- Signing Bonus of $200.00 (With Conditions)
Live-In Community Health Worker
Care at Home –Vancouver, BC
Under the direction of the Care At Home Manager or designate the HCA Level 2 assists clients with all activities of daily living, including the physical, social, emotional, intellectual, spiritual and cultural needs/interests of client’s, in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the company. All services are provided in client’s home on a one to one basis or as supplemental care in facility settings.
- Directs and assists Clients with activities of daily living such as bathing, washing, bowel and bladder care, bed making, dressing, nails, oral, skin and hair hygiene. Completes all documentation for the aforementioned activities of daily living.
- Ensures clients receive adequate nutrition according to individual care plans by preparation and serving of nutritious meals of client’s choice,
- Repositions, transfers, transports and ambulates clients using the proper equipment/technique as identified in the client’s care plan and the company’s policies and procedures. Reports need for changes to client’s care plan, as necessary.
- Performs and records delegated procedures beyond basic personal care guidelines under the direction of a nurse.
- Assists and encourages clients to participate in social and recreational activities of their choice.
- companies client on outings. May be required to drive
- Observes, reports and records changes in a client’s functional and cognitive behaviour to the care manager/supervisor.
- Performs household duties such as light cleaning, vacuuming, dusting, bathroom sanitizing, laundry, linen changes, etc
- Performs other household requirements such as errands and grocery shopping
- Participates in in-services, staff development programs and serves on committees as needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of client and staff safety. Ensuring all areas of concern are noted to Care Manager or Supervisor.
- Reports unsafe or faulty equipment as per procedure to the Care Manager.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma.
- Graduation from an accredited Resident Care Aide/Nursing program which includes a Dementia and Palliative Care component or has completed a recognized Dementia and Palliative Care program.
- Palliative Care and Cognitive Impairment experience required.
- Food Safe level 1.
- First Aid and CPR “C” certification.
- Driver’s License Level 5 or 7 minimum
- Complete access to reliable vehicle
- Clear Driver’s Abstract
-Criminal record Check with Vulnerable Persons Screening within the last 6 months
- Immunizations Up To Date- Must be within the last year and be able to provide proof of same
(TB Test, Influenza, Tetanus, MMR, Hep A&B)
-A minimum of one year related experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities
-Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in English.
-Ability to deal with others effectively.
-Ability to maintain and control personal emotions during all situations.
-Physical and cognitive abilities to carry out the duties of the position.
-Ability to organize work.
-Ability to operate related equipment.
-Ability to work variety of shifts including weekends