CARA Operations Limited Employee Reviews

Data Center operations
Physical Infrastructure Engineer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON16 February 2018
Excellent place to work at. Very good work life balance and management is exceptional. A lot of new technologies in data centers, learned a lot of new technologies and had exposure to a lot of technology vendors
Pros
flexible hours
Good
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 December 2017
It was a good place to work. Management was a little bit out fo touch and was working with an old business model. Union was tough in dealing with management and it really did not represent the interest of union members.
Great Culture
Area Associate (Former Employee) –  GTHA18 December 2017
experienced some fantastic culture, great teams, well executed operations and gained many life long friends.
very professional, lots of structure and support.

Many negative changes after new management and executive team.
Pros
professional, great culture
Cons
company culture change with new owners
great
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 December 2017
i enjoyed working at Cara most call centers look for two years of college in applicants. Age is also not a factor in the call center industry. While some occupations will have an age limit, there is none in the call center industry. In my experience, I have worked with people as young as eighteen and as old as sixty. In the call center industry, the only thing that matters is if you will be able to deliver.
i enjoyed Talking and taking orders to customers customers over the phone
 Maintains and updates customer information as necessary
 Calmly attempts to resolve and de-escalate any issues
 Escalates calls to supervisor when necessary and appropriate
 Responds to requests for assistance and/or possible processing of credit card authorizations
 Tracks call-related information for auditing and reporting purposes
 Provides feedback reports on call issues related to downtime and/or training issues
 Upsells to customers as necessary
its just to far a distance to travel
Free food
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC30 November 2017
The company is filled with people from different nationalities whom are fun to work with. You will enjoy the perks of not bringing food to work...food is free.
A great company to grow.
Guest experience manager (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON11 October 2017
I was a server and was offered the job to be in management.. it was a step up... unfortunately the hours that some weeks I put in was crazy.. and when another one of your management team was sick or having bad days to take time off our hours would increase. Learned a lot, but my leader was never there nor wanted to be and it turned me sour. I stepped down and went back to serving and love it
Pros
Steady pay check.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 October 2017
It’s a very fast pace to work at. It teaches you how to advance your customer service skill to the max. It’s a great place to learn how to problem solve.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Competitive
Great first job and progress to Corporate Manager
Corporate Operating Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON8 September 2017
I started working at Cara when I was 16 yrs old. Within a few months I became and supervisor and evenetually worked my way up to Corpartr Manager. Great way to build experience and build up your own personal management style.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Pay
Insulting to the Culinary and Hospitality Field
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON10 August 2017
After nearly 20 years and only 15 with CARA, the company has attempted to simplify everything for any individual to learn how to cheat, not follow recipes to proper specifications, to lie and cheat Food Handiling policies and procedures. There used to be a time where The Chefs were completing Store audits before The Health Board would come in, to ensure all staff were following policies and procedures.
Now that Cara has full control, franchisees who are never in their own store to and have Young Management teams that seem to worry about being friends with their staff instead of being a proper Manager.

Kitchen Staff are now whiney Millennials who feel threatened when you ask them to follow proper food handling and Cara Brand policies and procedures. Then cry to Management who they are friends with to defend their actions against you.

Cara has been insulting the Culinary and Hospitality industry by becoming lazy and inexperienced in The Food and Beverage Industry. Cara has become a profit organization that does not educate nor give you room for growth in their company due too poor Managemnet and receiving Managerial direction via Phone conferences.

Also Most Cara Brand Restaurants are the dirtiest and have equipment in the poorest conditions I have ever seen.
Pros
Tips
Cons
No room for growth for those with proper culinary experience.
fun place to work, great staff
Server (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON5 August 2017
management is personable and always willing to help out servers. Flexible with schedule, willing to work around other schedules. Fast paced work environment, and always aiming to enhance guest experience. Management understands and listens to concerns from staff.
Pros
60% off food while working
Cons
long hours, scheduled every weekend
Not a Fun Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON22 July 2017
The interview experience is definitely different than what you will experience when you begin the job. The culture is very tense, and Management staff are unfriendly and have high expectations. All they care about is how many calls are answered. You can call in sick, and they'll expect you to come to work same way so that the call que doesn't get messed up. A lot of drama with the staff, who are also unfriendly. Definitely would not recommend to anyone.
Cons
Shifts, Staff, Culture, Customers
I work for Cara service desk, Large organization lost in transition
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 July 2017
I am trying my hardest to do things right by our clients but it looks like my bosses just want to give a report to corporate saying we have less than x turn around time and we handle x amount of calls with less than x wait time.

in my honest opinion this strategy will blow back on us,this approach makes people feel unappreciated and our work will be meaningless.

I will do my best to really fix client issues, I feel this is neither appreciated nor encouraged, but I fear I will eventually become another drone who mechanically takes tickets and closes them with or without resolution.
Pros
informal environment
Cons
unsatisfied clients and I feel i cant fix anything
Not a fun or positive environment
Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Huntsville19 July 2017
Worked there for a few months in kitchen. It was one of the worst experiences I have had in a workplace.
Managment was not supportive . fellow kitchen staff and servers were great just not managment.
Since working there, I myself will not eat at CARA restaurants. I know what happens in the kitchen .
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Pay sucked. Attitude environment sucked
Harveys... Terrible
Cook (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON4 July 2017
Salary was atroatious, however schedule was flexible, you could easily get promoted but no pay raise, management was about as knowledgable as myself after a few months of being there, there was culture but the entire staff was one culture with a few white people mixed in. Would never recommend working here.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Everything except flexible hours
Nice work environment with Fuse-ball table
Customer Service/ Order Taking (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON9 June 2017
It's a good first job, but the management is not good. A typical day at work was good for the most part. The workplace culture was alright, was multicultural. The hardest part of the job was only having a 15 minute break if u worked 5h and under. The most enjoyable part was having swiss chalet during lunch with my co-workers.
Pros
got a 25 cent bonus for upselling.
Cons
bad management, long hours little break.
Time management and delegation.
Shift Manager - Customer service (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON5 June 2017
It all depends which position your applying for but as a shift manager in a restaurant atmosphere you need to know all basics of each position for both FoH and BoH.
Knowing what each job entails and how you can best manage each person or assist in helping them in slow or busy times.
Its a lot of being able to manage your time and make sure the guests are enjoying their experience.
Pros
Working in a family team building environment
Cons
Long hours, Long standing periods
They use you
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  London, ON31 May 2017
Take advantage of you and work you like a dog the staff is horrible and filled with drama and pick on the part time kids owner is a **** don't apply here!
Productive Fun workplace
Customer Service Associate and Order Taking (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 May 2017
enjoyed working at this place, co workers are very friendly, it is a very nice environment and the staff is very polite. Also given a good ammount of breaks with good hours.
Great place to work & learn
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  South Surrey, BC11 May 2017
Kitchen staff is very supportive however there is always an exception wherever we work. As it was my first kitchen job so I lareaned a lot with the support of other kitchen staff but sometime I felt that the managers has less patience or arrogant even You work as per the expectations. I still don't know what Is wrong with them. Overall it's a great place to work at south surrey location.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Biased behaviour of the manager
Great Learning Environment
Restaurant Management Trainer (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON7 May 2017
I was involved in both corporate and franchise culture and in both instances there was tremendous learning. As a life long learner the experienced obtained has provided even further insight toward creating more option and maximizing my potential.