CarePartners Employee Reviews

Terribly managed and poor morale
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON17 January 2018
The Kitchener office runs their staff to the bone. Unrealistic expectations from staff and management treats their staff poorly. I worked here for 6 weeks before quitting. It was that bad.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Everything else
too much negativity in these reviews
PSW (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON2 January 2018
It's steady hours ,steady work , and they work with your personal life.

I work weekends only and get the entire week with my kids. I get paid good money and get time off when I need it. I feel secure in my job, and have never had a dip in hours - and if there was it was compensated for.

a lot off issues seem to come from people who call in sick all the time or who don't actually want to work and put effort in.

otherwise I have no issues - everyone helps when I need it and I always got support.
Pros
paid km, management tries
Cons
not paid as much as private
Be Educated
PSW (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON28 December 2017
I can't speak for all branches - but ours is great. They have a 3-4 day paid orientation, and all the support you could ever want to start a new job. They granted me my already planned vacay right when I started, and let me choose my own work hours. Itz unionzed so you only have a min you gotta meet. I work my schedule around my personal life and get 3-4 days off every other week - bit they let me pick up more when I got the time. My friend gets OT because they have so many hours especially in other areas. I don't always like getting up early, I prefer to sleep in and I don't have to start my day until 2 or 3 if I want to.
Pros
flexable hours, every othar weekend off, paid kelometers, same patients every week
Cons
pay is just okay, driving in the winter
Not impressed with their work within
Psw (Current Employee) –  Cambridge ont19 December 2017
I don’t recommended anyone to work her management is rude they lie to resident and very rude to stuff not a caring company and money before residents sad
Pros
Working one on one
Cons
Very stressful with management but
Oshawa
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON7 December 2017
Nurses in the community are paid per patient. Too many hands in the pot, poor training for new hires. Significant improvement over the years - important that nurses advocate for themselves. Mgmt focuses morenon KPI’s instead of supporting their front line visiting nurses.
Pros
Strives to improve the functionality of systems
Cons
Low pay
Home Care
PSW (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON30 November 2017
I love working here. management is great to work with. The hours are flexible to work with your personal life. Home care life is the perfect life for me.
All ye beware who apply here!
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON15 November 2017
I don't really have anything good to say about Care Partners. The place is not well organized and very little support since they became Care Partners.
Poor management/ lack of support
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON5 November 2017
Best part of job was the clients. Disorganized. Pay was poor. Base salary was to be topped up by ccac we did not get the $4 top up. Scheduled constantly changed Concerns reported to management with no follow up.
Pros
Clients
Cons
To many to list
Stressful and Unorganized
Personal Support Worker (PSW) (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON1 November 2017
Company overbooks you with no time to drive between clients. This job does not pay enough for the amount of work you do and the damages done to your car from driving all over the place. Always hard to get ahold of supervisors when problems arise. Usually always a problem with scheduling. The work phone provided rings at least 10 times a day from the office calling. Office WILL take advantage of you and book you for over 8 hours without your permission and hope you do not notice so you have to really keep track of your own schedules.
Beyond stressed out working for this company, love the job but very much dislike the company. I have only heard bad things about this company after getting hired.
Pros
Making Clients Smile
Cons
Over Worked and Stressed out all the time
ok
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 October 2017
Like every job, this position has its pros and cons.
I really enjoy the scheduling part and dealing with the patients.
there is a lot of flexibility in terms of the schedule.
The only down side is the stress!
Challenging organization with little to no advancement.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON22 October 2017
Administration is challenging and at times unorthodox. No care for PSW's schedules or family/work balance. Split shifts are difficult and mandatory. Communication is non-existent between schedulers. Clients are also frustrated. Hours are long and travel is ridiculous, especially when working in a rural setting. You are called with very little notice and your schedule changes a lot.
Pros
Wonderful clients
Cons
Poor management, lack of communication, irregular hours and a lot of travel with poor mileage reimbursement.
dont waste your time
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON22 October 2017
a sweat shop, low pay and stresful. poor management and they do not care about you. they will use and abuse as far as u let them. ok to pay the bills but not if you have any self esteeme . bad scene overall- see they r putting big push on hiring recently- no wonder!
Pros
Cons
Can't plan your life
Very High stressed environment with lack of dirction from management
PSW Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON3 October 2017
In the beginning this commpany was great to work for but overall experince was lack of direction and support from management. I loved speaking with the clientel and co workers but when you lack the equpiment you need to do the job and management is all about numbers not clientel happiness it makes it hard to do the job. The office manager was not supportive at all and she made you feel like you were worthless especailly if you did raise concern and ask for help or guidance.

As I said I loved the job in the beginning but when the new office manager came on the job became very stressful and unhealthy.
Pros
Benefits and wage
Cons
long hours and stressful environment caused by internal lack of management
Carepartners
Client Service Delivery Coordinator/ HPG/Intake (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON27 September 2017
This was a good learning experience for me, I have learned a lot more programs and got some good experience with things I have never done before. it was a great environment to work in.
Favourites, poor managment, complete disregard for paitents
Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON26 September 2017
Horribly managed, little pay for what you are responsible for, lazy and verbally abusive nurses that are only in it for the money. Not worth your time
Pros
Decent hours
Cons
Lazy nurses, low pay, union dues, rude coworkers
Need better organization
Personal Support Worker- PSW (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 September 2017
Company needs some more organization and better pay with decent benefits.office workers need to have more consideration to the psw and RN working in the community. overall clients are great!
Pros
clients
Cons
inconsiderate schedulers and office workers
nice staff
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON14 September 2017
always willing to give work. strong support from staff. just a phone call away for additional support. Lots of work in the area. Worked as a psw at the time for them
Job security is not guarrantee there is no opportunity for growth
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON4 September 2017
Providing home based care can be challenging, the organization can find it difficult to guarantee enough hours its numerous casual workers. Only 15 % of staff is permenant
enjoyable working with patients
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 August 2017
The most enjoyable was providing personal care or companionship with the patients. Learning as well about their families; if family lived close by or a distance; how many grandchildren, etc.
Very organized and fun place to work.
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON20 August 2017
Start time usually 8am
Break from 12pm - 5pm
Evening shift 5pm - 9pm

I learned how to communicate with people from all walks of life.
I learned how to follow a care plan designed for each individual.
I learned how to perform special procedures under the guidance of a Registered Nurse.
I learned how to communicate with members of the management.
I learned the different cultures of the agency.
The hardest part of the job was keeping the schedule which was often difficult due to the nature of the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to improve each persons day by helping them with their daily activities of living and teaching them ways to cope better on their own.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CarePartners. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7