CarePartners Employee Reviews

Unorganized, bullying management and incompetent supervisors
PSW (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON8 February 2017
This company spits on its psw staff and its management is too busy fighting the union to make it a fun, safe and caring environment for the workers, the supervisors never answer you or even respond back, and when they do they only are more disorganized and make even more sh** descisions and don't back there staff up! The government should also be doing more to help CCA C help CP build a more permanent client base and that's another story on its own!
Choose if you may, but tread carefully with this company and it's Constant bull!
Pros
Some what work, and clients
Cons
Lazy supervisors, disorganized management, not good benefits
Not even close to good
CSW (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON27 January 2017
Scheduling is atrocious, they have no comprehension of distance or travel time and book you for clients when you're supposed to be seeing other clients. They do not book enough travel time from one client to the next leaving workers rushed and flustered. Supervisors are overworked and don't have time nor patience to deal with issues.
Clients often refuse care because they are scheduled at ridiculous times and no effort is made to accommodate their preferences.
Salary is low compared to other companies.

Lots of hours of you don't mind working split shifts

I do not recommend working here
learning everyday
Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON19 January 2017
CarePartners especially the HNHB branch is getting much more better since after the labour dispute in 2015. Management is now very supportive and tries its best to coordinate employees' needs such as dayoffs, oncalls, and other technical/skill-related questions. Countless learning opportunities (in-services, online courses, totally paid training, etc) are waiting for nurses/psws to take. A LOT OF HOURS.
Pros
learning everyday; supportive management
Cons
Extremely long hours and driving in bad road conditions
Great company to work with
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 December 2016
I worked with this company for over 3 years and I enjoyed it for the most part helping people to perform their activities of daily living. I have learned to manage time and punctuality at work. It is nice working with other PSW because they are very approachable and helpful.

I find it hard to work until midnight, driving on a bad weather and working on holidays and every other weekends, when I wanted to spend some time at home with family.
Pros
Very flexible with my availabilty
Cons
Working on weekends and holidays
not a good place to work
PSW (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON11 November 2016
I worked for this company for years, I've had years experience working as a PSW, I wouldn't recommend any young person go into this field, you are nothing but a cleaning lady they do not respect you especially in the homecare sector. I worked for years in homecare .There are a lot of good clients that you just love but than there are the ones that are demanding and they just might not like you because you have red hair a tattoo or your over weight. Please take my advice dont work in homecare go in for a nurse or work in the trades. It will not change, it is good if you have a union but management can still make it difficult. Good Luck thats all I can say
Pros
unionized
Cons
not properly paid for gas and travel time management horrible
Worst employer in my life
Team Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON8 February 2017
Horrible issues with employee bullying by management, high expectations of hours of work with absolutely no appreciation, gossip and lying from management in front of fellow employees, withholding wages, labour laws broken.....and so much more. Save yourself a lot of grief and don't bother applying!!
Company is a joke
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON26 October 2016
Supervisor are bombarded with different roles and dont get paid enough! No raises for non uinon staff in the last 10 years. Expected to do everything, patient visits, psw supervisings, hiring, orientation, WSIB claims, investigations etc. So regardless if you're new or been there for 10years your pay is the same. No insentive! Very stressful!
Cons
Pay, lack of raises
Indepence for the patients
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Niagara, ON12 January 2017
I love being able to keep our patients at home. It feels good to see them smile when I come in and make sure they are safe and well cared for. Km, travel time and benefits. Management is very supportive.
Pros
independance
Cons
gaps (I get my errands done lol)
Horrible!!!
Management (Former Employee) –  Ontario21 August 2016
The merging of the Red Cross with Carepartners was a huge mistake! Carepartners does not reflect the principals of the Canadian Red Cross. In fact quite the opposite. The current owner and senior management have no compassion for staff or patients. Management bully both internal and field staff. Would not want this organization looking after my loved one.
Cons
No worklife balance and harass staff at all levels
Unorganized Unorganized Unorganized
psw (Current Employee) –  St Catharines31 January 2017
Company Does Not Care About Their PSWS
Lies to PSWS and Clients! Constantly short changes travel time and mileage. Constantly issues with scheduling.
Pros
Cons
Everything except for clients
high stress environment due to poor management stills
Client Service Delivery Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON1 July 2016
the hardest part of working for this company is not having enough support from management.

A typical day working at this company you are given and expected to do so much work that 95% of the time you don't even have time to take a lunch. Everyone is constantly on edge because there is so much work to be done and not enough staff to cover the work load that's unevenly disturbed among the coordinators.

The best part about this position is being able to help a person who is in need of home support, who is either at risk or can not support their daily tasks on their own.
Pros
working 46+ hours per week
Poor organization
CSW/PTA (Current Employee) –  Woodstock7 December 2016
In order to become successful in any business, particularly when it relates to healthcare, an employer need's to treasure their employees.
When that does not materialize, the company most likely will experience high volume of employee change over.
This is the case with Care Partners and their poor management team, who for whatever reason are aware their company continue to let down and lose their employees, but yet fail to make an effort to improve the situation.
Moving forward this does not look inspiring for a company who primarily depend on government contracts to stay in business.
What happens when Care Partners' current contract with CCAC expires and they will be up for review?
Missed visits will be on top of the agenda as a good reason for CCAC to consider not signing another deal with Care Partners.
Perhaps just then, Care Partners will second guess themselves and recognize if they rightfully looked after their employees then they probably wouldn't need to be nervous about the time when the contract is up for renewal.
Pros
Amazing clients
Cons
Bad communicators
Care partners
Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON16 November 2016
Will work with your schedule, allows for sick time. Management excellent. Able to get help in an instant. The work schedule was accommodating.
Pros
Support
Cons
Long drive
Rewarding job
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON23 May 2016
Every day was a rewarding, being with people in need, and being able to provide loving care, as well as looking after staff.
A smile says more than one thousand words. I truly enjoyed my job. Coworkers were excellent.
The hardest part of the job was the traveling, especially in the winter time on snowy and icy roads.
I have learned and bettered myself with the french language, because the services were mainly in french.

Loved every minute of it! Too, bad due to budget cuts, 4 Supervisors were let go, one of them was mine.
Micromanaged
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  HNHB9 December 2016
Poor local management, no work life balance, salary less then new nurses. Huge turn over because they don't listen to staff
Poor management
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON12 October 2016
short staffed always poor management unorganized
overworked poor work life balance
co-workers didn't work as a team
very disorganized
WORSE company to work with
RPN (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON18 April 2016
The manager that hired me was horrible. I did not receive proper training that I have asked for. The manager did not give me access to nursing supplies such as hand sanitizers & gloves. I've worked there for 4 months and emailed multiple staff on a continuous basis asking for a device to track my patients/hours/pay-stubs, and they continued to disregard my requests and concerns.

Half a year later to this day, it's the same problem - I am calling them daily to obtain my T4, and again there is no response.
Pros
The patients that you meet are lovely, but not the company itself.
Cons
Poor communication, unorganized
Productive and usefull
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON26 April 2016
I have learned with my clients to be better person. The job is fine and i have good relation with my co-workers and managers. The hardest part of the job when someone dies. The most enjoyable part of this job is help someone.
Pros
good support
Cons
inconscistent schedule
Productive and Caring work Environment
PSW (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 May 2016
The Environment is very friendly and supportive of everyone's decisions and suggestions. I learned a lot about being a personal support worker working in a simulated environment.
Pros
Free Lunches, Benefits
Great Job
nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON10 June 2016
Supportive management team, good co workers. Flexible hours, Love helping patients, flexible scheduling, decent wage.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
time management, expectations

2.5