Capital One Employee Reviews

I love the work culture of the company
IT Engineer and Product Controller (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 October 2017
Like every company capital one has the pros and cons .Capitoline is a company that gives you various opportunity, space to grow and time to learn and help you to grow your career.
The management could be better than it is.
Great Place to Work
Department Operations Manager, Costco Partnership (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 October 2017
Great place to work. Well managed and filled with people who really care about doing a good job. They invest in the training and development of their people and they pay well.
Fun work environment
Risk Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON4 October 2017
Work peers are great fun work environment. Learn collaboration skills, team working environment, independent work and thinking quickly on your feet....
Little regard for their employees
Inbound Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 September 2017
This company is all about their "business needs". They have very little regard for their employees and there is very little room for growth. If hired through third party then your even more at the bottom of the hierarchy, and any little disruption in your life could cost you your job. If your looking for a career don't waste your time, as you can be easily replaced. This is just another job.
Pros
long hours of work
Cons
many of the managers don't know much about the business bc of constant change
limited
Senior Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 September 2017
limited job advancement in mtl . the salary isnt great . the benefit is good at least. they move to parkex for cheaper location which is not convenient.
fun atmosphere
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  North York, ON19 September 2017
I enjoyed my time working for capital one. very secure facility and the company respectfully and constantly endured the security and well being of their clients and employees.
Great work life balance and collaborative culture
Sr. Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2017
Fun: board games, foosball, ping pong, fun days
Great work life balance
Collaborative culture
Friendly people
Not all job families treated the same
Not a great place for career advancement
Great Job
Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON8 September 2017
I had a great time working for CAP 1 Auto Finance
Learned much about the financial world with their training i had to go thru. I enjoyed communicating with customers being able to help.
Fun and exciting place to work
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON30 August 2017
A typical day at work. I arrive about 10-15 minutes before the start of my shift. Within that time I would begin to start up my workstation and begin checking emails, while conversing with the people sitting next to me to get an idea of the work flow such as, what is driving the calls and if there are any updates based on our policies or systems. What I learned from this job is patience, I also learned it is always best to double check/confirm tasks customers want me to accomplish, in order to avoid errors resulting in a negative experience for the customer and the company. The hardest part of the job is dealing with customers who believe you are not trying to help them, when in fact I will present them with numerous options to show there is a willingness on my part to resolve their issue. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you meet and interact with at work. There we really were a family and everyone supported each other.
Pros
once you work there you become part of the family, everyone truly cares for each other, everyone is positive for the most part
Cons
not much flexibility in terms of schedule, not much room to grow in the company
Ok
Sr Coordinator judgmental decisioning (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 August 2017
more to offer on site than just the spaces for work and breaks! CAPITAL ONE has many resources on site for your convenience, for well being , for maturiy
Average company with above average incentives
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 August 2017
Capital One invests in it's employees, there's no doubt about that. On paper, everything is awesome. Unfortunately, senior leadership (director +) is highly disconnected with the values and overall mission of the company. There are silent wars that take place between leaders which causes discord among staff. Some days, it's a honour to work for a company with such pure values. Other days, it's stressful and volatile.
Pros
Renumeration, Growth Opportunities, Mission & Values
Cons
Dishonest leadership, vulnerabilities in SLT
better service and wuality wise then sykes
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB27 July 2017
everyday you serve the customers at the best of your knowledge by taking the time to resolve the problem, to make a connection and actively listen the main reason customer called. since the company that hired me is the 3rd party of capital one, management is the same then the previous calling center, hardest part of the job is actually trying to help the customer when both you and the customer know that nothing can be done due to company policies and procedures. But the best pasrt is the social side of it, when you get a minute or two, get the chance to connect and have a few discussions with your pairs, most awesome great people to work with when you need answer to any kind of issue, there is always someone there to give you a hand or help when needed.
Pros
social make get up in the morning to go work
Cons
wage to low, too many long hours
Good place to get experience
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2017
Amazing on benefits, salary and work/life balance. However, terrible on job security and advancement. Also, mid-management is terrible lifers that have zero knowledge of strategy and implementing new processes.
no longer open
Team Leader/ Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB4 July 2017
this job is no longer available as the company failed and closed down. Due to miss management and high price of products and little demand in the area
Fun Place to work
Manager Third Party Relationship Management (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 June 2017
Great place to work. Lots of smart young people. Fun days every quarter to keep morale up. Lots of interesting projects to work on. Company takes development of its employees seriously.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
High turnover in some departments
productive , fun great place t work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB28 May 2017
typical day at work , we would sign into the system and starting receiving calls this was an everyday t hing ,

I learned a lot of ocustomer service I also learned a lot in the applications deparment , I enjoyed doing applications for clients that ddint know how to do it on line . it was a great achievement and rewarding.
the work place was fun always positive
the hardest part of the job was when people calling you for customer service and they were rude and thought they were right even though theyw ent over there limit on their credit card and we coudlnt do anything. so they got angry , that was hardest thing that you coudlnt help and they yelled at you for it.
most enjoyable part of the job was being around good enviorment good people and just enjoyed my job.
Worst place
Inbound Credit Card Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 May 2017
Too much politics, management is very unprofessional. Job is monotonous. If you have a family, they don't care and will give you ridiculously late shifts.
Pros
Cons
everything
Fast paced environment
Inbound Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON9 May 2017
Not a bad place to work overall, fairly fast paced, great support when you are new. the harderst part of the job is dealing with difficult customers screamig in your ear.
Pros
incentives
Cons
little overtime
Very good place to work
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 May 2017
Capital one offers many benefits. Management is good and they make it a comfortable place to work. the salary is also good compared to similar positions.
Good job, low pay
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON1 May 2017
Steady jobs entry level with lots of hours, little room for growth in such a large call centre. pay lacking and commission structure feels limited to seriously consider staying past years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capital One. Our community is ready to answer.