePartners is extremely unorganized, poor work ethics, terrible management, don't care about their employees, rude office staff.
Overwored/Underpaid!
Former employee (Former Employee), PeterboroughJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: the clients only!
Cons: management
Former employee - This job over works their employees! Expect to work 10-12hrs a day any only get an 6-8 hour pay cheque. In order to receive a full time pay you will work min 60hrs a week.
The turn over with this company is VERY high mostly due to employee burn out which is why no employee benefits are paid until after one year!!
No advancement in this company - dead end job!
If you have no life or family this job is for you!
Unprofessional Managment
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONAugust 13, 2015
I showed up everyday and did an amazing job, completed all my tasks on time, went above and beyond to help others. Great coworkers, not a lot of job security. I was there on a one year contract as a Billing Coordinator and let go after 3 months. They say it was "due to lack of work", but I know it was because the Finance Manger had issues with me since they let no one else go, and have an ad up for my job not 2 months later. She could never be nice to me, and constantly belittled and alienated me. She would either make a rude remark or ignore me totally. It's too bad because I loved the other people there and the work and the work environment. She made it cold and icy when she was around.
Great company with great opprotunities
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 28, 2016
Typical Personal Support Worker positions. Great clients, Great co-workers. Furthering my education in the aging population. I love being able to know I am helping people who unfortunately are unable to help themselves
Efficient and Proud Care to Seniors
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), Burlington, OntarioFebruary 11, 2016
This is a home care company providing excellent care to seniors and palliative clients. It is a great job being able to support clients during a vulnerable time in their lives. Being able to provide the care we do enables us to learn about another generation
Carepartners
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), St Thomas OntarioSeptember 16, 2015
This company offers a very good work life and personal life balance. I would recommend this company for employment. You will learn a wide variety of skills from personal care, to feeding a client. You will work close with other staff members and your supervisor which is a good way to be able to provide wonderful service to your clients on a day to day bases.
Productive and Caring work Environment
PSW (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMay 18, 2016
Pros: Free Lunches, Benefits
The Environment is very friendly and supportive of everyone's decisions and suggestions. I learned a lot about being a personal support worker working in a simulated environment.
fun workplace
scheduling (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONOctober 29, 2015
Pros: office setting
Cons: long hours
we always have a lot fun working in this office. Our patients and their families needs come first. My coworkers there are a lot of fun and we are like a small family