Capita Resourcing

Capita Resourcing Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Its OK to work here. Day to day can be very boring as you find yourself not being pushed as much as you would like
Full Time FTC (Current Employee), UpavonMarch 19, 2014
Assessor
Assessor (Former Employee), SheffieldMarch 11, 2014
Pros: flexitime
Cons: cliques, low pay, capitas ethic
Typically, first checking through internal emails to see if there were any Council regulation updates (constantly changing - always in briefings) or any other changes regarding work.

Scanning through claims according to a plethora of Council legislation and rules, then assessing and [maybe] awarding Housing and Council Tax Benefits.

In our large open – more... office the working atmosphere was terrible- many people even visiting the place mentioned ignorant staff, and there was a backstabbing climate, a culture of cliqueyness and being constantly watched by managers [who were some of the worst culprits] so as we didn't socialise with colleagues. That was frowned upon (by the floor manager in particular)- even if only to exchange pleasantries whilst fetching printwork.

Capita as an employer always pushed staff relentlessly to deliver both maximum productivity AND accuracy amidst the constant rule changes! Blood from a stone. Not to mention humiliating staff by asking them to ring claimants to say sorry for mistakes!

I disliked the office atmosphere intensely, and staff morale in general, due to the above and unreasonable demands regarding the actual claims, was very low. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Leeds, ENGDecember 24, 2013
Pros: accommodation paid, good salary pay
Cons: travelling long distances sometimes
This company is really good with giving employees jobs on daily basis. All information given on the phone when a job has been given to an employee. Must register !!!
Agency work
Supply worker (Current Employee), sheffieldNovember 11, 2013
Pros: great to work with children
Cons: not regular hours
During my time at capita I was sent to many different places to cover holidays or illness. I found that because I moved around a lot I had to develop my social skills as joining an established team and adapting to there procedures was one of the hardest parts of the job
Short-term contract
Administrator (Former Employee), Reading, ENGNovember 7, 2013
Booking in temporary placements - degree of accuracy involved.
An enjoyable yet challenging workplace
BENEFITS ASSESSOR (Current Employee), CarlisleOctober 21, 2013
Pros: challenging
Cons: lack of career progression
I currently work for Capita as a Benefits Assessor. On a typical day at work I calculate customers benefit entitlements, process benefit claims and communicate with customers on a regular basis via e-mail and telephone. I utilise my skills to manage my own workload and to ensure that claims are dealt with to the highest standard within the given timescales.
I – more... strive to further my skills on a daily basis and enjoy learning new things. I have learnt to deal with a variety of customer queries and complaints on a regular basis and how to work in a busy and demanding environment whilst achieving daily targets.
Capita is a friendly environment and I thoroughly enjoy working with and learning from my fellow co-workers and managers. However, I feel that I am not currently utilising my full range of skills or fulfilling my potential. – less
Poor management, unappreciated staff
Administrator (Former Employee), LudlowJuly 30, 2013
Management were barely approachable, constantly on your back about time keeping (despite constantly good performance). Targets are unclear yet expected to be reached. High turnover of employees - many of which are very unhappy throughout their employment. Few stay more than a few months. Not recommended - unless you need the money!
Capita Education
Supply Teaching Assistant / Nursery Nurse (Current Employee), Newcastle upon TyneJune 22, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: not sure where my next placememt will be.
I have enjoyed working for Capita Education. Working for them gives me different options where I want my career to go. I work in Schools and in Nursery's and can adapt to different settings.
My representative at Capita is excellent. She is always bubbly and lively over the telephone and makes me feel welcome and gives good feedback.
Competitive, Productive and Vibrant Place to work
Further Education Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee), SheffieldMay 20, 2013
Each day can be different. I would arrive and go through emails to get back to all my clients and any candidates with queries, I would also be refreshing and adding new adverts on job boards. I would run through priorities with the Divisional Support team and we would all know who we are going to focus on clearing to get out for work. As the day goes – more... on I would continue to talk to candidates and clients in order to grow my desk and would try to find the best people available for the vacancies I have gained.
The team I work on is relatively small but we all help each other to be successful in our roles and we do have fun as well.
The hardest part of the job can be finding candidates available for very specific vacancies, however I would continue to search as a priority because the satisfaction you gain if you do manage to fill the position is second to none.
One of the most enjoyable parts of my job is again the satisfaction of finding work for that candidate you have been trying to gain work for which could have been for a long time, it is quite self-rewarding. – less
Would not recommend
Contact centre advisor (Former Employee), SwindonApril 10, 2013
Pros: free tea and coffee
Cons: general attitude to staff
Worked in a call centre. If you were a total of ONE MINUTE over on breaks over a week they pulled you up on it. Clipboard shoved under your face every week with their score of your performance, Supervisors telling you what you did wrong even though they did exactly the same thing. Training poor - quick, brief and then you were left to get on with it. – more... Training did not cover all the information you needed.
Got made redundant and then a month later they re-advertised for staff. Don't touch em with a barge pole!! – less
Proffesional and Friendly Company to work for
Supply Teaching?Nursery Assistant (Former Employee), LutonApril 10, 2013
Pros: local
Cons: not always guaranteed work from one week to the next - lack of job security
Regular communicationWworked in many educational establishments
Friendly Team of Consultants and Management
Gained a wealth of experience working in Nurseries and Schools
Sometimes sent on assignments of which you are not familiar with the area
Meeting and maintaining friendships with co-workers from placemnets
Great Experience
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Second floor FinanceApril 4, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: getting stuck in london due to trains
I was taken on as a temp in order to help the credit controllers. I ended up being there six months, I was taught new skills and treated like a permenant member of the team.

April 10, 2013

Worked in a call centre. If you were one minute a week back from breaks you were pulled up on it. Clipboard shoved under your face every week with their 'score' on your performance. Supervisors telling you what you did wrong, even though they were no different. Got made redundant - they scored me 2 out of 4 for attendance even though I'd never been late and had had no sick absence. A month later and they are advertising for call centre staff again......

Career Driven
Resourcing Business Executive (Current Employee), Sheffield + travelMarch 8, 2013
Pros: career driven company
Cons: long hours due to travel
On site resourcing, travel 2+ days per week.
Resourcing skills.
Most enjoyable part of my job, is advising Hiring managers on recruitment strategies, running assessment centres. Career development for internal staff and the flexibility to implement my own ideas.

About Capita Resourcing

London-based Capita Resourcing is part of the FTSE100 Capita Group Plc, a business process outsourcing (BPO) and professional – Read more