Capital One Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
There is a lot of computation to gain bones and benefits in work.
Fraud Agent (Former Employee), Quebec City, QCJanuary 31, 2016
i learned a lot about fraud in banking credit cards , and how to discover when i face any case is fraud or not and how to prevent fraud to be done, and how to advice people to save themselves from fraud .
management was very good management in everything from benefits , supporting employs to improve themselves , encourage employs by doing computation to gain more benefits .
All the colleges were very helpful and all the managers as well.
computation is the most enjoyable part of the job
High turn over rate, A lot of politics in the office
Data Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 10, 2015
Pros: good benefit
Cons: bad management
I am so happy that I left Capital One. There are a lot of politics in the office, and the mangers are not qualified(in terms of both job required skills and management skills). I feel much happier at my current work.
Great experience,learn alot of interesting techniques
banker (Former Employee), milner 301September 30, 2015
Pros: very good lunch room with
Cons: not alot of management on the floor during after hours
Capital one was very professional with great growth opportunities.They also had premium pay which was a great opportunity for people to get a little bit more income and also for people who did not mind working awkward hours.Over all it was a fun experience.A typical day at work is,get in 15 minutes early go to my desk,turn on computer.Once pc is turned on i log into all the different systems i will be using that day (around 7).Put on my head set then log into the queue when my shift starts.
great place to work
Collector (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 6, 2016
Cons: long hours
have amazing and helpful co-wokers, getting long hours, enjoyable place, i have learned at work, hardest part is dealing with customers
Productive and Fun place to work
Bilingual Fraud-Dispute Risk Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 11, 2016
It's a very nice company to work for , good balance between work and fun place, culture is included everyone from the top to the bottom we do feel as part of a big team. Everyone is all-in .
Great Company
Customer Experience Associate (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 6, 2016
Pros: benefits, environment
Cons: As per customer service, the job is very repetitive.
Capital one has one of the best job environments I ever experienced. The salary is a little bit above average but its benefits and insurance are really good.
N/A
IT Manager, Business Systems Analyst Sr (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 19, 2015
Pros:
Good company to work
Great benefits and compensations packages
Flexible schedule

Cons:
A lot of politics in terms of career growth
If you aren't part of the "click", tough time fitting in
Great company for youngsters
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 11, 2015
companies for opportunities in IT sector. Friendly and learning atmosphere, will look forward for another chance to work in this organization again.
The people are great there! The place is too dust…not recommended for allergy suffers.
Temp CSR (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 4, 2012
Pros: always an activity
Cons: messed up hours
Go to work greeted by friendly faces. They enjoy your company because you actually talk to them. Come in sit down and set up you workstation and have all your applications ready for your first call and the ones after. Break/Lunch/Break…look forward to those especially if you just dealt with an irate customer. Shift done…say good night to every one you know, if they are there. Go home.
Was transfered to the Fraud dept and your thinking skills are utilized big time. You are also make big decisions so it expand your abilities and skills.
I prefer to not comment on management, other than some were good (FD) and others were not.
one of the better jobs out there
Loss Mitigation Officer Late Stage Collections (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: competitions and bonuses
Cons: constantly changing requirements for bonuses to be awarded
Highly competitive environment
Capital One auto finance at Allied international Credit is housed in a facility that has an onsite gym as well as newly added recreation room and prayer room. The work is repetitive and intense but in a call center environment a certain level of urgency is expected. Moving up in the job can become difficult due to the high turnover from stress involved and staying long enough to take advantage of those opportunities can be an issue. This job is not for all types of people. Renovations are making the workplace a better place to be in.
productive fun place
Project Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 19, 2015
Variety of roles and wonderful job rotation
Excellent work life balance
Great workplace that encourages innovation and productivity with great culture
Junior Statistician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 4, 2013
Pros: free food and good environment
Cons: confusing office layout and bad naming system (from projects to meeting rooms)
The culture is great at Capital One (Canada Branch). Everyone is very friendly and willing to help. The lack of formal wear and the humorous environment makes you look forward to looking towards work everyday.

The work is interesting as well. New methods are always explored to attempt to create a better model. The company holds Research and Development sessions to give people a chance to explore the unknown.
Productive and encouraging
Sr. QA Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 2, 2015
One time we faced a situation to complete the Test cycle under a typical time lines. In that situation by following the release note, I prepared the regression test set which contains selected test cases related to fixed defects and the test cases related to new requirement to achieve the complete regression test cycle in a given time. With the team work we are able to reach the dead line.
Fun, exciting, Productive
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 22, 2013
Pros: positive atmosphere
Exciting, good learning process
Learned good Management skill, good time management skills
Management was extremely dynamic and good atmosphere
Hardest part was complicated business rules and procedures
Most enjoyable part of the job was good team, who were always encouraging, guiding and enthusiastic. Learned lot of testing techniques which helped me grow as a tester.
Great experience; easy-going supervisor
Technical Writer/Editor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 7, 2015
I learned a lot about the financial services industry while at Capital One...particularly relating to direct mail and how to catch a reader's eye. My supervisor was a really knowledgeable guy with a good sense of humour, so it was fun to work there!
Capital One
SR Recruiter/Sourcer (Current Employee), North York, ONFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: excellent communication and openess
Cons: it's in north york.
Excellent place to work. I really enjoyed my time with this company. Everyone really takes the time to listen and help whenever needed.
Fun workplace
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 13, 2012
The typical day at work is when i have to handle with the customer, where i have to pronouce their names correct, and handle with a bad customers with attitude. Cant show customers our mood swings and stressing.

What i have learned is to control with customers, how to take a proper call, challenge the customers and with my co-workers. I love to challenge. I love all my co-workers because we all got good team player, we always help each other, solve problems when we all need help and ask our supervisor for good answer when customers ask us when we dont know what good answers to get, thats how i get alot of experience.

To be honest the hard part of the job is customers, when i get rude customer when they get so mad and starts yelling, swearing and gives us the big stress where we gotta handle myself. But that gave me the good experience. Hard part is keeping everyone happy.

Management, its a good place to work, everyone at work is easy to get along with including management, they help you when we need help and not sure of or aware of what i am doin. Comfortable place to work.

Enjoyable, fun, very busy with clients, the time flies fast, the managment and my team, always on the phone, keeps me busy , its very fun challenging with my co-workers. I enjoy speaking with clients and helping with them to reach their goals
Very fast paced & detail oriented
Inbound Collections / Customer Service (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONApril 2, 2012
Pros: teamwork, professional, fast paced, educating
Cons: department was disintegrated
I liked this position. Many people do not like collections. I enjoyed it because it gave me an opportunity to show the client that we could work out something that would work for them in their current financial situation. I enjoyed being able to explain to clients what they needed clarified and felt like I was easing their stress levels and that I was proving to them that not all collection agents are nasty.

Some clients were harder to explain things to than others, so patience was a real virtue here, as was having the ability to speak clearly and in a manner that they could understand their situation, the affects that it was having on their credit, and giving them options that they could work with financially.
It was a really amazing place to work.
Customer Service Representative & Data Entry (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 6, 2012
Pros: gained good friends.
Cons: handling with deceased accounts.
A typical day at work would include the following
- Taking in-bound calls and out-bound calls if needed
- Managing customer account
- Investigating on fraudulent accounts
- Obtaining information through different sources like Trans-Union
- Authenticating the customers
- Giving customer information on their account
I have learned allot about the credit and banking industry. In this job I gained so much friends through all my co-workers. My co-workers helped me when I needed help and I helped them when they needed help.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with deceased accounts because it is so sad to close off account of deceased customers when one of their family is on the line.
The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting and learning about the credit and banking industry.
Very good overall
Collections Officer (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 20, 2014
Many rewards offered for good achievements .
Great benefits and good salary.
Headquarters