Careerbuilder Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Too much Partying...not enough Pay
Client Advocate (Current Employee), Norcross GAJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: happy hours
Cons: pay, advancement opportunities
PROS:

The atmosphere at Careerbuilder is very positive. There is a game room for you to kick back, and they are constantly having a 'happy hour' of some sort. Also they offer good benefits, i.e. an annual wellness benefit of $400 for you to buy fitness eqpt. or join a gym, etc.

CONS:

If you're working in client support/client advocate group, it's like high school all over again. Don't expect to be promoted unless you're in with the 'in-crowd'. There are people in management roles who have no clue what is going on, then you have to go to these same people for direction. Not really a good thing. And finally, the pay is horrible. 'Client Advocate' is another name for Account Manager, except they pay about $20k less for you to do an equal, if not more amount of work. You also receive a quarterly bonus, but that's not based on your performance. Ridiculous.

CONCLUSION:

If you are fresh out of college and not very experienced, this is a great company. But if you have at least 2 years experience in client services/support, you will be very disappointed with pay and bonus structure.
Work Hard - Play Hard
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee), Norcross, GAJuly 8, 2013
Senior Account Manager
• Managed Fortune 500 Companies from post-sales to completion of implementation process
• Responsible for day-to-day maintenance of more than 400 clients, measuring account performance and ROI
• Mentored Account Managers/New Hires to increase performance metrics and prepare them for the role of Senior Account Manager
• Conducted interactive, web-based training modules for clients using programs such as WebEx, Live Meeting, Go To Meeting, and Conference America.
• Traveled on-site for client visits and Quarterly Account Reviews, conducted interactive chair-side training initiatives
• Created Training Manuals/Interactive Modules for clients, to assist with new core CB products
May 2007-August 2008 CareerBuilder, LLC Norcross, GA
Account Manager:
• Responsible for managing and providing technical and professional support for over 200 new and existing clients with online recruiting needs, specifically in the automotive and healthcare verticals
• Assisted with the renewal and up-selling opportunities for existing clients
• Partnered with Sales Teams/Managers to increase client and Sales ROI
• Proficient with programs such as Adobe Photoshop (CS3) and Elements (8.0), HTML/XML coding, and all MS Office Programs including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook.
• Participated in mentor programs for new hires and developed one-sheets for sales/clients.
• Promoted to Senior Project Manager within fourteen months of employment
Very Good Company but can be numbing
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee), Edinburgh, SCTJanuary 7, 2016
Pros: work/life balance, benefits, team, location
Cons: Repetitive and Pressuring
So Careerbuilder is a great company to start your work experience (I had recently graduated). They really trusted me and gave me every opportunity to grow and learn with my position.
The location is ideal and your coworker really do become your family. As they are an American based company they are quite strict with life/work balance. You will never be asked to come in on weekends or do extra shifts. You deal with your own workload and time as long as the work is done.

In my case I was in a really great team. But the tasks are quite repetitive, kind of like you pressed the reset button each month. It is not like a call centre (Thank God!) but you can be put under pressure as things tend to move around quite a lot.

I really do recommend working there as it is not a bad environment, but I don't think you'll stay there forever.
Awesome software company
Software Engineer III (Former Employee), Norcross, GAOctober 17, 2012
Pros: discipline freedom, smart co-workers, awesome management, compensation
I worked for Careerbuilder for a year and a half as a software engineer and loved it until I left there to start my own company. By far, it was the best company I have ever worked for, to a point I would model my own company after it. It is a very casual place but filled with smart people. They practice discipline freedom to the core. Team gets to choose different technologies, if they make sense. Tuition reimbursement is actually encouraged by managers. Everyone is open to your ideas including CEO himself. You will not find companies like this in Atlanta.
Challenging position with great sales atmosphere
Major Account Executive (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 8, 2012
Pros: i was paid extremely well
Cons: micro-managing style
I managed a cluster of accounts and my job was to go deep and wide into the accounts. CareerBuilder taught me how to work in a large team atmosphere and rely on others to help me grow these accounts. There are many moving parts and CareerBuilder did an excellent job of managing those.

My co-workers were all extremely supportive and we collaborated often on account strategy.

The hardest part was the high pressure sales environment that meant you could never let your guard down.

The most enjoyable part was the compensation and benefits.
CareerBuilder in 5 Seconds
Senior Account Executive, Advanced Sales (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 16, 2014
CareerBuilder taught me sales, leadership, and training. I learned to cold call, prospect, create strong impact statements, present deals, as well as negotiate, and close. I have had a total of 4 different roles there and each one was different. In my last role as a Senior Account Executive, I started my day organizing, my clients were west coast and so I would plan for meetings, call blocks, and who I needed to follow up with when I first got in. Then I would begin cold calling, run at least 2 meetings a day, and follow up on proposals and emails.
Personal business that took a lot of hard work and dedication
Recruiter/Sales (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 24, 2014
Pros: everything ran at my pace
Cons: constantly exhausted and stressed
This was my company, I started it from the ground up and worked diligently to get it off the ground. I worked with my staff everyday to keep everyone excited and to maintain a high sales average. We had constant promotions and team meetings to keep morale up! The hardest part of the job was being the business owner I never got a second to breathe, but the best part was being my own boss and knowing that every breathe I put into my business made it that much better or worse.
Great Place To Work
Corporate (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: wellness reimbursement, summer hours, tuition reimbursement, transit benefits
Cons: childcare, parking
I love working here. It's a great company culture that's very centered around its core values. You learn a lot and move at a quick pace. There is a lot of opportunity for advancement if you know what you'd like to do with your life. Also the extended perks and learning opportunities are tremendous. I highly recommend this company for both entry-level types to seasoned professionals.
Fun place to work
HCM SaaS Account Executive (Current Employee), planoJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Great compensation package
Cons: NONE
There are no typical days. There is change on a daily basis.

I have learned how to communicate effectively with all levels of clients from recruiters, HR manager, VP's of operations, C level.

Coworkers are great! Everyone helps each other when they can.

Hardest part of the job is...taking over an existing account where the previous rep sold at a large discount

Making a sale!!!
Great place to learn about the recruiting industry
Major Account Executive (Former Employee), Los AngelesJuly 17, 2013
Pros: 1/2 day fridays, solid comp plan, executive leadership, advancement opportunities, training
Cons: not in a growth industry, best days may be behind them
CareerBuilder is a tremendous company to work for. Their CEO is a stand-up guy and has created a culture that captivates and motivates sales talent.

CB was extremely good to me, and I will always have a soft spot for the company.
Great Organization, really understand how to treat their employees
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 28, 2014
Generating leads, running sales calls, negotiating, providing consultive advice on recruitmment efforts.

Understanding the middle market clients, that have a generous impact on the overall economy of the country.

Management is hands on and very in tune with the ins and outs of the day to day work.

Co-workers are energetic, inteligent and aggressive.

This organization positions it's employees to have a great work life balance.
Duties/ Responsibilities
Account Manager (Former Employee), Norcross, GAJuly 31, 2012
• Responsible for supporting our sales representatives, training employers to use our product, resolving issues, and analyzing clients return on their CareerBuilder investment
• Maintained organization of 200 accounts totaling over $6.8M in the southeast region
• Generated daily reports to show performance opportunity areas
• Developed strategic goals for region
• Troubleshooting client portal issues
• Coordinated and developed the rework marketing images
• Consulted Human Resources on the effectiveness of Applicant Tracking Systems
Good place to develop your sales skills
Sr. Account Executive - Outside Sales (Current Employee), Chicago, IllinoisOctober 23, 2012
The company gives back to their employees through continuous training and development. You are expected to grow a current base of business and search for new buyers. You will be challenged to step out of your comfort zone every day. The compensation is very competitive, but the expectations of your role are very high. You are left to take the training provided to you and apply on your own business objectives.
Great Company Overall
HCM SaaS Technology Consultant, Energy Services (Current Employee), Plano, TXMarch 16, 2015
Pros: a lot of money to be made
Cons: strong competition for advancement.
Great company overall with a great sales culture. Some of the best sales people you will ever work with. This can however be good and bad. You are competing against the best and the brightest people in the industry for promotions which makes advancement very tough unless you are a rockstar. Limited advancement without being willing to move to Chicago or Atlanta.
Identity Crisis
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 29, 2015
Pros: Great benefits.
Cons: Management micromanages heavily and leadership does not have SaaS experience.
The organization is going through some significant growing pains as they transition from media to SaaS. Management likes to micro-manage their reps. Leadership has NO experience in SaaS and they have no goals towards hiring execs from Salesforce, Oracle, etc. Challenging times. Attrition and turnover have been brutal over the last 2 years.
Great Company, Amazing Working Environment, Awesome Management!
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (INTERNSHIP) (Former Employee), Norcross, GADecember 19, 2012
The two months I worked for CareerBuilder, I gained a ton of experience, at the same time enjoying myself. Being able to sit in on conference calls and powerpoint presentations and being able to get a look at how the company is run was a great experience! Two thumbs for a great company to work for! CareerBuilder treats their employees like precious gems!
Oozes with Innovation.
Non-Sales middle management (Current Employee), Norcross, GAFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: fun, innovative, cutting edge, market leader, profitable, stable
Cons: worst payscales for non-sales employees, don't even bother if you are looking for a paycheck comparable to market rates (atleast 30% below).
Fun workplace with young, intelligent employees. Awesome place to start a career. The work environment is everything you'd expect and more.
Great work culture and really awesome benefits
Software Sales Success Manager (Current Employee), Norcross, GAMarch 20, 2015
CareerBuilder has been great to me. I have learned more about myself, my work ethic, how to to be effective and successful in my role over the last two years. I can confidently say that I have an adequate understanding of exceptional customer service because of CareerBuilder.
Excellent benefits - high expectations
Recruiter (Current Employee), AtlantaJune 4, 2012
Pros: casual environment, company rewards, excellent benefits
Cons: pay, bonus structure
CB is a great place to work - amazing benefits, but lower pay. The culture is modern and open, and the atmosphere is fun and encouraging.
Employees are trained well, encouraged to be honest and ask questions, and thoughts and concerns are valued.
My only qualm with the company is the pay rate.
Stable Company with an independent work culture.
Sales Executive (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 24, 2012
Pros: lots of freedom, opportunity to travel, decent benefits
Cons: lack of communication from upper management
Overall, a great place to work. Due to current competition, management has cracked down and has started to micro-manage. This has hurt their culture and as such, success of their employees is starting to decline.