Automation Controls Engineer
multiple locations (Barrie / GTA,)
Our client, a well-established Systems Integrator in the automation industry has an immediate opportunity for an Automation Controls Engineer to design program and commission automation control systems within the custom automated machinery industry. The position offers excellent long term career advancement potential and salary compensation. The opportunity requires a technical background in automation and experience designing and programming PLCs, HMIs and automation solutions.
Here is how you will contribute:
- Develop machine control solutions, specifying and integrating various controller, sensor and actuator technologies, including safety controls
- Program PLC, HMI and motion controls
- Design electrical schematics and control panel layouts
- Oversee control panel fabrication, machine wiring, and onsite electrical installation
- Perform onsite startup and commissioning
- Prepare customer documentation, including user manuals
- Electrical, Controls or Software Engineering degree or diploma
- Strong background in electrical design with a mechanical aptitude
- Demonstrated proficiency in programming PLCs and HMIs from Allen Bradley, Omron and Siemens
- Experience with motors and servo controls
- Experience in design and layout of control panels and machine wiring, applying proper electrical design standards
-Experience with industrial networking and communications protocols - DeviceNet, Profibus, Ethernet, Serial, etc.
-Working knowledge of industrial controls, sensors, actuators, instrumentation, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
Cardinal Search Group has been retained by the company to fulfill this search; if you think you might be the right fit, and would like to explore this further, we’d love to give you more information –contact: bruce at Cardianl Search Group
Local candidates only please.