Capstone Mining Corp.
Capstone Mining Corp. is a Canadian mining company with two producing copper mines, the Cozamin copper-silver-zinc-lead mine located in Zacatecas State, Mexico and the Minto copper-gold-silver mine in Yukon, Canada. In addition, Capstone has two development projects, the large scale 70% owned Santo Domingo copper-iron-gold project in Chile in partnership with Korea Resources Corporation and the 100% owned Kutcho copper-zinc-gold-silver project in British Columbia, as well as other exploration properties.
As a Capstone Mining Corp. employee you will become part of a supportive, performance-driven and dynamic environment. You will be given the opportunity to expand your knowledge and skill set working alongside dedicated employees from a variety of backgrounds and cultures. We place the highest priority on employee safety, protecting the environment and enhancing the development of the communities where we operate.
By joining the Capstone team, you will be become part of an inclusive and loyal team where you will be supported in your career growth through training, diverse opportunities and professional development.
Senior Exploration Geologist, Mexico
Based at Capstone’s Cozamin Mine in Zacatecas, Mexico and reporting to the Exploration Manager (North America), the candidate is responsible for overseeing exploration activities at the Cozamin Mine and all other exploration projects in Mexico. The Senior Exploration Geologist (Mexico) position combines leadership and geological expertise coupled with the ability to create and promote safe and efficient processes in order to support excellence as established by Capstone Mining Corp.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Design and execute underground and/or surface drilling programs at Cozamin Mine and then other Mexico based projects
- Design and execute grassroots exploration programs at other Mexico properties
- Conduct property reviews and site visits for potential property acquisition, and generate business opportunities
- Conduct daily high level reviews of geological information generated from drilling programs and/or reported from the operating site
- Provide input to the on-site lab QA/QC programs and ensure it is adequate for resource estimations
- Review annual resource/reserve statements and aid in periodic reserve/resource reconciliations
- Oversee the input of data into plans, sections, 3D computerized models
- Implement strategies and processes to improve synergies and information flow between exploration, geology, and mining team members
The Ideal Candidate:
- Fluent in both English and Spanish
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a combination of both regional and mine site exploration
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geology (or higher)
- Experience with block modeling, mineral reserve / mineral resource models, underground and open pit mine production techniques, surface and underground exploration drilling and drill program planning (is an asset)
- Experience exploring for copper in Mexico
- Advanced knowledge of a 3D modeling software (ideally Gemcom)
- Versed in GIS software ideally MapInfo
- Production geology experience is an asset
- Regular travel within North America