CarePartners Employee Reviews

under paid, over worked
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON17 April 2017
Lacks proper management. Staffed over worked, under paid and taken advantage of. Pushed to the limited. Under appreciated and expects employees to take on more responsibilities with little or no raises. Could be a better company if appropriate management was put into place.
Pros
Not many
Cons
improper management
Fun company to work for with opportunity to grow and meet new people
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Belle River, ON11 April 2017
·Caring for clients in the comfort of their own home as well as retirement homes
·Providing personal care to all clients
·Assisting with am and pm care, showering, dressing, transferring, toileting, meal preparation, light housekeeping and medication reminders
Ideal for working around a busy homelife
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON4 April 2017
Ideal for working around a busy home life and still wanting to be in the working world. Great to be out in the community allowing the elderly to stay in their own home for as long as they can.
Not always guaranteed clients. Based on availability. Holidays. Clients not being home etc. Which creates an up and down paycheck from week to week.
Pros
Set your own schedule
Cons
Not a guaranteed pay check
Stressful
Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines26 March 2017
Stressful. Always under pressure to do more. Poor work /life balance. Minimal support from management, at all levels. Disorganized at all levels. Poor communication.
work ethics environment
PSW (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON21 March 2017
working with the clients is the best part and being successful in providing dignified care is absolutely amazing!!
Management is uncaring and uninvolved.
They are bullies and simply put just don't care.They do not listen .Schedulers some are wonderful and most are bullies also due to following the instruction of management. Clients get shafted and lied to just to get shuffled around.
You get lied to and used and mistreated by the entire company.
Emotional and mental exhaust is common and the politics of the work place is too much wrong.You pay for union and they are completely biased.
Probably the worst place to work for .
Worst company to work for never again
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON6 March 2017
I've never had a worst experience working for this horrible company they put down their employees and don't give the proper training. Also they have the biggest turn over rate that i know in the medical field.Anyone who applies to this job don't waste your time your better off looking for something that's better.
Pros
Cons
Worst company ever
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Elliot Lake, ON1 March 2017
I enjoyed my position with the company very demanding job. Allowed me to have flexible hours. I learnt a wide variety of tasks.
Pros
Exercise
Cons
Worst employer in my life
Team Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON8 February 2017
Horrible issues with employee bullying by management, high expectations of hours of work with absolutely no appreciation, gossip and lying from management in front of fellow employees, withholding wages, labour laws broken.....and so much more. Save yourself a lot of grief and don't bother applying!!
Pros
Unorganized, bullying management and incompetent supervisors
PSW (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON8 February 2017
This company spits on its psw staff and its management is too busy fighting the union to make it a fun, safe and caring environment for the workers, the supervisors never answer you or even respond back, and when they do they only are more disorganized and make even more sh** descisions and don't back there staff up! The government should also be doing more to help CCA C help CP build a more permanent client base and that's another story on its own!
Choose if you may, but tread carefully with this company and it's Constant bull!
Pros
Some what work, and clients
Cons
Lazy supervisors, disorganized management, not good benefits
Unorganized Unorganized Unorganized
psw (Current Employee) –  St Catharines31 January 2017
Company Does Not Care About Their PSWS
Lies to PSWS and Clients! Constantly short changes travel time and mileage. Constantly issues with scheduling.
Pros
Cons
Everything except for clients
Not even close to good
CSW (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON27 January 2017
Scheduling is atrocious, they have no comprehension of distance or travel time and book you for clients when you're supposed to be seeing other clients. They do not book enough travel time from one client to the next leaving workers rushed and flustered. Supervisors are overworked and don't have time nor patience to deal with issues.
Clients often refuse care because they are scheduled at ridiculous times and no effort is made to accommodate their preferences.
Salary is low compared to other companies.

Lots of hours of you don't mind working split shifts

I do not recommend working here
learning everyday
Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON19 January 2017
CarePartners especially the HNHB branch is getting much more better since after the labour dispute in 2015. Management is now very supportive and tries its best to coordinate employees' needs such as dayoffs, oncalls, and other technical/skill-related questions. Countless learning opportunities (in-services, online courses, totally paid training, etc) are waiting for nurses/psws to take. A LOT OF HOURS.
Pros
learning everyday; supportive management
Cons
Extremely long hours and driving in bad road conditions
Indepence for the patients
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Niagara, ON12 January 2017
I love being able to keep our patients at home. It feels good to see them smile when I come in and make sure they are safe and well cared for. Km, travel time and benefits. Management is very supportive.
Pros
independance
Cons
gaps (I get my errands done lol)
Great company to work with
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 December 2016
I worked with this company for over 3 years and I enjoyed it for the most part helping people to perform their activities of daily living. I have learned to manage time and punctuality at work. It is nice working with other PSW because they are very approachable and helpful.

I find it hard to work until midnight, driving on a bad weather and working on holidays and every other weekends, when I wanted to spend some time at home with family.
Pros
Very flexible with my availabilty
Cons
Working on weekends and holidays
Micromanaged
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  HNHB9 December 2016
Poor local management, no work life balance, salary less then new nurses. Huge turn over because they don't listen to staff
Poor organization
CSW/PTA (Current Employee) –  Woodstock7 December 2016
In order to become successful in any business, particularly when it relates to healthcare, an employer need's to treasure their employees.
When that does not materialize, the company most likely will experience high volume of employee change over.
This is the case with Care Partners and their poor management team, who for whatever reason are aware their company continue to let down and lose their employees, but yet fail to make an effort to improve the situation.
Moving forward this does not look inspiring for a company who primarily depend on government contracts to stay in business.
What happens when Care Partners' current contract with CCAC expires and they will be up for review?
Missed visits will be on top of the agenda as a good reason for CCAC to consider not signing another deal with Care Partners.
Perhaps just then, Care Partners will second guess themselves and recognize if they rightfully looked after their employees then they probably wouldn't need to be nervous about the time when the contract is up for renewal.
Pros
Amazing clients
Cons
Bad communicators
Disgrace to the Healthcare Field
Recruitment Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON7 December 2016
This is quite possibly the worst organization anyone could ever work for. This company does not care about its patients or employees. The workload was never reasonable, especially for such a poor salary. My offer letter stated that my salary was based on a 30 hour work week, however, I had put in 50-60 hours a week just to keep up, and was never compensated for my time. I did everything from hiring everyone at the branch level, teaching orientation, and managing WSIB claims. For an agency with a ridiculously high turnover (because it really does not take the average human being very long to realize that this company is a disgrace to the field of healthcare) and no concern for the health and safety of its employees (ie: sending untrained workers to special functions, returning injured workers to regular duties without proper medical clearance, constantly overworking employees, etc), there was no possible way my job would get done between 8:30am and 4:30pm, Monday to Friday. CarePartners is a joke, and it's unfortunate that this is a healthcare company with people's lives in its hands. I now work for an employer that actually cares about its employees and the community it serves. I do one-third of the work I did at CarePartners, and yet make three times the salary. Honestly, please save yourself the stress and abuse and stay away from CarePartners.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
Long hours, poor salary, poor management
Busy, Intense and Fast-paced
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON29 November 2016
1. Employment: easy to get employment! This company is fast growing and getting more and more pts from CCAC and private sectors; that is why they always need health care professionals. If you are a nurse with at least 6 months experience they will hire you definitely.

2. Salary and benefits: for nurses they pay per visit rather than by hours. A newly hired RPN would get 17.18/visit regardless of his/her experience. In the niagara branch (HNHB) there is a union now (OPSEU) so the salary will definitely go up with seniority, based on the union's rules. Benefits are EXTREMELY COSTLY; and the bad news is all the benefits are MANDATORY. Gas is paid at 0.42/km as per OPSEU; oncall is paid at 30 per day and if you get calls when you are oncall, you get doubled visit pay.

3. Job security: This company has tooooooooooo many patients to take care of! As a full-time community nurse, theoretically you work 3 days in the first week and 4 days in the second week plus weekends and oncall. But the truth is you are booked almost EVERY DAY with at least 8 visits to do. The HNHB branch receives at least 80 referrals daily from CCAC. That is why nurses are leaving this company because they are EXHAUSTED and OVERUSED.

4. Education and Training: you always have a lot of chances to learn. This company provides paid educaiton at 19.38/hr and you can sign up for IV, dialysis, central line, advanced wound care and other specialised courses. The only problem is the waiting period is TOO LONG. By the way the orientation for new nurse is horrible. They put you 2 days in the office and 2 days in
  more... the field and after all these so called training you are sent out to work in the community on your own. If any mistakes happen to you, you are the one who is liable.

5. Management and co-workers: managers and upper levels always show a respecting attitudes to nurses and psws and tried their best to solve the workers problems. The only problem is the management is so short-staffed and every single manager is burnt out. For this reason it takes time to reach them. Co-workers are GREAT, helpful and warm-hearted. You always get help from them and they are your backups.

I would give the company 3-4 stars review.
Pros
Good coworkers, fair management, lots of works for you to do
Cons
long drive, long hours, expensive benefits, low salary for new hire
Care partners
Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON16 November 2016
Will work with your schedule, allows for sick time. Management excellent. Able to get help in an instant. The work schedule was accommodating.
Pros
Support
Cons
Long drive
not a good place to work
PSW (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON11 November 2016
I worked for this company for years, I've had years experience working as a PSW, I wouldn't recommend any young person go into this field, you are nothing but a cleaning lady they do not respect you especially in the homecare sector. I worked for years in homecare .There are a lot of good clients that you just love but than there are the ones that are demanding and they just might not like you because you have red hair a tattoo or your over weight. Please take my advice dont work in homecare go in for a nurse or work in the trades. It will not change, it is good if you have a union but management can still make it difficult. Good Luck thats all I can say
Pros
unionized
Cons
not properly paid for gas and travel time management horrible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CarePartners. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5