"Capstone Mining Corp."
Capstone Mining Corp. is a Canadian mining company with three producing copper mines, Pinto Valley in the US, Cozamin in Mexico and Minto in Canada. In addition, Capstone has two development projects, Santo Domingo in Chile and Kutcho in Canada, as well as exploration properties in Canada, Chile and Mexico.
As a Capstone Mining Corp. employee you will become part of a supportive, performance-driven and dynamic environment. You will be given the opportunity to expand your knowledge and skill set working alongside dedicated employees from a variety of backgrounds and cultures. We place the highest priority on employee safety, protecting the environment and enhancing the development of the communities where we operate.
By joining the Capstone team, you will be become part of an inclusive and loyal team where you will be supported in your career growth through training, diverse opportunities and professional development.
"Job Title: "
"Position Summary: "
Reporting to the Vice President, Finance, the Operations Controller is responsible for implementing and maintaining mechanisms for consistent financial processes, financial budgeting, long term planning, forecasting and financial reporting throughout the operational sites (mines and development projects).
"Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to): "
- Oversee the roll-up and analysis of monthly/quarterly/annual management reporting for the operations, including both operational and capital spending.
- Oversee the roll-up of quarterly/annual financial reporting from the operations to Corporate.
- Implement, oversee and maintain a strong system of internal control across the operational sites (mines and development projects).
- Provide financial support and leadership to the operational sites (mines and development projects) in regards to planning, reporting, budgeting, and forecasting (includes cash flow forecasting).
- Assist the operational sites with deliverables for quarterly reviews and the annual audit.
- Operational analysis and narratives for internal and external reporting (i.e. monthly reports, quarterly/annual MD&A).
- Research, review and implement new accounting pronouncements.
- Develop and maintain a consolidated financial model of the Company.
- Participate in the development of the finance personnel at the operational sites (mines and development projects) for continuous improvement of the finance teams.
"The Ideal Candidate: "
- Recognized accounting designation (CA/CMA/CGA in Canada or international equivalent)
- 5 – 7 years senior accounting experience post designation, with Controller experience preferred
- Mining industry experience required, with operating mine site experience preferred
- A proven track record of implementing systems and process improvements
- Ability to recognize requirements, prioritize and work within defined timelines
- Advanced written and verbal skills, with an ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to develop, nurture and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive communications with employees and external consultants
- Strategic outlook regarding continuous improvement of processes
- Developed self-confidence, interpersonal flexibility, initiative and perseverance
- Spanish language capabilities (both written and oral) considered an asset but not required
This position is based in Vancouver but will require significant travel to Capstone’s mine sites (approximately 25%).
Indeed - 10 months ago