Capital One Employee Reviews

Collections agent
Account and Risk Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2017
The senior staff and coworkers at Capital One were like a second family to me. I have learned a ton during my time there. It was unfortunate that, after many years, I realized that consumer finance wasn't a suitable career field which made me leave the industry as a whole.

If consumer finance was my field, i would have definitely remained in the company longer.
Pros
Benefits, compensation, company events and perks, great coworkers
Great work life balance
Associate, Process Manager (Former Employee) –  North York, ON28 January 2017
Room for advancement, great benefits and co workers, lots of fun events to attend and community involvement. Learned a lot
There is a lot of computation to gain bones and benefits in work.
Fraud Agent (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC31 January 2016
i learned a lot about fraud in banking credit cards , and how to discover when i face any case is fraud or not and how to prevent fraud to be done, and how to advice people to save themselves from fraud .
management was very good management in everything from benefits , supporting employs to improve themselves , encourage employs by doing computation to gain more benefits .
All the colleges were very helpful and all the managers as well.
computation is the most enjoyable part of the job
Fun Work Place
Lost Mitigation Front Line Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2017
It is a fun and friendly place to work, very family oriented place and would make your work life balance easy. Training was always available and everyone is always willing to help out
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
No Cons
Business Process Associate
Business Process Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 November 2016
 Assisted in training and introducing new products and programs to new and existing staff members
 Met with clients face-to-face on a regular basis to introduce new products and collect product requirements
 Build strong relationships with new and existing clients to ensure repeat business.
 Research and interpret current and future processes and techniques and industry best practices to improve revenues and efficiency, resulting in over $500,000 of annual revenues.
horrible place to work
Customer Service Associate Tier 1 and 2 Support (Former Employee) –  603 milner ave24 March 2017
not a good place to work for any single mothers or any mothers with no family support. the management at this company is worse i have ever experienced. benefits are great salary is alright, but the most stressfull and disorganized company.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
only care about the company
Good team work.
Bilingual Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 March 2017
Teams are well organized with frequent meetings and one on one every week. Team leaders are helpful and coaching is done in a respectful manner. The connection between the higher up and the employee's needs improvement.
Productivity workspace
SR op coordinator (level) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2017
Capital one is a diverse company that fully dedicates and follows its company motto with being the consumers bank,and always finding ways to help it's customers.
More focus on mental health
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON28 December 2016
They need to be less robotic and wok on their people skills. I wanted to learn but they were always in a stressed team building which had no flow. I wish them all the best
Pros
Nice people
Cons
not nice people
work life balance
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 December 2016
A typical day at work will be answering incoming calls. Capital one is a great place to work with a work and life balance. Co-workers are all friendly but not much time to interact with them because of the calls coming in.
subjective
Business Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 October 2016
The organization has good,friendly and developing environment. Every day you get new challenge. Every day you get something new to learn. Personally, I think if you continue doing your work well and continue to update your knowledge in your domain, then you will experience a lot of growth
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
work gets monotonous
it was fun to work with them
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON22 February 2017
it was a good job, i learned new things,like mixer machine operation.made new friends,i had a fun and enjoyable expierience
Fun and Loving workplace
Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2017
Lovely place to work. Company Cultuure is so awesome that you dont feel like any burden or stress while working. They really take care of their employees.
Great Company
Customer Experience Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 January 2016
Capital one has one of the best job environments I ever experienced. The salary is a little bit above average but its benefits and insurance are really good.
Pros
benefits, environment
Cons
As per customer service, the job is very repetitive.
routine-like job with very basic sales objectives with good amenities in the office area
Customer service reprensentative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 June 2016
I have enjoyed working there. The tarining was well designed to help us complete our daily tasks. The work space itself was welcoming and the amenities were good. We gad a ping-pong table, a froozeball table and a large cafeteria. My typical day at work involved receiving calls from existing capital one customers and assisting them with any questions they may have about the product.
Managing my schedule, such as my breaks and meeting weekly objectives was an imperative part of my job. Therefore, self-managing was a reality. Then the management team was there to guide us and help us meet the company objectives by setting up one-on-one meeting and job shadowing sessions. My coworkers were wonderful, we always helped each other out either with call handling tips or shift trades and more. The hardest part of the job was dealing with irrate customers. It requires lots of patience, which is something that comes naturally with time. The most fun part of the job was definetly the team work, gievn the fact that we all worked at close proximity with our colleagues, allowing for a good social dynamic to build up.
Pros
work setting
Cons
irrate customers
Great
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 July 2016
Day stars with a good atmosphere. Learned a lot and shared my knowledge with others. Excellent management and co-workers
Productive and Fun work environment
FINANCIAL ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Canada30 July 2015
Great place to work with supportive staff and management. A place where one can grow if you're willing to put in the time.
Pros
Great recognition program and competitive salary
Cons
More team building needed.
productive and fun work place with different different event celebration
Mailroom data entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON18 May 2016
I learned over there very good team work, good management and co-workers are very help full in the company they are celebrate different different days like mothers day, ester days that movement alive.
N/A
IT Manager, Business Systems Analyst Sr (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 March 2015
Pros:
Good company to work
Great benefits and compensations packages
Flexible schedule

Cons:
A lot of politics in terms of career growth
If you aren't part of the "click", tough time fitting in
great place to work
Collector (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 April 2016
have amazing and helpful co-wokers, getting long hours, enjoyable place, i have learned at work, hardest part is dealing with customers