Cardel is a group of companies that include Cardel Homes, Cardel Lifestyles, Cardel Designs, Cardel Renos and Cardel Resorts with offices in Calgary, Ottawa, Denver and Tampa. We offer beautifully designed and exceptionally well built homes for every stage in life from condominiums & townhomes, to starter homes and move-up product to beautiful retirement & vacation property.
Reporting to the President/Partner for Cardel Lifestyles (the multi-family division of Cardel)
This is a full-time role Monday to Friday
The ideal candidate will have:
Managing the incoming and outgoing finances of the company is one of the crucial tasks and this cash flow management is done by a finance manager of the company. A financial manager looks into all aspects related to management of money in the company and handles a team of financial analysts, financial planners, financial accountants, financial advisors and financial consultants. The reports evaluated and developed by all the employees of these departments are produced by the financial manager to the executive managers and directors which they use in taking important financial decisions.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Finance Manager:
- They are involved in the management of the accounting policies and functions, and outsourced functions
- They also manage the individual departments related to finance and make sure that each department is functioning well and is achieving its objectives as expected
- He/She forecasts the cash flow positions of the company and ensure that enough funds are available with the company for future
- Help the company in taking decisions related to equity and debt finance and investment of funds
- Maintain relationships with the banks that are connected with the company
- Plans budget for the company and manages it as well
- Help in cost reduction and retaining a competitive position in the market
- Look for the potential in the market and implement strategies for the operational improvements in the company
- Manage the capital budgeting process, business metrics, product pricing and target costing activities of the company
Skills Required in Financial Manager:
- A financial manager of a company should have in-depth knowledge of all the money related issues of the company he is working with
- He/She should have a statistics of the ups and downs of the company and the market value of the shares of the company
- He/She should have expert mathematical, statistical and analyzing skills
- Should be able to analyze the data and derive appropriate conclusions from them
- He should experiment with innovative ideas in making profits for the company through business deals
- Should have good managerial skills and leadership quality
- Should have ability to identify the potential resources for the company
- Good presentations skills, interpersonal skills, communication skills are also very important for a manager
- Ability to motivate the employees and serve as a role model for them
- Critically think on certain issues and take proper decisions for the profit of the company
- Should be aware of all the laws and rules
Educational Qualifications Required for a Finance Manager:
As the finance manager of a company handles all the financial issues of the company he/she should possess a degree in accounting, finance, etc. Finance managers should also have experience of more than 5-6 years in finance, sales, marketing or accounting. Construction Industry Experience is a definate asset!
Our values and policies promote teamwork, innovation, long-term employment and work-life balance. As a family oriented, community minded company Cardel Lifestyles offers many benefits including: flex days and flexible work schedules; an employee home purchase program; health insurance; team building and reward activities; opportunities to volunteer; career growth and advancement; continuing education reimbursement; and RRSP matching.
To join the Cardel Lifestyles family you may submit a resume by April 30, 2013. Please include salary expectations and quote #CL-VPFIN-2013 in the subject line.