If you are in search of a unique position in a challenging, fast-paced and entrepreneurial working environment, then we have the ideal opportunity for you. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic, growing company with a broad footprint in Canada and internationally.
Capstone Power Development, a subsidiary company of Capstone Infrastructure Corporation, is seeking a Project Manager for its project development team in its Toronto office. The role of the Project Manager (PM) is to plan, develop and manage all aspects of certain of the company’s renewable energy development projects, in coordination with other Project Management staff, according to strict project deadlines and within the approved budgets. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members, third-party consultants, vendors and contractors in order to deliver projects according to plan. The PM will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle to ensure that the projects will meet or exceed Capstone’s financial return targets.
The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in the infrastructure sector, and particularly in renewable energy projects.
- Direct and manage project development throughout its full life cycle from development to commercial operation.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and key stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Plan, schedule and track project timelines, milestones, critical path and deliverables using appropriate management tools.
- Liaise with construction management firm and owner’s onsite construction personnel to ensure project delivery in with a high regard for safety and the environment while in accordance with schedule and budget.
- Manage and effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in an on-going and timely basis.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Identify and obtain the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments as necessary during project cycle.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Develop and deliver monthly progress reports, proposals and presentations as required.
- Determine and review the contents of bi-weekly project team reports, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises and devise contingency plans.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Be able to travel for project meetings with stakeholders, utilities and permitting agencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferably in an engineering or environmental discipline).
- Minimum 5 years of renewable energy experience in the Canadian marketplace.
- Minimum 5 years project management experience on construction projects with budgets of at least $10 million, with a track record of delivering on time and on budget.
- Proven track record of stakeholder engagement (colleagues, senior management, consultants, landowners, First Nations, members of the public).
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively coordinate a team.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated project management capabilities (budgeting, scheduling, reporting, etc), PMP or other project management credentials preferred.
- Demonstrated work-ethic and willingness to learn.
- Ability to speak French is an asset.
What Capstone has to offer:
1. Competitive compensation, bonus & benefits package.
2. Innovative, fast paced environment surrounded by a highly motivated team that will assist in developing your skills and enabling success in your career.
3. A team oriented and fun group of professionals.
If you describe yourself as a proficient self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, open concept environment, please apply for this position by October 11, 2013, by forwarding your cover letter and resume. Please include a reference to Project Manager in the subject line of your email.
Please note that while we appreciate all applications, only applicants under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Who is Capstone?
Capstone Infrastructure Corporation (TSX: CSE) is a well-respected and recognized publicly-traded corporation. Capstone Infrastructure Corporation’s mission is to build and responsibly manage a high quality portfolio of infrastructure businesses in Canada and internationally in order to deliver a superior total return to shareholders by providing reliable income and capital appreciation. The Corporation’s portfolio currently includes investments in gas cogeneration, wind, hydro, biomass and solar power generating facilities, representing approximately 370 MW of installed capacity, a 33.3% interest in a district heating business in Sweden, and a 50% interest in regulated water utility in the United Kingdom.
Indeed - 6 months ago
Capstone Infrastructure Corporation (TSX: CSE) is a well-respected and recognized publicly-traded corporation. Capstone Infrastructure...