Careerbuilder Employee Reviews

Growing and fun position
Global Virtual Recruiter Contract Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXJune 15, 2016
This was one of the best jobs I have ever had. I hired over 3000 people for Motorola. I also opened branches and hired recruiting teams. We grew very quickly.
Pros
Many
Cons
too many people take this place for granted
Sales Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 11, 2016
lots of room for advancement, great culture and benefits, summer hours etc, $400 "wellness" reimbursement, Corporate Amex, Travel.
Pros
Money
Cons
Not really
Trying to be a "hip" company; failing miserably
Software Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 1, 2016
Careerbuilder is still in the process of becoming a SaaS company. The transition is going slowly. I don't have a lot of good things to say about working there. I would not recommend starting there right now.
Pros
good sales training
Cons
everything else
Production and Fine atmosphere
Senior Mentor (Current Employee) –  Chennai, IndiaApril 28, 2016
Production is must before deadline i will complete my work alone or with team, we have friday fun activities every week and 2 month we have go to resorts.
Nature of a DOT COM
External Reporting (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAApril 27, 2016
Careerbuilder had many mergers and acquisitions of smaller competing dot.coms. And eventually that happened to them and they moved to Chicago.

Again I was very busy as the only accountant merging databases to create financial statements and their notes. However learned how to use many databases types, SQL, data-mining, and query languages.

Hardest part was the personnel effects of mergers and acquisitions.
Enjoyable part was working in tee-shirt and sweatpants rather than a suit.
Pros
autonomy and learning, editing and creating database structures and languages for financial statements and models
Cons
lay-off scares
Careerbuilder is a great company to work for.
Skilled Labor Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 12, 2016
Careerbuilder is a great company to work for . The culture at the company is great espically if you a person that's looking to own or start your own company.
its the military
Infastructure Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAMarch 4, 2016
It has its pros and cons but overall it was the best decision I ever made. I would recommend it in a heart beat to young people
Great experience
Agile Product Owner in Corporate Applications (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 28, 2016
I had a great opportunity to work with executives, leaders, users and technical teams across the company residing in different countries.
Recruiting company for IT
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 26, 2016
Recruiters have same growth as the sales people in the office, which is nice. If you like recruiting this is the place to be.
Very Good Company but can be numbing
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, SCTJanuary 7, 2016
So Careerbuilder is a great company to start your work experience (I had recently graduated). They really trusted me and gave me every opportunity to grow and learn with my position.
The location is ideal and your coworker really do become your family. As they are an American based company they are quite strict with life/work balance. You will never be asked to come in on weekends or do extra shifts. You deal with your own workload and time as long as the work is done.

In my case I was in a really great team. But the tasks are quite repetitive, kind of like you pressed the reset button each month. It is not like a call centre (Thank God!) but you can be put under pressure as things tend to move around quite a lot.

I really do recommend working there as it is not a bad environment, but I don't think you'll stay there forever.
Pros
work/life balance, benefits, team, location
Cons
Repetitive and Pressuring
Awesome Company. Would work there for free if I had to
Business Intelligence Analyst / Developer (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GADecember 30, 2015
Really good company. Very team oriented. Great opportunity to learn and grow. Great benefits. By far one of my favorite companies.
Pros
Culture, teamwork, training
Review
Corporate Account Manager- Enterprise Sales (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAOctober 9, 2015
Allowed me to develop professional interpersonal skills, in order to increase the EBITDA margins within clients organizations.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
frequent travel
Progressive
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAOctober 9, 2015
I worked as a contractor at Career Builder. The corporate culture is fantastic however, the pay was rather low. I would work for them again because the exposure is good and there is much to learn.
Pros
good working enviornment
Cons
pay is a little low
CareerBuilder
Account Manager/Client Advocate (Former Employee) –  AtlantaSeptember 22, 2015
Great company, great benefits and culture. Excellent leadership to help your grow. Co-workers were kind and helpful through the training experience.
Great place to start
Sr. Business Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  Norcross GASeptember 21, 2015
Great place to start but sadly not everyone can stay with the constant change and ruthless pressure. The culture is maturing, but loosing the key driving light of it's success.
n/a
Client Support/Accounts Receivable Lead (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GASeptember 3, 2015
Good company to work for great culture. The management is there to help when you need them. would recommend working here.
Good work place
Client Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAAugust 20, 2015
Fun work place with helpful management. Number oriented focus. Fair amount of red tape and politics. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning my role. There was a lot of variety in each day, from responding to clients emails and phone calls.
Disciplined Freedom
Finance Manager, FP&A (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 30, 2015
CareerBuilder embraces disciplined freedom so it's great there isn't a lot of red tape and we're encouraged to implement change and make changes but also fail fast.
Fun environment and hard working staff
HR- Sales Recruiting Sourcer (contract) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 28, 2015
Careerbuilder is a fun company to work for and provide many opportunities to balance work and life. They expect a lot out of their staff but will compensate for these high expectations. advancement
Pros
Work/life balance, advancement opportunities
Cons
Demanding
Fun place to work
HCM SaaS Account Executive (Current Employee) –  planoJuly 9, 2015
There are no typical days. There is change on a daily basis.

I have learned how to communicate effectively with all levels of clients from recruiters, HR manager, VP's of operations, C level.

Coworkers are great! Everyone helps each other when they can.

Hardest part of the job is...taking over an existing account where the previous rep sold at a large discount

Making a sale!!!
Pros
Great compensation package
Cons
NONE