Capital District Health Authority

Capital District Health Authority Employee Review

View all Capital District Health Authority reviews

Wonderful, very friendly and resourceful team
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS2 May 2014
Working for Capital Health in Victoria General Hospital was a great experience for me. It was both very challenging and rewarding to work with Capital Health. It was challenging because of the lack of resources, yet rewarding because of the excellent and knowledgeable staff that continuously helped each and supported each other in order to survive a day of work.
My typical day of work starts with assessment of my patients, caring out nursing procedures, communicating with other members of multidisciplinary team and advocating for my patients.
Working as a Registered Nurse is continuous learning process to be able to provide the best and safe care to the patients.
The hardest part of my work is to provide the best care while working with limited nursing staff.
Rewarding part of my work is when, going home after my shift is finished, knowing that I did everything I could to help my patients to go through their ordeal and they appreciated my work.

Other Capital District Health Authority Employee Reviews

Capital health was an excellent experience learned different skills at the rehab and also camphill
LPN (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS8 November 2017
I have had a back injury and had surgery . This is the reason I left camphill
I then went to work in the colleges to teach what I knew from my experiences etc
I then took a footcare course which I have been working at on my own
I have been laid off from Success College in June due to lack of work
Pros
Excellent job Excellent learning experience
Cons
Not always stable due to work is guaranteed only by student intake
hard work but a good team to help
Caregiver,Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS25 October 2017
My typical day was getting my clients up and feeding client who could not feed themselves. Toileting clients, making beds and tidying rooms.then repeat all at least four times a day.
Pros
great team
Cons
horrible management