CAPITAL SAFETY

CAPITAL SAFETY Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Ovetime, overtime, overtime
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee), Red Wing, MNApril 11, 2015
Pros: You will like it for a couple weeks.
Cons: The OT becomes so overwhelming it completely takes over your life.
If you want to work here, say goodbye to your life. It is overtime, overtime, overtime. I didn't mind at first because I enjoyed the extra money. But the OT becomes crushing. There was no time to spend with my family or friends anymore. Management doesn't seem to care. They keep telling you the OT will end, but it doesn't. And it probably never will.
dont work here
shipping (Former Employee), Red Wing, MNApril 7, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: our just a number
terrible place to work , basically a modern day sweat shop, had to work long hours for very little pay.management dont care about you
Great Co-workers with great HR
Assembly (Former Employee), Red Wing, MNOctober 14, 2014
Pros: good lunch room, free coffees, and family-like potlucks with good interaction amongst employees and staff
Cons: supervision is kind of low but they have team/shift leaders who "think" they're supervisors
I had a great time at this place sadly my career was terminated due to a family emergency, If I can I would be glad to be employed there again.
Fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Red Wing, MNApril 10, 2014
Customer in-bound, email, order entry, tech support, shipping issues
Growing company with small-town culture
Marketing Associate (Current Employee), Red Wing, MNMarch 18, 2014
Pros: growing company.
Cons: unless you live in red wing, it's a long commute. many commute from the metro
Capital Safety was established in Red Wing, MN and many of its employees have worked there 35+ years. It has a small-company "feel" but with a few of the perks of a larger company (healthcare, 401k, school reimbursement, etc.). One position can wear many hats.
great place
General Laborer (Former Employee), Red Wing, MNMay 23, 2013
Pros: money
i loved working here, had I not moved away I would still be there to this day. money there is awesome
lots of overtime and saturdays
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Red Wing, MNMay 23, 2013
repair production equipment learning how to work on industrial sewing machines most of management cares, a lot of fun coworkers hardest part of job is fast paced and long hours most enjoyable part is working with others
Hardest part of my job
Shipping Specialist/Shipping Lead (Current Employee), Red Wing, MNApril 6, 2013
Pros: i love the products we make. they keep people safe while on the job.
Cons: some people are not accurate in their picking process. wrong products=unhappy customers
The hardest part of my job is being able to see other employees at "Work" not working, when something is said to these individuals, they think they are being treated unfairly. I'm sorry, you get paid for doing a job not to stand around and talk with other employees.
If you don't like doing your job, There's the door.
My job is fast paced, I need no supervision on how my job is done.
Flexible
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Red Wing, MNNovember 2, 2012
Pros: plenty of overtime
Cons: very physically demanding
Very physically demanding job. Walked an average of 9-10 miles a day, lifting and shipping out hundreds of boxes a day.