Each delivery tower is responsible for building and supporting
A lot of DBA and ETL work
Each delivery tower has same model but different product
Director – will have about 3-4 each reporting to them with larger teams beneath them
Total 90 over 4 people
Good people management
Interact with senior executives – strong interaction
Executive summary skills
Single point of contact and will be working with business to influence and develop strategy and manage team and people management skills
Good people managers
Lead the business
Manage the team
Communication – leading team
Manage the application delivery services and production support for Customer Marketing business applications within Retail and Business Banking. This role has people management responsibilities to lead a team of skilled and knowledgeable system developers to provide cross-functional, multiplatform application systems. The incumbent will work with business leads, architects and solution designers to develop roadmaps and deliver application solutions to meet business objectives.
The applicant should have a demonstrated ability to work in a Business Intelligence and Analytics development environment. An understanding of customer information with respect to Financial Services would be an asset in working in partnership with our business clients.
- Provide leadership and effective management of business unit staff to influence employee commitment to the organization, to the team, and to their job
- Direct, manage and deliver large, complex, mission critical application development projects, Production support and Base Releases. Identify the drivers, strategies and needs of clients' technology operations and lead internal change to support those operations.
- Direct, motivate, develop and manage performance of the management team and key staff members of a highly skilled and specialized development group.
- Manage senior relationships with clients and internal partners within the business focused on Business Support initiatives; interface and maintain communications with them and business management. Monitor business and technology developments and provide on-time response and support.
- Facilitate smooth workflow of the department; ensure high standards and quality of technical work. Direct reviews of tools and technologies for improving performance and reducing costs. Establish, monitor and adhere to budget for respective area
- Analyzing project and/or technical risk, using available information, to support business recommendations.
- Analyzing business plans for shorter term initiatives to identify and recommend opportunities for enhancement ensuring alignment.
- Balancing resource allocation and workforce planning. Leverage offshore resources where appropriate.
- Assessing the impact of technology initiatives and procedures and making adjustments to internal operations as necessary to improve productivity.
- Determining the feasibility of new products / systems by analyzing market/economic data, competitor practices, vendor viability and architectural fit.
- Meeting the computing needs of an assigned business unit, including assessment and selection of technology and development of new/modified applications, as business needs change.
- Responding to changing business priorities and system outages (e.g., re-plan, re-prioritize, re-allocation of resources, etc.).
- Making judgements regarding the ongoing viability of a project plan based on ability to deliver upon agreed functionality within approved budget and schedule.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Subject Matter Expertise:
- Team Management and Team Building -- Ability to form, build and manage effective teams.
- IT Environment -- Knowledge of organization's total information technology (IT) environment.
- Leadership -- Knowledge of approaches, tools, and techniques for gaining the cooperation and support of others.
- Technical -- Knowledge of Visualization, ETL, DBA, BI, Analytics and Reporting software and tools, such as, Tableau, Informatica, SAS, R and OBIEE.
Extensive Work Experience:
- Risk Management -- Knowledge of process, tools and techniques for assessing and controlling an organization's exposure (assets, liabilities, reputation…)
- Planning: Tactical, Strategic -- Ability to contribute to operational (short term), tactical (1 - 2 years) and strategic (3 - 5 years) planning in support of the business plan.
- Managing Organizational Change -- Ability to manage the successful and smooth transition from current to desired culture, practices, structure and overall organizational environment.
- Budgeting -- Knowledge of specific policies and practices for planning and administration of budget.
- Application Delivery Process -- Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, formal methodologies and disciplines for delivering new or enhanced applications.
The Recruiter's Recruiters
Senior IT Recruiter