CarePartners

CarePartners Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Client Service Delivery Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONJanuary 15, 2016
Working at this company is a fun and rewarding opportunity. Day in and day out communication with employees and clients are very favorable. The hardest part of this job is losing clients but the best part is seeing them well again and able to take care of themselves. Co-workers are great to work with, very family orientated.
Pros
Dress up days
Cons
The sadness that comes along.
Terrible company to work for!!!!
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONJanuary 10, 2016
CarePartners is extremely unorganized, poor work ethics, terrible management, don't care about their employees, rude office staff.
Pros
wonderful clients
Cons
don't care about their workers
Great place to work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONDecember 15, 2015
Having recently joined CarePartners, my decision to do so was the right one for me. This company has a very supportive work environment~ very open and honest in their approach. Prior to joining CarePartners, I had reviewed some of the overall ratings and can say, with confidence, that my experience has been nothing less than positive. I have finally found a role that I don't consider to be "just a job", but a role that I love to do everyday......and that is what makes all the difference.
Pros
Supportive work environment, wonderful team of professionals, management supportive
Client Service Delivery Coordinator
Client Services Delivery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONDecember 4, 2015
I found this company extremely negative to work for. There was no proper training and constant rude remarks from other CSDC's regarding any mistakes. There were never enough hours in the day to get everything done that had to be done, resulting in upset clients and psw's.. Everyone was overworked and most of the CSDC's have had to take Stress Leave.
Cons
No breaks, constant stress, understaffed
Great place and environment to work, but the Management is terrible and need a new Management team in order for the office to run smoothly
administrative/coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 28, 2015
A part of a winning team. However, Management is horrible. You work is not appreciated and nobody cares about their job. The pay rate is extremly horrible comparing to other industries.

But the main concern is management. No support, no respect, no thank you nothing, nothing, it's terrible.
Pros
Terrible
Cons
Terrible
It started out as a good company
RN (Former Employee) –  Southwest Middlesex, ONNovember 7, 2015
CarePartners started out as a good company with a admirable philosophy but as it grew it became a corporation with little concern for the front line employee. The pay per visit and on call life do not give you work life balance. Management count on your good graces to ensure that the pay remains lower than any other nursing employer. The management is top heavy and the money spent could be better served with paying the front line nurse a competitive hourly wage. There are nurses that are due thousands of dollars in unpaid overtime, not aware it's owed to them.
The HNHB divisions have been on strike since April asking mainly for an hourly wage, sick pay and overtime pay for hours worked. CarePartners never negotiated a contract in spite of having a union in those divisions for 2 years.
I would not encourage a nurse to work there.
Pros
clients
poor management
psw (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONNovember 7, 2015
Previously known as red cross. At that time excellent company to work for. Since takeover by care partners half staff has quit. Poor management , inconsiderate of staff., demanding, expect the impossible, unfriendly towards staff. No meeting together. No Christmas get together., no nothing. Changes made in management constantly and we are not even notified. We are not introduced to new management so in reality we don't even know who is in charge. Can't keep supervisors making psw jobs more difficult. No concern for their staff or injuries on the job. Not a caring agency considering their role as supplying care. Management gets good pay. Employees have not had a raise in 6 years. All about profit. Not recommended as source of employment unless desperate for work.
Pros
Cons
limited hours. expect miracles
fun workplace
scheduling (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ONOctober 29, 2015
we always have a lot fun working in this office. Our patients and their families needs come first. My coworkers there are a lot of fun and we are like a small family
Pros
office setting
Carepartners
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  St Thomas OntarioSeptember 16, 2015
This company offers a very good work life and personal life balance. I would recommend this company for employment. You will learn a wide variety of skills from personal care, to feeding a client. You will work close with other staff members and your supervisor which is a good way to be able to provide wonderful service to your clients on a day to day bases.
Unprofessional Managment
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONAugust 13, 2015
I showed up everyday and did an amazing job, completed all my tasks on time, went above and beyond to help others. Great coworkers, not a lot of job security. I was there on a one year contract as a Billing Coordinator and let go after 3 months. They say it was "due to lack of work", but I know it was because the Finance Manger had issues with me since they let no one else go, and have an ad up for my job not 2 months later. She could never be nice to me, and constantly belittled and alienated me. She would either make a rude remark or ignore me totally. It's too bad because I loved the other people there and the work and the work environment. She made it cold and icy when she was around.
Underpaid, Overworked!
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJune 29, 2015
This position was fun and challenging in terms of the responsibilities at hand however, the management team was extremely disorganized, the schedulers promoted a gossip environment and there was a lot of verbal abuse towards employees from Shift Supervisors.
Poor management from the top on down.
Registered Nurse-part time (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJune 22, 2015
Uncaring, unsupportive to staff, making money for owner is the sole goal of this company. No ethics when it comes to patient care. No training to new staff so if a mistake is made, you pay the consequences. Patients are not valued. Overall attitude of this company is "how many patients can be seen in the shortest amount of time.
Pros
Community patients are the best.
Cons
No concern by management for respect to employees.
fun and down to earth place to work
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 27, 2015
CarePartners is a fast paced friendly environment to work in. It is very multicultural. Management and co-workers are very easy to work with. Hours are flexible. The hardest part of the job would be hearing that a long time patient that passed away. Most enjoyable part of the job would be dealing with patients on a daily basis and knowing they were receiving the services they need in order to remain in their home, instead of being placed in a nursing home.
Pros
hours are great, and good benefits
Cons
salary could be more competitive
Expect to work Miracles , understaffed and overworked
Health Care Nurse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St.CatharinesMay 9, 2015
current labor dispute has caused complete chaos among the employees . Half have left and found stable work and the other half are fighting against things that will never ever be implemented and Carepartners will stall them all out eventually . It's sad , the company in the Niagara region will fold up and I'm not holding my breath at a resolution , either way , Im grateful as it forced me to seek out a new job that rocks .
Pros
Great office staff and team work
Cons
asking impossible things from employees
Bad just bad
Visiting nurse (Current Employee) –  NiagaraMay 9, 2015
Pay is horrible for a nurse, unrealistic expectations, constantly working on your own time. Schedule is very unorganized which makes working for them a nightmare. Little to no support... They really need to get it together and treat employees with respect and pay accordingly to other agencies out there
Pros
Hours
Cons
Too many to list
My heart and sould is in this place
Nurse (Current Employee) –  NiagaraMay 6, 2015
I have been with the company for a very long time. We have been through some tough times but have supported each other and made it through. Our ultimate goal is to provide quality care for our patients and that we definitely do. Many of us have been with the company for a number of years. If this employer was unfair we would have moved on.
Pros
Salary
Cons
there are some in every job.
No support from management
nurse (Former Employee) –  NiagaraMay 6, 2015
You will be over worked and underpaid. The clients are great...the management is not. They do not offer support for the nurses. This seems like a never ending job. You go home at night and do more paperwork, and voicemails, and faxing. The charting system, with the amount of paperwork involved , is ridiculous!!!!! Conditions are worsening.
Pros
clients
Poor employer
Community visiting and clinic nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMay 5, 2015
I worked with the company and there is no support for the staff. There is currently a labour dispute.
Home life and work life don't mix. I was fortunate to have no family at home. If I had children, this isn't the job.
The management bullies it staff. There is a huge turnover in staff.
The pay is horrible. Much below current rates for RN's and RPN's.
Once the labour dispute ( strike ) is over, you will or not have a job, as people are leaving the employer.

The best thing about the work, is the clients appreciate you on the whole.
Pros
The client appreciate you.
Cons
Long hours, bullying, lack of support from management
A typical day at work.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Aylmer, ONApril 22, 2015
A typical day at work is never the same. We are always out visiting different clients in their home. and you never know what you are going to walk in to. Most of the time the clients you see regularly are very excited and pleased to see you.
The toughest thing about this job is that you are out on your own. which for some, myself included this is a bonus. you don't have a supervisor always looking over your shoulder. However there isn't always someone around to bounce idea's off of.
Pros
flexible hours.
Cons
This job was almost exactly what i went to school for. I would pretty much do what a PSW is required to do. i would clean, cook, assist, bathe clients
PSW Worker (Former Employee) –  Erin mills & Sheridan mallApril 21, 2015
This would also be along the same lines of spectrum. i would drive to the clients homes and take care of them. i would assist in lifting and moving clients to different rooms. Help clean and tidy up living area along with kitchen & bathroom. I would also help prep meals, and take care of specialty clients.
Pros
The pay was good and i was able to work well with management
Cons
Acquiring a leave of absence was always an issue, and i had to run around to always figure that out

2.5