Human Resources Manager
Our Toronto based client owns and operates Canada’s leading top tier retirement living residences. The bulk of the facilities are located in Ontario with venues also in Alberta and Newfoundland. Providing unmatched services the team provides residents with a vibrant lifestyle that offers tremendous choice embraced with a positive and caring environment. With further growth and expansion on the horizon combined with the desire to offer the very best working environment possible a new position is being added to the senior management team that will play a key role in shaping the working environment and attract the very best of care giving and operational professionals.
This new role in the company is an opportunity to make a major footprint on development and implementing leading edge policies and processes that drives employee engagement and embraces respect, recognition and performance. The ideal candidate will have a strong generalist HR background that is steeped in achievements and enriched with education coupled with innovation and vision. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer you will have a direct link with the senior executive management team. In addition to your solid HR credentials you will have excellent communication skills and be able to travel within Canada with a focus on the Golden Horseshoe and GTA on regular basis. Your programs will impact on the company’s 500 plus full and part time staff.
Being broad in nature and all-encompassing this position will oversee and be responsible for all HR programs, strategies and activities including: payroll, recruitment, benefits, attendance management, terminations, accommodation and modified work issues, salary and compensation, employee yearly performance evaluations, advise on human rights complaints, updating HR policies and procedures and implementing special projects. This is a hands on role that requires a “ get the job done focus.”
- Provide strategic leadership in the development and implementation of HR functions, policies and procedures
- Develop, implement and monitors performance management programs
- Recommend and implement HR best practices to drive employee engagement
- Respond to and manage processes related to staff incidents and provide feedback to senior management in a timely manner
- Ensure regulatory compliance with all provincial and national employment related legislation and company procedures are up to date and fully implemented related to: employment standards, human rights, occupational health and safety, labour relations and insurance matters
- Represent the company as required at key external hearings and tribunals related to employment matters
- If required oversees collective bargaining sessions and grievance meetings as the corporate negotiator.
- Contribute to the annual operating budget process from an HR perspective
- Keep abreast of emerging employment trends and patters related to benefits, case employment legal matters, HR issues and reports as appropriate to senior management with solutions
- Degree or diploma from a recognized College or University in Human Resources coupled with demonstrated progressive learning in both HR, Talent Management and Business.
- CHRP certification
- 10 years progressive HR experience
- Strong communication skills verbal and written combined with excellent interpersonal skill set
- Excellent Microsoft office suite knowledge
- Working in a health care and/or retirement living environment a definite asset
- Able to prioritize well and meet deliverables in timely manner
- Comfortable with frequent travel both day and limited overnight
- Salary is commensurate with experience and includes annual bonus, RSP contributions, excellent health benefits and travel allowance.
We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position closes February 7, 2013.