Looking for someone that will do 50% development / database architecture and 50% DBA duties. The person they hire has to want to do this. Is this what you want to do?
RAC is a must
DBA will work in BOTH Operations and Development - Ops being 24/7 production support and development meaning, this is a SaaS company and will work with software engineers, as well as participate in data modeling and design.
Will be upgrading to 11gR12. They also has SQL Server.
They are migrating to a Linux platform so Unix experience required.
As a member of the Database Management team you will be responsible for the requirements, design, implementation, configuration, performance, availability, integrity and security of databases in direct support of key business and technology initiatives.
You are a highly motivated individual who can work as effectively on an independent-basis as well in a team-oriented environment. You enjoy a fast-paced work environment and have demonstrated the ability to actively support multiple concurrent initiatives and prioritize workload accordingly.
- Installation, configuration and upgrading of Oracle server software and related products.
- Establish and maintain sound backup and recovery policies and procedures.
- Plan growth and changes (capacity planning), Monitoring and process automation.
- Actively work with development team, take care of the Database design and implementation.
- Implement and maintain database security (create and maintain users and roles, assign privileges).
- Provide on-call support for the production environment, and supporting development activities; triage production issues, evaluate support requests, identify required structure and data changes; migrate
fix/changes through the environment consistent with change control policies and procedures Patch Management and Version Control.
- Setup and maintain documentation and standards
- Write database procedures, functions and triggers.
- Perform database tuning and performance monitoring.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant experience
Details: Computer Science / Engineering
Certification: OCP (DBA/Developer) is a definite plus and is preferred.
Experience: 8-10 yrs.
Details: Proven experience as a database administrator/developer
- Minimum 8 years’ operational experience managing large and high volume databases.
- Extensive experience in database designing, building, installing, configuring, and supporting critical and high volume OLTP and/or data warehouses.
- Experience with business requirements gathering/analysis, data process flowcharting and data modeling.
- Strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Experience supporting custom development and enterprise application package implementations.
- In-depth knowledge of Oracle 11g with production support experience in a multi-project environment – mandatory.
- Strong and proven experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager (Grid Control/Cloud Control), SQL analyzer, PL/SQL developer – mandatory.
- Experience with Unix/Linux in a multi-domain environment including basic commands and shell scripting.
- Backup and recovery using RMAN, traditional and datapump Export/Import.
- Working knowledge in Oracle Enterprise Manager, RAC, Data Guard, and ASM.
- In-depth knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL including tuning.
- Working knowledge of SQLSERVER 2012 (Cluster, DB-migration, backups and replication) – preferred.
- Ability to conduct research into database issues, standards, and products as required.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently and/or within a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
Indeed - 12 months ago
The Recruiter's Recruiters
Senior IT Recruiter