Carefor Health and community services Employee Reviews

Lots of new skills learnt, little to no support.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 August 2017
Learned and acquired so many new skills in my 5 years of employment. Very disorganized company and lacks support for their staff members.

Partnering agencies often create malicious work environments for their staff. Not very good at handling issues between staff within the organizations. Despite hard work and commitment to providing this unique service , overall you are not a valued employee.
Pros
Exciting and fast past
Cons
high burn out, malicious environment with partnering agencies = no support from management.
So far the best employer
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 June 2017
My experience with Carefor was nothing but positive from the first day i started to the last day. I was a receptionist and I truly enjoyed working there. I didn't have the easiest position in the company being the receptionist and on the phone all day, but i knew i had Carefor behind me supporting me all the way. Going to work with Carefor was something I looked forward to every morning.
Pros
Allow me to help Carefor clients
Great not for profit agency
Billing / Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 January 2016
Responsible for the billing of over 500 plus employees in the Healthcare field. Worked as ther AR clerk overseeing all of the collection calls and invoicing with CCAC and Veteran Affairs.I was responsible for the weekly banking deposits, as well as maintaining and accessing client files .I also was accredited for implementing their Goldcare programing through their telephony project.Met all deadlines and performed numerous clerical duties.
Pros
great employees
Cons
my first position was a great way to learn all programs
Supervisor in Home Services (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON10 November 2015
This was my first position and now I am supervisor of different programs. It has been a great experience. I would recommend this place for employment to anyone.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
repetitive
great place to work.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 June 2013
Loved working at Carefor, Always had something to do never had a dull moment. Enjoyable work place. Always fast paced.
Pros
Always had something new to do.
Cons
Driving lots.
Fun Workplace with Fun People.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 April 2013
I did home care, I went into clients houses and assisted them with daily living, and meal preparation, along with tidying up their homes.
friendly and interactive staff. Accommodating with flexible hours for family life
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 January 2013
Been with company for 3 years and very happy. I wish to acquire more hours without travelling too far out of my district.