3 month contract for a Service Desk Analyst responsible for providing end user support of all IT applications.
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide 1st and some 2nd level application support and ongoing maintenance of desktops, applications, local servers and other technology devices through on call telephone or email support. This includes liaising with internal customers, external vendors and other IT team members. The position requires a good understanding of IT support experience.
This role also requires strong interpersonal, organizational, and well developed and proven technical skills combined with the ability to readily adapt to rapidly changing business and technology environments.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Primarily providing remote support over the phone, via email, remote desktop control or in person.
- Supports the 1st level Service Desk team (acknowledge SLA thresholds, customer follow up, respond as additional support when needed).
- Required to support after hours IS Helpdesk activities by being the on-call support analyst to respond to issues within 15 minutes, 24 hours a day on a rotation basis.
- Contacts vendors for product information, pricing and support as required.
- Performs root cause analysis on incidents and takes action to eliminate recurrences.
- Prepares reports to be used to monitor tracked incidents, root causes and SLAs.
- May be required to assist in server maintenance which requires working outside of traditional working hours.
- Notifies the IS Management team when issues arise and takes corrective action when needed.
- Contributes to and documents communication from all incidents and problems in IT tracking tools.
- Initiates and maintains communication with internal and external stakeholders of the projects.
- Assists with the orientation and development of Information Systems methodology and processes.
- Leads some smaller projects which require creating project plans, identifying resources and managing the execution of the project to ensure that deliverables are met in a timely manner.
- A post-secondary degree in Information Technology.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a technology support role.
- Knowledge of Service Desk System processes (creating tickets, acknowledge SLA thresholds, Customer follow up, Voice mail administration).
- Strong knowledge of Windows desktop environment including PC and related “off the shelf” applications.
- Experience with Terminal Emulation Suites including Telnet, Shell and SSH.
- Experience with Desktop Management, imaging and hardware tracking.
- Experience interacting with BIND and interaction with Windows DNS and DHCP.
- Experience with batch files and VBS scripting.
- Experience with Symantec Suite of tools including SEP, Ghost and SAV.
- Good working knowledge of ITIL, specifically Service Desk processes.
- MCSE or later certification.
- A+ and Network + certification.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Must be a team player and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to self-manage projects with remote supervision.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task while being highly organized and detail oriented.
- Continually seeking to innovate and make process improvements to increase operational effectiveness.
Please forward your resume along with hourly rate expectations.
This role is anticipated to start early November.