Capital One
1,419 reviews

Capital One Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Customer Service (Former Employee), st.catharinesJuly 27, 2014
Intersting especially calling customers that do not want to be ccontacted
very good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJuly 26, 2014
I enjoyed my work at capital one. because I like to work with people. staff at that time was so cooperative to me.
Very good overall
Collections Officer (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 20, 2014
Many rewards offered for good achievements .
Great benefits and good salary.
Pretty Good Company
Call Center Relation Specialist (Former Employee), Laurel, MDJune 29, 2014
Overall the company is a good place to work. There a plenty of family oriented events and great incentives for the employees. The only problem I've had working there is the contact center your more of a number than an employee so although you can be recognized everything is completely based on the numbers you receive. Also they offer shift bids which – more... don't work out well when it comes to having younger children. – less
Data Entry and Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 15, 2014
Productive company. Hard workers, Large client base, Friendly co-workers.
Analyst
Data Analyst (Former Employee), lots of opportunitiesApril 23, 2014
Pros: lots of opportunities; very stable; multi-cultural working environment
Cons: lots of opportunities; very stable; multi-cultural working environment
lots of opportunities; very stable; multi-cultural working environment
NCO Financial Service Capital One Bank
Fraud Agent (Former Employee), MontrealApril 18, 2014
Capital One Bank was a Very Professional Environment, Dealing with Customers Open Credit Card Account, Taking care of Customers Fraud charges that appears on there Card.
one of the better jobs out there
Loss Mitigation Officer Late Stage Collections (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: competitions and bonuses
Cons: constantly changing requirements for bonuses to be awarded
Highly competitive environment
Capital One auto finance at Allied international Credit is housed in a facility that has an onsite gym as well as newly added recreation room and prayer room. The work is repetitive and intense but in a call center environment a certain level of urgency is expected. Moving up in the job can become difficult due to the – more... high turnover from stress involved and staying long enough to take advantage of those opportunities can be an issue. This job is not for all types of people. Renovations are making the workplace a better place to be in. – less
Experience Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee), TorontoDecember 3, 2013
I was hired as a contract recruitment coordinator to Support both professional and Campus recruitment initiatives.
Fun, exciting, Productive
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 22, 2013
Pros: positive atmosphere
Exciting, good learning process
Learned good Management skill, good time management skills
Management was extremely dynamic and good atmosphere
Hardest part was complicated business rules and procedures
Most enjoyable part of the job was good team, who were always encouraging, guiding and enthusiastic. Learned lot of testing techniques which helped – more... me grow as a tester. – less
Employees are general smart and great team players
Process Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 24, 2013
Pros: work / life balance
Cons: lack strong senior management / leadership
Fun place to work with a lot of younger employees when compared to a typical bank.
• Around 6 years of experience in Software Development Life Cycle with emphasis on Quality Assurance. • Experience in System Specification Analysis, T
QA Automation Analyst (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 1, 2013
• Worked closely with clients in gathering and reviewing the business requirements for each Sprint/Release.
• Understood SRS and kept track of the new requirements/change in requirements of the project.
• Coordinated with project manager and development team to formulate test strategy, scope of test effort, test resources required, and test-release – more... schedules.
• Performed and planed functional, regression testing, integration testing, system compatibility testing, and User Acceptance Testing.
• Involved in generating test plan, test cases using HP Quality Center.
• Wrote SQL queries to test the oracle database and validate the data integrity.
• Performed regression testing to ensure no new bugs exist due to modifications using Quick Test Professional.
• Created Automated Data Driven test scripts using QTP Scripts for performing highly efficient regression test cycles that can perform XML String comparison to differentiate between expected and actual results.
• Created VB scripts in QTP to connect to various reference databases in Oracle host servers using embedded SQL statements.
• Created VUser Scripts for Performance and Stress testing using LoadRunner.
• Created Scenarios to simulate load and stress testing for multiple Vusers for various Enterprise services and systems.
• Generated Reports, Graphs, Summary data, and Collating execution results to help analyze the performance of the systems using Load Runner Analysis.
• Developed Test scripts using Load Runner by recording test cases and enhanced scripts by adding checkpoints, parameterization and correlation.
• Performed Cross browser testing is used on Internet explorer and Netscape navigator for browser compatibility.
• Participated in Release Review/Requirement Analysis and Design review meetings.
• Experienced in testing configuration and customization like fields, page layouts, users, role hierarchy. – less
QA Automation Analyst (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 10, 2013
• Involved in generating test plan, test cases using HP Quality Center.
• Created VUser Scripts for Performance and Stress testing using LoadRunner.
Great workplace that encourages innovation and productivity with great culture
Junior Statistician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 4, 2013
Pros: free food and good environment
Cons: confusing office layout and bad naming system (from projects to meeting rooms)
The culture is great at Capital One (Canada Branch). Everyone is very friendly and willing to help. The lack of formal wear and the humorous environment makes you look forward to looking towards work everyday.

The work is interesting as well. New methods are always explored to attempt to create a better model. The company holds Research and Development – more... sessions to give people a chance to explore the unknown. – less
First experience!
Collector, NCO Financial Services (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 12, 2012
This was my first job experience here in Montreal and it was quite the challenge. It was collection and our clients were delinquent Capital One Hispanic customers.
Pleasant environment: Nice cafeteria, very casual dress code, ping pong tables...
Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 5, 2012
- No Transparency
- No willingness to make decisions
- Bias for action environment with low emphasis on planning and execution
Fun workplace
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 13, 2012
The typical day at work is when i have to handle with the customer, where i have to pronouce their names correct, and handle with a bad customers with attitude. Cant show customers our mood swings and stressing.

What i have learned is to control with customers, how to take a proper call, challenge the customers and with my co-workers. I love to challenge. – more... I love all my co-workers because we all got good team player, we always help each other, solve problems when we all need help and ask our supervisor for good answer when customers ask us when we dont know what good answers to get, thats how i get alot of experience.

To be honest the hard part of the job is customers, when i get rude customer when they get so mad and starts yelling, swearing and gives us the big stress where we gotta handle myself. But that gave me the good experience. Hard part is keeping everyone happy.

Management, its a good place to work, everyone at work is easy to get along with including management, they help you when we need help and not sure of or aware of what i am doin. Comfortable place to work.

Enjoyable, fun, very busy with clients, the time flies fast, the managment and my team, always on the phone, keeps me busy , its very fun challenging with my co-workers. I enjoy speaking with clients and helping with them to reach their goals – less
bank
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 20, 2012
CapitalOne is a large financial institution with strong traditions and intellectual environment
It was a really amazing place to work.
Customer Service Representative & Data Entry (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 6, 2012
Pros: gained good friends.
Cons: handling with deceased accounts.
A typical day at work would include the following
- Taking in-bound calls and out-bound calls if needed
- Managing customer account
- Investigating on fraudulent accounts
- Obtaining information through different sources like Trans-Union
- Authenticating the customers
- Giving customer information on their account
I have learned allot about the credit – more... and banking industry. In this job I gained so much friends through all my co-workers. My co-workers helped me when I needed help and I helped them when they needed help.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with deceased accounts because it is so sad to close off account of deceased customers when one of their family is on the line.
The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting and learning about the credit and banking industry. – less
The people are great there! The place is too dust…not recommended for allergy suffers.
Temp CSR (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 4, 2012
Pros: always an activity
Cons: messed up hours
Go to work greeted by friendly faces. They enjoy your company because you actually talk to them. Come in sit down and set up you workstation and have all your applications ready for your first call and the ones after. Break/Lunch/Break…look forward to those especially if you just dealt with an irate customer. Shift done…say good night to every one you – more... know, if they are there. Go home.
Was transfered to the Fraud dept and your thinking skills are utilized big time. You are also make big decisions so it expand your abilities and skills.
I prefer to not comment on management, other than some were good (FD) and others were not. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Capital One

Capital One isn't just concerned with what's in your wallet; it's interested in your bank account as well. The company is best – Read more