The incumbent will perform basic resident care tasks to meet resident care needs in accordance with centre policies, procedures and nursing standards.
Must have graduated from a recognized Health Care Aide program or equivalent program recognized by CapitalCare. Must be able to read, write, and communicate effectively in the English language.
Two years of recent health care aide experience with the geriatric population and the chronically ill is preferred.
- Demonstrates an awareness of accident and injury prevention; adheres to safe work practices and procedures; and is responsible for maintaining self-wellness and reduced absenteeism.
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer relations and hospitality by being caring and courteous to residents, families, visitors and co-workers.
- Must be knowledgeable of methods of transfer and be capable of transferring and supporting residents of varying sizes and varying degrees of immobility. Must be able to physically lift 25-50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and deal with staff, residents and visitors in a tactful and diplomatic manner.
- Must be able to stand, walk, stoop, reach, lift and carry during the entire shift.
- Demonstrates good observational skills and problem solving ability.
- Ability to work on and contribute to a multi-disciplinary team.
- Maintains readiness and knowledge to function in accordance with fire emergency procedures.
- Commitment to social model of resident support.
Discover what makes 2,600 employees choose a career with CapitalCare. Watch our video.
Indeed - 12 months ago
Health Care Aide
- 6 days ago
Health care aide
We Care Home Health Services
Canadian Job Bank
- 13 days ago
Home health care aide
SUMMERLEA INTERNATIONAL CARE HOME INC.
Canadian Job Bank
- 11 days ago