Capital One

• Salary/Benefits
QA Tester/Jr
QA Tester/Jr (Former Employee), USAMarch 19, 2014
Business Analyst
Credit Monitoring System is used by Capital One financial underwriting department to review and adjudicate all the credit application received from different sales channels. Credit Monitoring Adjudication project provides a comprehensive highly automated adjudication system that will return consistent credit decisions for customers – more... through all sales channels.
• Involved in the project as a QA tester
• Understood the requirements and business rules of adjudication formulas
• Created test scenarios and test cases
• Identified test data for the test cases and mapped the test data to the test cases for execution purpose
• Performed functionality, system integration and end to end testing
• Executed test cases on the new builds for retesting and regression testing
• Provided reports to the management on regular basis
• C, Power Builder, VB, Quality Center 8.0, Web Logic Server, MQ Series, XML, Windows 2000/XP, IE, UNIX and DOS – less
one of the better jobs out there
Loss Mitigation Officer Late Stage Collections (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: competitions and bonuses
Cons: constantly changing requirements for bonuses to be awarded
Highly competitive environment
Capital One auto finance at Allied international Credit is housed in a facility that has an onsite gym as well as newly added recreation room and prayer room. The work is repetitive and intense but in a call center environment a certain level of urgency is expected. Moving up in the job can become difficult due to the – more... high turnover from stress involved and staying long enough to take advantage of those opportunities can be an issue. This job is not for all types of people. Renovations are making the workplace a better place to be in. – less
Experience Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee), TorontoDecember 3, 2013
I was hired as a contract recruitment coordinator to Support both professional and Campus recruitment initiatives.
Fun, exciting, Productive
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 22, 2013
Pros: positive atmosphere
Exciting, good learning process
Learned good Management skill, good time management skills
Management was extremely dynamic and good atmosphere
Hardest part was complicated business rules and procedures
Most enjoyable part of the job was good team, who were always encouraging, guiding and enthusiastic. Learned lot of testing techniques which helped – more... me grow as a tester. – less
• Around 6 years of experience in Software Development Life Cycle with emphasis on Quality Assurance. • Experience in System Specification Analysis, T
QA Automation Analyst (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 1, 2013
• Worked closely with clients in gathering and reviewing the business requirements for each Sprint/Release.
• Understood SRS and kept track of the new requirements/change in requirements of the project.
• Coordinated with project manager and development team to formulate test strategy, scope of test effort, test resources required, and test-release – more... schedules.
• Performed and planed functional, regression testing, integration testing, system compatibility testing, and User Acceptance Testing.
• Involved in generating test plan, test cases using HP Quality Center.
• Wrote SQL queries to test the oracle database and validate the data integrity.
• Performed regression testing to ensure no new bugs exist due to modifications using Quick Test Professional.
• Created Automated Data Driven test scripts using QTP Scripts for performing highly efficient regression test cycles that can perform XML String comparison to differentiate between expected and actual results.
• Created VB scripts in QTP to connect to various reference databases in Oracle host servers using embedded SQL statements.
• Created VUser Scripts for Performance and Stress testing using LoadRunner.
• Created Scenarios to simulate load and stress testing for multiple Vusers for various Enterprise services and systems.
• Generated Reports, Graphs, Summary data, and Collating execution results to help analyze the performance of the systems using Load Runner Analysis.
• Developed Test scripts using Load Runner by recording test cases and enhanced scripts by adding checkpoints, parameterization and correlation.
• Performed Cross browser testing is used on Internet explorer and Netscape navigator for browser compatibility.
• Participated in Release Review/Requirement Analysis and Design review meetings.
• Experienced in testing configuration and customization like fields, page layouts, users, role hierarchy. – less
QA Automation Analyst (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 10, 2013
• Involved in generating test plan, test cases using HP Quality Center.
• Created VUser Scripts for Performance and Stress testing using LoadRunner.
Productive , Proactive.
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYDecember 31, 2012
Pros: job security
Cons: none while i was there
fun place to work, accommodating and there are job advancement opportunities.
First experience!
Collector, NCO Financial Services (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 12, 2012
This was my first job experience here in Montreal and it was quite the challenge. It was collection and our clients were delinquent Capital One Hispanic customers.
Pleasant environment: Nice cafeteria, very casual dress code, ping pong tables...
Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 5, 2012
- No Transparency
- No willingness to make decisions
- Bias for action environment with low emphasis on planning and execution
Simply Amazing
Fraud Liaison Officer (Current Employee), Unable to discloseSeptember 20, 2012
Pros: exposure
Cons: facilities
Working at Capital One is a day to day challenge, being in the fraud prevention department does give you the drive to help prevent, find solutions and reach further to get the information you need.
Fun workplace
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 13, 2012
The typical day at work is when i have to handle with the customer, where i have to pronouce their names correct, and handle with a bad customers with attitude. Cant show customers our mood swings and stressing.

What i have learned is to control with customers, how to take a proper call, challenge the customers and with my co-workers. I love to challenge. – more... I love all my co-workers because we all got good team player, we always help each other, solve problems when we all need help and ask our supervisor for good answer when customers ask us when we dont know what good answers to get, thats how i get alot of experience.

To be honest the hard part of the job is customers, when i get rude customer when they get so mad and starts yelling, swearing and gives us the big stress where we gotta handle myself. But that gave me the good experience. Hard part is keeping everyone happy.

Management, its a good place to work, everyone at work is easy to get along with including management, they help you when we need help and not sure of or aware of what i am doin. Comfortable place to work.

Enjoyable, fun, very busy with clients, the time flies fast, the managment and my team, always on the phone, keeps me busy , its very fun challenging with my co-workers. I enjoy speaking with clients and helping with them to reach their goals – less
bank
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 20, 2012
CapitalOne is a large financial institution with strong traditions and intellectual environment
It was a really amazing place to work.
Customer Service Representative & Data Entry (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 6, 2012
Pros: gained good friends.
Cons: handling with deceased accounts.
A typical day at work would include the following
- Taking in-bound calls and out-bound calls if needed
- Managing customer account
- Investigating on fraudulent accounts
- Obtaining information through different sources like Trans-Union
- Authenticating the customers
- Giving customer information on their account
I have learned allot about the credit – more... and banking industry. In this job I gained so much friends through all my co-workers. My co-workers helped me when I needed help and I helped them when they needed help.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with deceased accounts because it is so sad to close off account of deceased customers when one of their family is on the line.
The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting and learning about the credit and banking industry. – less
The people are great there! The place is too dust…not recommended for allergy suffers.
Temp CSR (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 4, 2012
Pros: always an activity
Cons: messed up hours
Go to work greeted by friendly faces. They enjoy your company because you actually talk to them. Come in sit down and set up you workstation and have all your applications ready for your first call and the ones after. Break/Lunch/Break…look forward to those especially if you just dealt with an irate customer. Shift done…say good night to every one you – more... know, if they are there. Go home.
Was transfered to the Fraud dept and your thinking skills are utilized big time. You are also make big decisions so it expand your abilities and skills.
I prefer to not comment on management, other than some were good (FD) and others were not. – less
Very fast paced & detail oriented
Inbound Collections / Customer Service (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONApril 2, 2012
Pros: teamwork, professional, fast paced, educating
Cons: department was disintegrated
I liked this position. Many people do not like collections. I enjoyed it because it gave me an opportunity to show the client that we could work out something that would work for them in their current financial situation. I enjoyed being able to explain to clients what they needed clarified and felt like I was easing their stress levels and that I was – more... proving to them that not all collection agents are nasty.

Some clients were harder to explain things to than others, so patience was a real virtue here, as was having the ability to speak clearly and in a manner that they could understand their situation, the affects that it was having on their credit, and giving them options that they could work with financially. – less
Great employer despite quirks
Senior Coordinator (Current Employee), Richmond, VAApril 15, 2014
Pros: people centric, ability to move around the company, great pay
Cons: competition can be overzealous, black-hole departments you can't move on from
Capital One is one of the best companies i've ever worked for. The pay is great and the mobility within the company is impressive depending on the department you enter.

if you're unfortunate enough to enter a bad department, then your upward and lateral mobility can and will suffer. it's unfortunate but possible to end up in a black hole department – more... and the only way to move up financially is to leave the company.

Cap One creates an environment based around competition. Sometimes this competition can get out of hand and there aren't many safeguards to prevent this.

overall, if you end up in a good department, this is the kind of company that can be very rewarding to it's employees. – less
Exceptional talent, great people
Senior Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VAApril 15, 2014
Exceptional talent, great people, strong teamwork. Overall very healthy work environment.
Overall a fun place to work
Unit Manager (Former Employee), Sioux Falls, SDApril 15, 2014
Pros: upbeat fun atmosphere
Cons: managers have to manually track attendance, and do all qas
Phone assoc enjoy the no handle time restrictions and fun atmosphere. As a manager I was responsible for making sure assoc had the info and supplies they needed.
Good place to work... for now.
Mortgage Closer (Current Employee), Plano, TexasApril 11, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: too many unnecessary changes
from a current employee...

They said they were looking at PTO being even across the floor. Not my fault if someone wants to use PTO instead of making up time. That should be up to the employee. Cap one prides itself on being one of the best places to work & how they take care of their employees and all this stuff, yet they keep making changes that – more... are not Employee friendly! – less
Very Productive Invironment
Check Processor (Former Employee), Richmond, VirginiaApril 11, 2014
Pros: got to learn different things
Cons: temporary agency, job ended
Fast paced invironment, limited supervision, had to maintain a certain quota.

1 2 3 4 5

About Capital One

Capital One isn't just concerned with what's in your wallet; it's interested in your bank account as well. The company is best – Read more