Our client is seeking a Marketing Communications Manager to join their growing, high-tech digital agency. Reporting to the VP Marketing, you will be responsible for the management and hands-on execution of a variety of marketing and creative projects for internal needs as well as those of our clients. You will manage a team that includes front end web developers, web and graphic designers, and copywriters to ensure that all projects are delivered on schedule to the highest quality.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
In this role, project and resource management are critical. Specifically:
- Project management of all marketing and creative projects, from requirements to resource management and approvals
- Resource management, from helping with resource planning to hiring and managing internal and contract resources
- Information / asset management – you will be responsible for the management of creative and copy assets including brand and style guides to creative assets for our us and our client projects
In this capacity you will work with the team to support the company’s needs in sales, marketing, and product for high-quality collateral to help further our goals as thought leaders in the referral and loyalty space while providing sales and client success teams with the tools they need to successfully further our sales goals. These tasks include – but are not limited to – the following:
- Development and maintenance of our client’s company and solution brands
- Development and maintenance of the corporate website
- Development of standard product template assets (e.g. icons)
- Creative direction for sales and marketing support tools including brochures, datasheets and presentations; tradeshow display assets and literature; online videos; sales demos; white papers and other thought leadership content; webinar presentations; email marketing templates; etc.
In this capacity you will build the company’s capacity to deliver custom creative services for our client referral and loyalty solution projects; where the work is not custom you will work with the team to ensure art direction is successfully being carried out. Key responsibilities here include – but are not limited to – the following:
- Creative direction for custom graphics and site design, from creative brief to comps
- Consultation to clients supplying their own creative
- Art direction of any custom client project work
- Approval of all of our client’s creative project work prior to final presentation to their clients.
Skills & Experience:
- Strong project management skills; ability to manage multiple small projects (we don’t build aircraft carriers)
- Proven experience managing personnel in a variety of creative services roles, from web developers to graphic designers to copywriters
- A willingness and ability to do as well as manage; in this role you will be a key member of the team and will relish the opportunity to continue to act in a creative capacity whether in program design or development capacity as required
- A strong work ethic with a proven track record of meeting and exceeding deliverable expectations
- Deep knowledge of both B2B and B2C Marketing – you get the needs of an in-house marketing team around sales collateral and the website; you can also art direct a team of resources on client projects
- You are an experienced and seasoned web designer and front end developer, comfortable with the complete web design process from creative brief through to graphic design, CSS, and HTML
- Experience with responsive design techniques for cross-device compatibility would be an asset
- Experience in graphic design and copywriting for both B2B and B2C is a must
- Advanced skills creating email marketing templates that work across platforms and devices – another must
- Expert knowledge of Adobe CS and Camtasia
- Advanced PowerPoint skills
Training / Background:
- Previous experience in a fast-paced, start-up company with a software or technical product would be advantageous; if you come from an agency background you have a broad set of design, copywriting, and web development skills and have come “up” through the ranks to a project management role
- Bachelor’s degree with background in marketing/communication and/or a qualification from specialized school in design and a minimum of five years’ experience in a similar creative technical role
This role offers competitive compensation package including base salary, bonuses, and benefits.
If this opportunity fits with your experience, aspirations and passion, please respond send your resume, coverletter and salary requirements to us at the email listed below. We thank all applicants, but only short listed candidates will be contacted