CAPILANO UNIVERSITY

CAPILANO UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Friendly Work Environment
Information Technology - IT Service Delivery (Current Employee), North Vancouver, BCJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: comfortable work environment, life balance
Cons: limited work performance (refer to my roles)
It's enjoy to work at this place because working hours is 7 hours and after 4 pm only few people stay in the office. If working hours compared to my previous companies, I used to work until late around midnight and had tight deadline. Everyday was rush time, full of meeting and some reports need to be submitted. So, it's a good place to have more time for family or social activities outside the office.
I learned Canadian working style (actually depends on the character of the individual, office environment, work pressure in the office because it's similar with my previous experiences) such as communications if different ideas or giving compliment, handling the conflict, discussion, couching, etc.
I don't have any difficulty to accomplish my task. I enjoy to work in the company. No pressure and people like to smile :)
Fun place to work
Supervisor, Student Accounts (Current Employee), North Vancouver, BCOctober 30, 2014
Pros: a wide variety of extracurricular activities
Cons: open all year round
A great place to learn. I learn something new almost every day.
Volunteer experience helping students develop a business plan
Mentor (Former Employee), north vancouverJanuary 22, 2014
Excellent experience reviewing the basis of a business plan on international markets while helping students find the tools to succeed
Fun atmosphere
Computer Support Analyst (Former Employee), North Vancouver, BCSeptember 3, 2013
A typical day at Capilano is filled with questions from students, staff and faculty.

I learned how to excel in customer service and patience.

Management is management, red tape and politics.

My co-workers are on of the main reasons i stayed so long, excellent group if people, like a family.
Facilities dept
Tradesman (Current Employee), FacilitiesJuly 31, 2013
Pros: nice coworkers - fellow tradesmen, groundskeepers etc
Cons: micro managing by managers. unsafe work enviroment, improper maintenance and care of equipment, no maintenance program, hard to get days off, repetative boring installs.
The facilities dept is stuck in the 60's. No safe work practices and poor management of equipment.
Brilliant School
early childhood music educator (Former Employee), North Vancouver, BCMay 27, 2013
Pros: pension, i learned a ton
Cons: had to teach saturdays, and never quite knew if one of my thursday classes would run do to low enrollment.
Program was designed by my coordinator 30 yrs ago. I learned so much from her and I hold her at very high esteem. Loved the families.
Supply Chain and Warehousing Instructor (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 29, 2013
Prepare adult learners for employment in supply chain related careers via a 6 week Supply Chain Career Preparation Program.
Lead class to complete learning tasks successfully and maintain effective working relationships among learners.
Management of 6000 sqft practical training warehouse.
Curriculum Development.
Develop employment and work based training partnerships with industry.
Job Coaching, interviews, and Essential Skills assessments and training.