- Perform telecommunications engineering work of average complexity for the appropriate line unit in the Division. Provide telecommunications engineering support and expertise on specific services, and specialized knowledge involved in the design, construction, installation, reliability analysis, implementation, operation and maintenance of the telecom infrastructure including the management of services, on our power system and administrative locations, which may include but are not limited to such areas of applications as:
(a) Telecom systems for power system protection, control, monitoring and operations including protection of power station entrances.
(b) Wired/Wireless fixed and mobile transmission systems and services including microwave, VHF/UHF, optical fibres, metallic cable, PLC and multiplex systems.
(c) Site telephony systems and services comprising wired/wireless voice/data/video solutions, computer and telephony integration solutions, specialty personal wired wireless communications systems, including site voice paging, emergency and public alerting solutions
(d) Administrative and Operating voice networks, including LAN/WAN solutions.
- Assist in the development and implementation of designs for telecommunications systems to meet or enhance the reliability needs of the power system and to meet other business needs. Develop and prepare engineering designs, estimate specifications and instructions for work or projects of average complexity for telecommunication facilities involving complex analysis.
- Participate, assist and perform maintenance, operation and service support and management functions on the various telecom transmission, power system telecom, LAN/WAN data services, administrative and operating voice systems/services as part of the Telecom suite of services and infrastructure.
- Be responsible for specific tasks of the assigned work or project, which may include scheduling, estimating of requirements and costs, technical specifications, design work, budget, tendering, resource requirements, etc. Provide estimates for telecom capital construction program and ensure work or projects remain within authorized amounts.
- Participate in the evaluation of new products/services. Maintain current knowledge of emerging telecommunication technologies and commercial services to ascertain suitability for use in the power system applications and other core business and administrative applications like voice/data/video services, LAN/WAN technologies computer telephony integration and other telecom enabled applications.
- Work with specific clients in the corporation to discuss their telecom requirements and assist with obtaining their acceptance of proposed solutions, including the definition and establishment of service level contracts for telecom services.
- Participate in work dealing with telecom carriers and re-sellers of commercial voice, video or data services for best customer and corporate value of purchased services.
- Participate or work with telecom carriers of commercial services and vendors of telecom software and hardware regarding the installation and maintenance of products/services and the resolution of problems. Assist with the Co-ordination of some activities in a multi-vendor situation and assist in influencing the suppliers towards development activities of value to us.
- Assist in developing standard specifications, policies and procedures for telecommunication facilities and equipment. Prepare Engineering Briefs for radio based systems in accordance with requirements of licensing authority. On occasion present such briefs to the licensing authority.
- Assist with the technical support for reported problems on existing or newly installed operating telecommunications systems.
- Assist in the provision of specialized engineering information, education and assistance to other units in the division and other Business Units in the corporation. Monitor acceptance tests and inspect telecom facilities as required.
- Assist in the preparation of designs, installation instructions and operating procedures to minimize risk to health and safety.
- Assist in the development and prepare telecommunication plans to meet customer and Corporate requirements. Recommend proposals for integrated telecommunication services based on cost/benefit analysis.
- Maintain current knowledge of specific areas of telecommunication technology, including new products and services, techniques, procedures, designs etc. Recommend changes that will result in work programs. Participate in the planning of future work programs and budgets and explanations of variances.
- Participate in interdepartmental studies requiring good engineering knowledge on telecom facilities, equipment, customer requirements, and interfaces.
- For assigned work or project, collaborate with customers, other divisional staff and external parties in correlating telecom facilities and to obtain concurrence with schedules. Co- ordinate schedules to meet in-service dates and revise accordingly. Check progress of work, investigate delays and take corrective action.
- Participate in meetings with internal divisional and customer groups, and outside agencies and parties to advise and reach consensus on technical matters pertaining to engineering specifications, telecom requirements and to resolve technical and other issues. Represent the department, division or Corporation on various internal and external committees as required.
If you have the required skills, please submit your resume in MS Word format asap and a representative from our company will reach out to you.
Indeed - 7 months ago