CAR PICS 2.0 Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Great opportunity
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2017
like the other photographer said, the schedule is incredibly flexible! Every Sat morning you will be asked to give the next weeks' availability. Then the evening (sometimes late afternoon) you will receive an email from scheduling team about the next day's assignment locations. The folks in the office work very hard and they communicate openly and honestly.

here are a few things that I really liked about working with Car Pics:
1) $75 base pay for every day you go out and shoot for them. Since we are getting paid on per car basis. and the job is heavily dependent on weather conditions. sometime, It could turn out that you got to the location and the weather comes unworkable. or dealership didn't get enough cars ready for the shoot. In both these circumstances, you are guaranteed with a $75 for the day from the company.

2) The work is steady all year long. Forget about making a few thousand on a wedding shoot or something. It's not happening that often and you can't possibly shoot weddings all year long. It's ideal for pros to use carpics as side gigs that will keep generating income even in the slow time of their businesses. As for young photographers like myself who are still trying to establish themselves, this is great for me to generate enough income so that I can pay for my food and rent so that I can be free of relying on a part-time job that has nothing to do with things that interest me the most-photography.

3) It's great for photographers who are considering to relocate within Canada. They have dealership clients all over Canada. If you do a good job, they
  more... would want to keep the working relationship going. Taking me for example, I just recently relocated from Saskatoon (a tiny city in the midwest) to Toronto. It helps me immensely because I can start working immediately after I come to Toronto. It saved me time, money and frustration to look for a job like I would if I don't have this lined up for me when I arrive in Toronto.

So overall, the pay is good. and it's steady work.
Pros
flexibility, the opportunity to drive all kinds of cars (if you love cars like me)
Cons
Need to buy additional insurance in case of dealership lot accident
Diverse, flexible and fun work environment
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON7 November 2017
Working for Car Pics has been a pleasure. Out of the many jobs I’ve worked in the past Car Pics is by far the most flexible regarding scheduling. The people in the office do their best to make both the photographer and dealer happy, as well as the support team is always there to help if something goes wrong. It’s a diverse, constantly changing work environment, going to different dealers daily means there is always something new which helps to keep the job interesting.

The only downside of the job is the weather dependence, for obvious reasons we don’t shoot in the rain or heavy snow.

Overall fantastic job, the entire team really care for and takes care of the photographers, they treat us like friends not just subcontractors.
Pros
Flexible schedule, constantly changing atmostphere
Cons
Weather dependent
they don´t care about photographers
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 July 2017
Not a good company to work for. Dealerships are rude and they will give you dirty cars while car pic will tell you not to shoot it in that way. So you will have to pick between having carpic complaining or the dealership. Once the dealership complain about you not wanting to shoot those cars you are done, carpic won´t say anything but they will send another photographer and you will be vetoed for the rest of the dealerships.

If you want to feel expendable and walking over a thing ice, this is the place for you.
Cons
bad management, poor communication.