Capital District Health Authority

Capital District Health Authority Employee Reviews

Safety Advisor with 25 yrs
NA (Former Employee) –  Alberta6 November 2016
Seriously whoever posted an ad looking for a Safety Advisor with 25 yrs experience, and offering $30-$31/hr is a joke. At minimum $75-$125/hr.

Wants a fully degree individual with a quarter century of experience. I've only got 12 years experience but I would never work for less than $65/hr+++.
Pros
Under appreciated
Cons
Pay is a joke
Missed Capital Health
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS1 November 2016
Moving to Ontario has allowed me to reach out to many patient populations. However, I miss the East Coast. I miss the passion. I miss the patient population. I cannot wait to return.
Great work environment!
Medical Administative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS19 July 2016
During my short time at Capital Health Authority/Victoria General Site, I was trained by very knowledgeable staff to a degree where I could complete tasks on my own even though I was just a student. I was only there for a month doing my work term, but I enjoyed the time with administrative staff, nurses and surgeons. They were all very open to "showing me the ropes." My time there was informative, enjoyable and eye-opening.
Pros
I hour lunch break, close to city transit and close to city centre.
Cons
Parking wasn't available most times.
Family orientated enciroment, enjlyed working with people whe help each other.
Licenced Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS8 January 2016
Worked on a very fact paced unit with many things happening at the same time. This unit worked as a team. It felt.like a family working together. During codes emergency situations everyone worked together and supported each other,
Great Job - Poor Supervisor
Medical Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  CDHA, NS3 June 2015
Always very busy,but satisfying employment
Need to stay focused and be aware of your surroundings, especially when working on patient floors.
A few great co workers who would bend over backwards to help you ,but many more who would sell you out for a dime.
A tremendous amount of "favoritism" in the workplace. How far you advanced in your position mattered mainly on how great your friendship was with the Supervisor. So not much room for advancement unless your someones cousin or best friend.
Women in management roles are "Catty" having an instant dislike for other women under their supervision.
The hardest part of the job was time limitations. The best part of the job was working and interacting with the patients.
Pros
Patient Interaction and Job
Cons
Unprofessional Supervisors and favourtism
Wonderful, very friendly and resourceful team
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS2 May 2014
Working for Capital Health in Victoria General Hospital was a great experience for me. It was both very challenging and rewarding to work with Capital Health. It was challenging because of the lack of resources, yet rewarding because of the excellent and knowledgeable staff that continuously helped each and supported each other in order to survive a day of work.
My typical day of work starts with assessment of my patients, caring out nursing procedures, communicating with other members of multidisciplinary team and advocating for my patients.
Working as a Registered Nurse is continuous learning process to be able to provide the best and safe care to the patients.
The hardest part of my work is to provide the best care while working with limited nursing staff.
Rewarding part of my work is when, going home after my shift is finished, knowing that I did everything I could to help my patients to go through their ordeal and they appreciated my work.
hard work but satisfying
RN (Current Employee) –  Halifac N.S. Dartmouth General Emergency31 October 2013
I enjoyed the autonomy given to nurses working in a busy emergency department. It was fast paced but a very satisfying job, being able to help those in need. Opportunities for advancement as well as educational opportunities.
Pros
job satisfaction
Cons
very busy
excellant work place
Supervisor of Warehousing Operations (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS16 December 2012
excellant management good work enviroment mon to fri, good co-workers learned about medical industry hardest part finding reliable casual relief workers. best part of the day was hearing from nurse managers on the on time delivery of their medical supplies.
Great atmosphere
Care Team Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS30 November 2012
Typical work day included interaction with patients and staff, getting to know patients.
A place where we help people regain their independence.
CLERK B - ORTHOTICS/PROSTHETICS (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS28 August 2012
A typical day at work for me is greeting patients that come in, registering them, booking appointments and answering phones. I work with wonderful people dedicated to helping our patients. The hardest part of the job is when we are short staffed and the most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet a lot of different people with different abilities/disabilities and how they are overcoming them.

Capital District Health Authority Reviews by Location