CAPILANO UNIVERSITY

CAPILANO UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Volunteer experience helping students develop a business plan
Mentor (Former Employee), north vancouverJanuary 22, 2014
Excellent experience reviewing the basis of a business plan on international markets while helping students find the tools to succeed
Fun atmosphere
Computer Support Analyst (Former Employee), North Vancouver, BCSeptember 3, 2013
A typical day at Capilano is filled with questions from students, staff and faculty.

I learned how to excel in customer service and patience.

Management is management, red tape and politics.

My co-workers are on of the main reasons i stayed so long, excellent group if people, like a family.
Facilities dept
Tradesman (Current Employee), FacilitiesJuly 31, 2013
Pros: nice coworkers - fellow tradesmen, groundskeepers etc
Cons: micro managing by managers. unsafe work enviroment, improper maintenance and care of equipment, no maintenance program, hard to get days off, repetative boring installs.
The facilities dept is stuck in the 60's. No safe work practices and poor management of equipment.
Brilliant School
early childhood music educator (Former Employee), North Vancouver, BCMay 27, 2013
Pros: pension, i learned a ton
Cons: had to teach saturdays, and never quite knew if one of my thursday classes would run do to low enrollment.
Program was designed by my coordinator 30 yrs ago. I learned so much from her and I hold her at very high esteem. Loved the families.
Supply Chain and Warehousing Instructor (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 29, 2013
Prepare adult learners for employment in supply chain related careers via a 6 week Supply Chain Career Preparation Program.
Lead class to complete learning tasks successfully and maintain effective working relationships among learners.
Management of 6000 sqft practical training warehouse.
Curriculum Development.
Develop employment and work based training – more... partnerships with industry.
Job Coaching, interviews, and Essential Skills assessments and training. – less