Capita Resourcing

Capita Resourcing Employee Reviews

Good flexibility
Learner Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  WalesMay 9, 2016
I have never been without work whilst working with Capita Education Resourcing. The pay is pretty reasonable however, you have to register with an umbrella company and as such, they take a cut of your pay each week for no apparent reason!
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Umbrella companies
Productive and fun workplace.
Teaching Assistant and Intervention tutor (Current Employee) –  CardiffFebruary 29, 2016
On a daily basis I'm fortunate enough to teach and develop young children in a variety of subjects This gives me a great sense of achievement and fulfillment. teach small intervention groups for Year 3 pupils with learning difficulties, which involves developing their numeracy and literacy skills. I have weekly targets for pupils assigned to me in their individual education plan.It's my job to utilize time management to push children to excel and be the best they can be.
Great for short term option only
officer (Former Employee) –  ENGDecember 9, 2015
Great for a 6 week contract but was told it would be 3 months
Sent me out to Interview at the Hospital but their local office had closed down the following day - hence no feedback hence no data refs or contact as their staffs had all left. The parent company was Capita but they have no record of my contract or my hard to find references that were so important at the time.
Pros
Nice Team
Cons
they lost my Data and References
Many pros and cons
Secondary teacher (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, ENGSeptember 3, 2015
Fantastic, friendly staff. I wouldn't work for another teaching agency, yet the pay rate has plummeted since the onset of the recession. Furthermore, there are 'quiet' periods at the start and finish of the academic year, meaning that many of us doing supply work have to be hideously parsimonious... and holidays are out of th question. I love working for the staff, although it is annoying on the occasions when you get up at the crack of dawn... and no phonecall arrives.
Pros
Travel is reimbursed.
Cons
Very long days as I have no car. And not pensionable!
Supply Teacher Agency
Supply Teacher (Former Employee) –  Manchester, ENGAugust 29, 2015
Well-established company / The company works very well to provide you with work-placements / Generous pay / Very friendly and easy-going
Pros
Generous pay
Cons
No permanent contract, but long placements are possible
Adaptability is key!
Cover supervisor/teaching assistant (Current Employee) –  SouthamptonJuly 5, 2015
A "typical day" is a difficult one to summarise as it can involve working in a variety of different schools, with a plethora of different members of staff with ages ranging from early years right up to post 16. I am someone that likes to work and likes a challenge so I don't often say no to an assignment. I feel fortunate to have been involved in working in so many school categories because it does broaden your horizon and gives you a vast and diverse range of experience - not to mention how good it makes you look as an individual, it puts you in a good position to get a job in just about any school you want (providing you have relevant qualifications of course).

The ability to be flexible and adaptable is a very handy trait to have as you may often get a phone call at 8am asking if you can arrive at a school by 8.30am, this can be frustrating at times but it is something that I would recommend being adaptable towards, eventually, you get used to it.
Cons
poor lack of communication between consultants
Depressing work atmosphere
sales reviewer (Former Employee) –  GlasgowMarch 10, 2015
No training or assistance from management. left to learn on your own but pushed for targets. No communication. It was like being in a concentration camp.
Pros
free tea and coffee
Cons
no communication or training
Awful.
call centre (Former Employee) –  North WestFebruary 20, 2015
A typical day of work that consist's of hard effort, with unrealistic target driven environments and you still get the managers who are only driven by numbers and to which do not understand or care about anything that could have been taken into account as the targets always seem to be over the human standards (trying to get blood out of a stone). Management is terrible, everything changes and nobody seems to know what they are doing as they do not get the right staff with the appropriate skills to manage. They also do not make their staff feel very valuable to the company, they are just a number and if you don't meet standards then they just blame you, despite no adequate training that they demand.
Pros
people who are there understand the nature of the unrealistic targets
Cons
management, training
professional and presured
supply cover teacher (Former Employee) –  various schools around North East englandFebruary 18, 2015
Typically required flexablity, a thick skin, quick thinking to communicate and connect with puplils to achive targets. I learned valuable teaching skils whilst being firm and aprochable. The management was helpful and suportive. The hardest part of the job was once good relatioships were made in schools with co staff and puplils I would get a new assigment often due to supply funding running out and start all over again. Fab way to meet new people and see how differnet methords of school management and working philosophies affects outcomes. Over all a good job with good rates of pay.
Pros
travel costs were paid and was paid weekly
Cons
short notice 'on call ' nature of job
Performance Manager (Current Employee) –  BirminghamFebruary 10, 2015
Nothing bad to say at all. 4 great years. Flexible and honest. Good management. Good bunch of people. All around a good company.
Pros
good people
Cons
stringent policies
Detainee custody officer
Dco (Former Employee) –  GlasgowDecember 28, 2014
Long hours no finish time!
Management poor (jobs for the boys)
Staff back bite and not a good place to work
Will believe the detainees before you so you can be on the dole in a minute the investigation training is poor for managers .

Do not work in glasgow as a DCO
Pros
nil
Cons
poor managers long hours
Tv licensing enforcement officer
tv licensing enforcement officer (Former Employee) –  southOctober 3, 2014
Do not touch. Long unsociable hours to work with little support from management. After taking statements from people who are found to be using a tv without a licence the head office will try to find fault with the statement so they don't have to pay you and you fall below your target to get your monthly bonus but still
use the statement to take people to court for prosecution. Left on your own to knock on doors in rough areas. Avoid.
enjojable
Senior support worker (Former Employee) –  Wath upon Dearne, ENGAugust 23, 2014
enjoyed working for Capita but the hours I had at the time were only part time with no option for full time when I asked.
Its OK to work here. Day to day can be very boring as you find yourself not being pushed as much as you would like
Full Time FTC (Current Employee) –  UpavonMarch 19, 2014
Assessor
Assessor (Former Employee) –  SheffieldMarch 11, 2014
Typically, first checking through internal emails to see if there were any Council regulation updates (constantly changing - always in briefings) or any other changes regarding work.

Scanning through claims according to a plethora of Council legislation and rules, then assessing and [maybe] awarding Housing and Council Tax Benefits.

In our large open office the working atmosphere was terrible- many people even visiting the place mentioned ignorant staff, and there was a backstabbing climate, a culture of cliqueyness and being constantly watched by managers [who were some of the worst culprits] so as we didn't socialise with colleagues. That was frowned upon (by the floor manager in particular)- even if only to exchange pleasantries whilst fetching printwork.

Capita as an employer always pushed staff relentlessly to deliver both maximum productivity AND accuracy amidst the constant rule changes! Blood from a stone. Not to mention humiliating staff by asking them to ring claimants to say sorry for mistakes!

I disliked the office atmosphere intensely, and staff morale in general, due to the above and unreasonable demands regarding the actual claims, was very low.
Pros
flexitime
Cons
cliques, low pay, capitas ethic
Productive and fun workplace
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds, ENGDecember 24, 2013
This company is really good with giving employees jobs on daily basis. All information given on the phone when a job has been given to an employee. Must register !!!
Pros
accommodation paid, good salary pay
Cons
travelling long distances sometimes
Agency work
Supply worker (Current Employee) –  sheffieldNovember 11, 2013
During my time at capita I was sent to many different places to cover holidays or illness. I found that because I moved around a lot I had to develop my social skills as joining an established team and adapting to there procedures was one of the hardest parts of the job
Pros
great to work with children
Cons
not regular hours
Short-term contract
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Reading, ENGNovember 7, 2013
Booking in temporary placements - degree of accuracy involved.
An enjoyable yet challenging workplace
BENEFITS ASSESSOR (Current Employee) –  CarlisleOctober 21, 2013
I currently work for Capita as a Benefits Assessor. On a typical day at work I calculate customers benefit entitlements, process benefit claims and communicate with customers on a regular basis via e-mail and telephone. I utilise my skills to manage my own workload and to ensure that claims are dealt with to the highest standard within the given timescales.
I strive to further my skills on a daily basis and enjoy learning new things. I have learnt to deal with a variety of customer queries and complaints on a regular basis and how to work in a busy and demanding environment whilst achieving daily targets.
Capita is a friendly environment and I thoroughly enjoy working with and learning from my fellow co-workers and managers. However, I feel that I am not currently utilising my full range of skills or fulfilling my potential.
Pros
challenging
Cons
lack of career progression
Poor management, unappreciated staff
Administrator (Former Employee) –  LudlowJuly 30, 2013
Management were barely approachable, constantly on your back about time keeping (despite constantly good performance). Targets are unclear yet expected to be reached. High turnover of employees - many of which are very unhappy throughout their employment. Few stay more than a few months. Not recommended - unless you need the money!

2.5