CarePartners Employee Reviews

Good
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON13 June 2017
Its good work with mentally sound work environment . Good expoaure for elabarated knowledge and pt nurse relationship .wonderfull management been supporting and nurturing skills ans attitude .
Great learning experience.
Client Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON17 May 2017
I was able to build on my personal support skills while furthering my education. They were able to work around my busy school schedule and still allow me to get a good experience of the foundations used for nursing.
Pros
Independence.
Great Company
CSW (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON13 May 2017
Very competitive company and supervisors that care about the workers.

Clients are wonderful and you have a certain amount of flexibility in your day to day.

If you are willing to travel outwith your area you can make a lot of money (:
Avoid, previous nursing staff
Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON1 May 2017
Under staffed.

No support from peers, bullies.

Unhappy clients that offload onto you on your first visit, then management blame you for that too.

Under paid, should be a lot more for the stress and hassle they put on you.

Pressure to do more and more visits that get added on through the day, and not enough time, but expected to do it anyway.

Paid too little and per visit, not per hour as it should be.
Cons
increased stress.
They promise but don't follow through
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON24 April 2017
My day will start around 6 am, I called in to check my messages and if there is any changes. I go from house to house helping seniors, handicapped people. I enjoy working for this company, but they just cannot provided me with enough hours to work. The hardest part of my job is not seeing or being able to to communicate with your supervisor right away.
Pros
Working alone
Cons
very long days to get the hours
under paid, over worked
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON17 April 2017
Lacks proper management. Staffed over worked, under paid and taken advantage of. Pushed to the limited. Under appreciated and expects employees to take on more responsibilities with little or no raises. Could be a better company if appropriate management was put into place.
Pros
Not many
Cons
improper management
Fun company to work for with opportunity to grow and meet new people
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Belle River, ON11 April 2017
·Caring for clients in the comfort of their own home as well as retirement homes
·Providing personal care to all clients
·Assisting with am and pm care, showering, dressing, transferring, toileting, meal preparation, light housekeeping and medication reminders
Ideal for working around a busy homelife
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON4 April 2017
Ideal for working around a busy home life and still wanting to be in the working world. Great to be out in the community allowing the elderly to stay in their own home for as long as they can.
Not always guaranteed clients. Based on availability. Holidays. Clients not being home etc. Which creates an up and down paycheck from week to week.
Pros
Set your own schedule
Cons
Not a guaranteed pay check
Stressful
Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines26 March 2017
Stressful. Always under pressure to do more. Poor work /life balance. Minimal support from management, at all levels. Disorganized at all levels. Poor communication.
work ethics environment
PSW (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON21 March 2017
working with the clients is the best part and being successful in providing dignified care is absolutely amazing!!
Management is uncaring and uninvolved.
They are bullies and simply put just don't care.They do not listen .Schedulers some are wonderful and most are bullies also due to following the instruction of management. Clients get shafted and lied to just to get shuffled around.
You get lied to and used and mistreated by the entire company.
Emotional and mental exhaust is common and the politics of the work place is too much wrong.You pay for union and they are completely biased.
Probably the worst place to work for .
Worst company to work for never again
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON6 March 2017
I've never had a worst experience working for this horrible company they put down their employees and don't give the proper training. Also they have the biggest turn over rate that i know in the medical field.Anyone who applies to this job don't waste your time your better off looking for something that's better.
Pros
Cons
Worst company ever
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Elliot Lake, ON1 March 2017
I enjoyed my position with the company very demanding job. Allowed me to have flexible hours. I learnt a wide variety of tasks.
Pros
Exercise
Cons
Worst employer in my life
Team Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON8 February 2017
Horrible issues with employee bullying by management, high expectations of hours of work with absolutely no appreciation, gossip and lying from management in front of fellow employees, withholding wages, labour laws broken.....and so much more. Save yourself a lot of grief and don't bother applying!!
Unorganized Unorganized Unorganized
psw (Current Employee) –  St Catharines31 January 2017
Company Does Not Care About Their PSWS
Lies to PSWS and Clients! Constantly short changes travel time and mileage. Constantly issues with scheduling.
Pros
Cons
Everything except for clients
Not even close to good
CSW (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON27 January 2017
Scheduling is atrocious, they have no comprehension of distance or travel time and book you for clients when you're supposed to be seeing other clients. They do not book enough travel time from one client to the next leaving workers rushed and flustered. Supervisors are overworked and don't have time nor patience to deal with issues.
Clients often refuse care because they are scheduled at ridiculous times and no effort is made to accommodate their preferences.
Salary is low compared to other companies.

Lots of hours of you don't mind working split shifts

I do not recommend working here
learning everyday
Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON19 January 2017
CarePartners especially the HNHB branch is getting much more better since after the labour dispute in 2015. Management is now very supportive and tries its best to coordinate employees' needs such as dayoffs, oncalls, and other technical/skill-related questions. Countless learning opportunities (in-services, online courses, totally paid training, etc) are waiting for nurses/psws to take. A LOT OF HOURS.
Pros
learning everyday; supportive management
Cons
Extremely long hours and driving in bad road conditions
Indepence for the patients
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Niagara, ON12 January 2017
I love being able to keep our patients at home. It feels good to see them smile when I come in and make sure they are safe and well cared for. Km, travel time and benefits. Management is very supportive.
Pros
independance
Cons
gaps (I get my errands done lol)
Great company to work with
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 December 2016
I worked with this company for over 3 years and I enjoyed it for the most part helping people to perform their activities of daily living. I have learned to manage time and punctuality at work. It is nice working with other PSW because they are very approachable and helpful.

I find it hard to work until midnight, driving on a bad weather and working on holidays and every other weekends, when I wanted to spend some time at home with family.
Pros
Very flexible with my availabilty
Cons
Working on weekends and holidays
Micromanaged
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  HNHB9 December 2016
Poor local management, no work life balance, salary less then new nurses. Huge turn over because they don't listen to staff
Poor organization
CSW/PTA (Current Employee) –  Woodstock7 December 2016
In order to become successful in any business, particularly when it relates to healthcare, an employer need's to treasure their employees.
When that does not materialize, the company most likely will experience high volume of employee change over.
This is the case with Care Partners and their poor management team, who for whatever reason are aware their company continue to let down and lose their employees, but yet fail to make an effort to improve the situation.
Moving forward this does not look inspiring for a company who primarily depend on government contracts to stay in business.
What happens when Care Partners' current contract with CCAC expires and they will be up for review?
Missed visits will be on top of the agenda as a good reason for CCAC to consider not signing another deal with Care Partners.
Perhaps just then, Care Partners will second guess themselves and recognize if they rightfully looked after their employees then they probably wouldn't need to be nervous about the time when the contract is up for renewal.
Pros
Amazing clients
Cons
Bad communicators

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CarePartners. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7