Business Unit Description:
Wholesale Banking Technology (WBT): is a global and business-aligned team which contributes to enhanced business performance by meeting all the technology needs of the Wholesale Banking lines of businesses. The team of development and management professionals provides application development and enhancement services, as well as production support and strategic planning support on a global scale. The group delivers world class solutions in support of business strategies, through a combination of in-house systems development and working with leading technology partners. Global Derivatives Technology (GDT) is a group within WBT responsible for building out the technology for the Derivatives trading Groups. Products being traded include Interest Rate Derivatives, FX options, Equities Derivatives, Credit Derivatives and Commodities.
As an Application Developer, you will join the GDT team which is responsible for building and supporting a in-house developed cross-asset trading system. A need has arisen for a developer to join the team which is responsible for restructuring the trading system to conform to a service-based architecture.
- Work as part of an application delivery team as a software developer involved in all aspects of the software delivery lifecycle from design through to build, test, release and support.
- Ability to design and build loosely coupled services connected via a message bus to meet the functionality requirements of a derivatives trading system
- Successfully prioritize and manage multiple requests, projects, and activities typically working under pressure
- Understand business representations of trading, risk, accounting and settlement data.
- Ability to extract, manipulate and transform data and have a good understanding of its business meaning
- Design and build regression test frameworks and reconciliation tools
- Must have a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Must have knowledge of the application delivery process, application design and architecture
- Should have a solid practical or academic understanding of Finance or Investments
- Must have minimum of 2 years practical experience working with Microsoft .Net related technologies with an emphasis on C# software development and related technologies including WPF, WCF, SOA, JMS, web services, SQL and XML
- Candidates with advance software development skills in related object-oriented programming languages such as Java or C++ will also be considered
- Must have good understanding of relational database technology, experience with SQL server database and stored procedures development
- Must have exposure to all stages of the development lifecycle, from requirements through to design, development, test, rollout, support and maintenance
- Must have knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for anticipating, recognizing, and resolving technical problems (hardware, software, application or operational)
- Must have knowledge of activities, tasks, practices, deliverables and techniques Must have knowledge of and experience with defining, implementing changes to, and supporting a production application
- Must be flexible, have excellent communication skills, relationship management skills, analytical and problem solving skills
What You Should Know
- May be required to do out of hrs support
- May be required to work some weekends
- May be required to carry a pager
Indeed - 10 months ago
The Recruiter's Recruiters
Senior IT Recruiter