Carboline Company Employee Reviews

Calculating new formulae, mixtng, evaluating
Fireproofing Chemist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 6314630 April 2017
Fast paced with weekly changes in experimental design.
Learning intumescent effect versus composition.
Open freedom to achieve project goals.
Family oriented workplace.
Hardest part was to keep stock of raw materials for R&D use to prepare batches at 100 pounds per day.
Most enjoyable to witness, record and compare data from intumescent furnace evaluations.
Pros
Trademark and logo enthusiasm shown in sporty trade show apparel
Cons
none to few
very great employee staff enjoyed working with everyone
Process Operator/ Material Handler/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LA6 March 2017
always enjoyed my time at work, very easy to learn new things with this company and schedule was very flexible. Very good benefits and insurance with this comapany as well
Overall BAD
NA (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO22 September 2016
Management is terrible. The people in charge create fear and a very poor work environment. They react rather than be proactive. This all starts at the top with the director and trickles down to every manager and supervisor. They prefer their employees be "yes men" rather than someone with experience or opinions. I can't believe some of the things I've heard come out of the mouths of those running the company. Especially of their own employees. No self respecting person should deal with this mess of a company.
Pros
It's a job.
Cons
Everything else about it.
Excellent salary and benefits- terrible leadership
Industrial Coating Consultant (Current Employee) –  Midwest21 July 2015
This company could be an industry leader but due to management it will only get limited talent because it will not retain the sales force due to lack of leadership. They offer a great pay, but it is not worth the headaches from the leadership.
Fun environment, grea co-workers, great leaders
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WA25 May 2015
Typical day started with a brief meeting for the days known activities. Then head out to the warehouse and begin putting together current shipments or doing routine cycle counts. Days would usually consist of recieving inventory and locating it throughout the warehouse and pulling ordered shipments, preparing them for shipment, and loading/unloading freight trucks.
Difficult place to work
Full time employee (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO17 May 2015
The culture at Carboline is very difficult. It's aggressive and is in a constant state of change. Stability is seriously missing and makes it a challenge to determine what direction you should take. The only people that advance are young, white, men who care only about themselves. Woman beware...anyone that cares about people...beware.
Pros
Great benefits and mostly great people
Cons
Too much change, compensation administration is inconsistant
Fun company to work for & fast paced
Technical Sales (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LA13 May 2015
Developed a business plan for North Louisiana & East Texas to grow sales in the Municipalities, Industrial Contractors, OEM, Oil & Gas and MRO in plants & refineries. Secured job spec position by meeting with Engineers during the pre bid process to make sure our product was on the job specification. We sold direct and through distribution.
Pros
work from home and not micro managed
Cons
salary draw and no company vehicle or expense card
Fun place to work at times
Production Planner (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LA9 April 2015
They need to have a more friendly work environment and train supervisors before they put them in a position. You should not have to as a worker to your job and the person who is supposed to be your boss.
Pros
Flexibility for family
Event Coordinator/Sales Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MO16 February 2015
I have the opportunity to grow with this company and learned a lot while I was there. The company is a great place to work, management is hands on when you want them to be and hands off when you don't need them. Employees don't generally leave until they retire.
Fast paced environment with few dull moments.
Lead Material Handler/Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LA14 January 2015
I get to work at 4 am, before the other employees in my department to assign their tasks for the day. I check housekeeping from the shift before mine. I monitor my radio while performing job duties to be aware of anything happening.
I have few problems with management or co-workers because my focus is on work.
Multi-tasking at a fast pace can get difficult at times, but not a problem.
Pros
Weekends off, uniforms and boots supplied by employer. Great insurance.
Cons
Pay could be much better.
Nice before company was sold
Customer Service/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO30 August 2014
It was a nice place to work before they sold to a holding company. The new people came in an laid off about 50% of the work force and left the place in a shambles.
Pros
Ok benefits
Cons
Sold out and became hard place to work.
Located in Westport
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO5 August 2014
HR department was great to work with. Most of the Vice Presidents are personable and easy to talk to.
Pros
Retirement plan
Cons
Slow to add personnel
Great company and benefits
Quality Control (Current Employee) –  Dayton, NV15 May 2014
Great company and benefits. Have been trained and given the oppurtunity to continue my education.
Great company with excellent people who are professional and put customers first.
Chemist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO9 April 2014
Carboline gave me the opportunity to develop and grow and foster good professional relationships in the paint and coatings industry. They are an excellent company to work for and filled with great employees.
Pros
Dedicated and talented individuals that make the company a success.
Fast paced, constantly changing working enviroment
Hazardous Waste and Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LA10 February 2014
Presented multiple day to day challenges including daily production schedule changes, logistical constraints, and equipment failures which required constant, strategic planning to still meet customer service promise dates.
Productive and friendly co workers
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LA7 February 2013
first, we will have a meeting and find out what batches we had to make that night.Then get on my forklift and gather all my materials I needed for the batch. Then I would start my batch. Co-workers was probably the best part of the job, because everybody got along, we would even hang out afterwards. Nothing was really hard about the job.
Pros
this job is a entry level operator's job, it give you that experience you need
Cons
there is not alot of room for advancement
major paint manufacturer
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO1 December 2012
coworkers are likable, the job was easy and well rounded. They have a "family" atmosphere.
Pros
good medical and health benefits
Strong company with several departments
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Xenia, OH2 September 2012
Carboline was a strong company where I learned many different skills as I worked in several departments. Through teamwork and hard work , I learned the functions of 5 departments and became a Team Leader.
Pros
quick promotion to team leader
Cons
company relocated to louisiana.