Reference No: IND-DC
Position(s): Casual - Part Time Positions
Carefor Health & Community Services is a not-for-profit, charitable health care organization offering a wide variety of services in the greater Ottawa area. With over 750 staff and 300 volunteers, our skilled team members work closely with clients, caregivers and a multidisciplinary health care team to deliver quality and innovative support services.
The District Coordinator works as part of a team to implement Carefor's approved or prescribed processes to ensure every client visit is properly scheduled, every service provider's caseload is properly assigned and client's expectations are met. The District Coordinator also maintains accurate documentation and communications to clients, service providers and other users. A District Coordinator may have to manage client's expectations to ensure the expected service level is achieved.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Scheduling service providers for client visits in areas assigned by manager;
- Providing work schedules to staff that meet client needs and maximize continuity of care;
- Keeping up-to-date with daily changes such as staff availability, changes in client service authorizations and/or care plans;
- Liaising with services providers, Client Service Coordinator, Managers and Supervisors, peers, clients and customers;
- Ensuring client and service provider information is accurate and up-to-date in the scheduling database;
- Providing timely information, through the use of communication technology (telephone, fax, e-mail, voice-mail), to field staff;
- Contacting CCAC regarding discrepancies in frequency, authorization for extra visits or not seen/ not found visits, extensions to planned review dates;
- Dealing with all clients/customers/staff in a pleasant, professional manner; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability to manage coinciding demands;
- Demonstrated problem solving skills;
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate activities;
- Scheduling experience with focus on customer service;
- Knowledge of medical terminology;
- Experience using database software;
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft products (including Word, Excel);
- Accurate and efficient computer data-entry skills; and
- Must be able to work independently and within a team