Capital District Health Authority

Capital District Health Authority Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Wonderful, very friendly and resourceful team
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Halifax, NSMay 2, 2014
Working for Capital Health in Victoria General Hospital was a great experience for me. It was both very challenging and rewarding to work with Capital Health. It was challenging because of the lack of resources, yet rewarding because of the excellent and knowledgeable staff that continuously helped each and supported each other in order to survive a – more... day of work.
My typical day of work starts with assessment of my patients, caring out nursing procedures, communicating with other members of multidisciplinary team and advocating for my patients.
Working as a Registered Nurse is continuous learning process to be able to provide the best and safe care to the patients.
The hardest part of my work is to provide the best care while working with limited nursing staff.
Rewarding part of my work is when, going home after my shift is finished, knowing that I did everything I could to help my patients to go through their ordeal and they appreciated my work. – less
hard work but satisfying
RN (Current Employee), Halifac N.S. Dartmouth General EmergencyOctober 31, 2013
Pros: job satisfaction
Cons: very busy
I enjoyed the autonomy given to nurses working in a busy emergency department. It was fast paced but a very satisfying job, being able to help those in need. Opportunities for advancement as well as educational opportunities.
Great atmosphere
Care Team Assistant (Current Employee), Dartmouth, NSNovember 30, 2012
Typical work day included interaction with patients and staff, getting to know patients.
A place where we help people regain their independence.
CLERK B - ORTHOTICS/PROSTHETICS (Current Employee), Halifax, NSAugust 28, 2012
A typical day at work for me is greeting patients that come in, registering them, booking appointments and answering phones. I work with wonderful people dedicated to helping our patients. The hardest part of the job is when we are short staffed and the most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet a lot of different people with different abilities/disabilities – more... and how they are overcoming them. – less