Senior Financial Analyst in Waterloo on an 8 month contract.
The Senior Financial Analyst is a highly skilled, business-oriented financial professional, with significant hands-on experience developing financial models and business cases to support IT initiatives, projects and investments.
The successful candidate is adept at defining and analyzing costs and benefits for a wide range of IT and capital project initiatives ranging from infrastructure to software/systems development to outsourcing.
- Performing customized financial analysis and other work for large initiatives such as outsourcing
- Guiding and adding value in the development of business cases and cost benefit analysis
- Reviewing, analyzing, critiquing and/or developing business cases that incorporate financial modeling with business-oriented presentation of the problem, impact, business justification, alternatives, benefits and other parameters to investment decision-making
- Providing financial reports related to above work
- Undergraduate degree in business/finance
- Accounting designation or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in finance/accounting specifically in analyzing IT and capital projects
- Good understanding of business drivers for IT investments and ability to tailor to specific situations and incorporate into Cost Benefit Analyses (CBAs) including commodity and income tax impacts
- Proficient at providing financial assessment, understanding & predicting results.
- Knowledgeable in financial risk identification and mitigation
- Requires strong interpersonal, communication, motivational, organizational and planning skills.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills required
- Thorough knowledge of and experience in using Excel including macros
Indeed - 8 months ago
The Recruiter's Recruiters
Senior IT Recruiter