Salesforce Developer - CONTRACT or PERM (Downtown Toronto)
compensation: Hourly rate for this 6+ month contract
Our client in financial services has an immediate opening for a Salesforce.com developer to be responsible for solution design, configuration, and implementation. We are looking for an individual to work with internal architects and business partners to provide a solution to support advisors in the field with Client Relationship Management and Sales Force Automation, and at the same time, ensure the application aligns with technical strategy and processes.
- Lead the design and development of Salesforce.com (SFDC) solutions, following internal guidelines and standard processes
- Partner with the business and technical areas to understand their needs, and to deliver quality solutions in a timely manner to address the business needs
- Create required documentation such as design documents, unit test plans and participate in code reviews
- Provide leadership and process governance for work involving 3rd party and off-shore teams
- Communicate effectively with project managers, BSA's, and other developers, to solve technical issues and problems
- Suggest recommendations for process integration, application development, and ongoing enhancement of the new CRM system
- Proven ability to perform development, unit testing, implementation and documentation as it relates to Salesforce.com and other Force.com applications.
- Knowledge and experience with Salesforce.com and Force.com
- A confident, self-starter who can completely "own" the application delivery and can work independently or in a team environment
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills to breakdown high-level business requirements into more detail by questioning and probing for clarification
- Ability to learn quickly and ramp up on new technologies and systems
- Ability to work collaboratively with others (technical and non-technical partners or team members)
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) to express ideas, thoughts and questions so that it can be understood by various audiences and meets the customers' needs
- Good leadership, planning and consulting skills
Technical Skills and qualifications:
- 5+ years of development experience, including 2+ years in Salesforce.com architecture, design and development
- Software development fundamentals such as knowledge of data structures, object oriented programming, relational database design, and design patterns
- Proficiency in Salesforce.com development environment including Apex, Visual Force, Force.com IDE, migration tools, and web services
Certified Force.com Developer or other Salesforce.com certifications
Experience with data migration and ETL tools, preferably PowerCenter .
University degree in Computer Science or equivalent