Capital One Employee Reviews

fun atmosphere
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  North York, ON19 September 2017
I enjoyed my time working for capital one. very secure facility and the company respectfully and constantly endured the security and well being of their clients and employees.
Great work life balance and collaborative culture
Sr. Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2017
Fun: board games, foosball, ping pong, fun days
Great work life balance
Collaborative culture
Friendly people
Not all job families treated the same
Not a great place for career advancement
Great Job
Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON8 September 2017
I had a great time working for CAP 1 Auto Finance
Learned much about the financial world with their training i had to go thru. I enjoyed communicating with customers being able to help.
Fun and exciting place to work
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON30 August 2017
A typical day at work. I arrive about 10-15 minutes before the start of my shift. Within that time I would begin to start up my workstation and begin checking emails, while conversing with the people sitting next to me to get an idea of the work flow such as, what is driving the calls and if there are any updates based on our policies or systems. What I learned from this job is patience, I also learned it is always best to double check/confirm tasks customers want me to accomplish, in order to avoid errors resulting in a negative experience for the customer and the company. The hardest part of the job is dealing with customers who believe you are not trying to help them, when in fact I will present them with numerous options to show there is a willingness on my part to resolve their issue. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you meet and interact with at work. There we really were a family and everyone supported each other.
Pros
once you work there you become part of the family, everyone truly cares for each other, everyone is positive for the most part
Cons
not much flexibility in terms of schedule, not much room to grow in the company
Average company with above average incentives
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 August 2017
Capital One invests in it's employees, there's no doubt about that. On paper, everything is awesome. Unfortunately, senior leadership (director +) is highly disconnected with the values and overall mission of the company. There are silent wars that take place between leaders which causes discord among staff. Some days, it's a honour to work for a company with such pure values. Other days, it's stressful and volatile.
Pros
Renumeration, Growth Opportunities, Mission & Values
Cons
Dishonest leadership, vulnerabilities in SLT
better service and wuality wise then sykes
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB27 July 2017
everyday you serve the customers at the best of your knowledge by taking the time to resolve the problem, to make a connection and actively listen the main reason customer called. since the company that hired me is the 3rd party of capital one, management is the same then the previous calling center, hardest part of the job is actually trying to help the customer when both you and the customer know that nothing can be done due to company policies and procedures. But the best pasrt is the social side of it, when you get a minute or two, get the chance to connect and have a few discussions with your pairs, most awesome great people to work with when you need answer to any kind of issue, there is always someone there to give you a hand or help when needed.
Pros
social make get up in the morning to go work
Cons
wage to low, too many long hours
Good place to get experience
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2017
Amazing on benefits, salary and work/life balance. However, terrible on job security and advancement. Also, mid-management is terrible lifers that have zero knowledge of strategy and implementing new processes.
Fun Place to work
Manager Third Party Relationship Management (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 June 2017
Great place to work. Lots of smart young people. Fun days every quarter to keep morale up. Lots of interesting projects to work on. Company takes development of its employees seriously.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
High turnover in some departments
productive , fun great place t work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB28 May 2017
typical day at work , we would sign into the system and starting receiving calls this was an everyday t hing ,

I learned a lot of ocustomer service I also learned a lot in the applications deparment , I enjoyed doing applications for clients that ddint know how to do it on line . it was a great achievement and rewarding.
the work place was fun always positive
the hardest part of the job was when people calling you for customer service and they were rude and thought they were right even though theyw ent over there limit on their credit card and we coudlnt do anything. so they got angry , that was hardest thing that you coudlnt help and they yelled at you for it.
most enjoyable part of the job was being around good enviorment good people and just enjoyed my job.
Worst place
Inbound Credit Card Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 May 2017
Too much politics, management is very unprofessional. Job is monotonous. If you have a family, they don't care and will give you ridiculously late shifts.
Pros
Cons
everything
Fast paced environment
Inbound Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON9 May 2017
Not a bad place to work overall, fairly fast paced, great support when you are new. the harderst part of the job is dealing with difficult customers screamig in your ear.
Pros
incentives
Cons
little overtime
Very good place to work
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 May 2017
Capital one offers many benefits. Management is good and they make it a comfortable place to work. the salary is also good compared to similar positions.
Good job, low pay
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON1 May 2017
Steady jobs entry level with lots of hours, little room for growth in such a large call centre. pay lacking and commission structure feels limited to seriously consider staying past years.
Fun workplace
Credit Bureau Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 April 2017
Management is great and look for better procedures. There are a lot of team building games and meetings. I have learned a lot about credit and credit bureaus.
not having consistant hours
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Moncton Area, NB18 April 2017
just prefered something with a more set schedule. I am a mom of a younger child and would have liked something better than a shift bid to rely on. Other than that I loved the job. It was a great atmosphere just not right for me on the time schedule
excellent
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 April 2017
lots of learning opportunity in understanding the complex cases , friendly staff and the cooperative environment to grow in equal opportunity environment .
horrible place to work
Customer Service Associate Tier 1 and 2 Support (Former Employee) –  603 milner ave24 March 2017
not a good place to work for any single mothers or any mothers with no family support. the management at this company is worse i have ever experienced. benefits are great salary is alright, but the most stressfull and disorganized company.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
only care about the company
Good team work.
Bilingual Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 March 2017
Teams are well organized with frequent meetings and one on one every week. Team leaders are helpful and coaching is done in a respectful manner. The connection between the higher up and the employee's needs improvement.
it was fun to work with them
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON22 February 2017
it was a good job, i learned new things,like mixer machine operation.made new friends,i had a fun and enjoyable expierience
Productivity workspace
SR op coordinator (level) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2017
Capital one is a diverse company that fully dedicates and follows its company motto with being the consumers bank,and always finding ways to help it's customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capital One. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval