CAPREIT Employee Review

as a result of many renovations it's a great place to work or live
Maintenance Person (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 January 2014
A typical work day starts at 7 am changing the full garbage compactor bin with a empty bin and reporting to on site office to get works orders. The day is spent going from unit to unit performing various maintenance repairs as stipulated in resume. The hardest part of the job is unclogging the garbage shute in between floors and frequent leaks in hot water line requiring shut off risers, locate leak behind wall and repair leak and water damaged wall or ceiling. The boilers in all 3 buildings often shut down and were scheduled for replacement. A two man maintenance staff is required to stay on top of work orders of three high-rise buildings. Management had lengthy difficulty finding second maintenance man to assist me, and work orders fell behind. Since then there has been significant renovations with complete overhaul of plumbing water supply and new boilers in all three buildings in addition exterior and interior renovations.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the gratitude of a satisfied tenant when I fix their toilet or broken stove.
Pros
living on site
Cons
living on site

Other CAPREIT Employee Reviews

Have excellent standard operating procedures yet an improvement on salaries and benefits will be great
Site Administrator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC10 January 2018
Its always a busy day at the office. A Site Administrator handles all the basic operations of a rental property building. From taking care of tenant's issues, such as but not limited to home improvement, collection problem, end of leases and suite showing to administrative work such as credit check and RTB filling.

The hardest part of the job is attending to emergency calls any TIME and DAY of the week without really getting compensated for it.
Excellent work environment
I.T Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  11 Church st9 January 2018
I was a pleasure work, if I had the choice I would go back to work there. I liked all my co workers and the company events also the internal office games and events
Pros
Company events
Cons
Pay is low

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CAPREIT. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9