CAPILANO UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

Capilano University
Computer Support Analyst 1 (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC16 May 2016
Overall Capilano University is a great place to work. It's nestled in a very pretty area just off the highway. Capilano University has a large student body of over 9000 a year but it meets these demands extremely well with a very professional staff base. Capilano University was one of the largest IT departments I have worked with so far and despite it's size it remained strongly cohesive which I have to say impressed me greatly during the time I worked there. I was sad to leave and still keep in touch with some of the good people of CapU. I would recommend CapU to anyone.
Pros
Great People, Beautiful Campus, Tim Hortons, Quality Restaurant
Great
Tutor/Mentor (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC7 April 2016
It was great to work with my peers who required extra assistance. The work environment was flexible and the pay was more than competitive.
Teaching Focussed University with a unique campus vibe.
Student Recruitment Officer (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC11 October 2015
A fun place to work with a management team dedicated to supporting employees to be the difference makers in students lives. The recruitment team loves their job of meeting with future students and educating them on why Capilano University could be an exciting post secondary educational experience for them. Unique campus with employees committed to providing service to the students that supports their academic and personal success.
Nice view. Thats about it.
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC1 February 2016
Poor teaching quality in physics lab makes a demotivating environment. Students better off taking different course.
Pros
Beautiful scenery
Cons
Everything is old.
Supply Chain and Warehousing Instructor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 April 2013
Prepare adult learners for employment in supply chain related careers via a 6 week Supply Chain Career Preparation Program.
Lead class to complete learning tasks successfully and maintain effective working relationships among learners.
Management of 6000 sqft practical training warehouse.
Curriculum Development.
Develop employment and work based training partnerships with industry.
Job Coaching, interviews, and Essential Skills assessments and training.
Flexible and fun work environment
International Student Recruitment Ambassador (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC24 February 2015
- flexible hours
- learnt to represent my own school while working and completing my degree
- co-workers were very helpful and creative
- most enjoyable when I got to participate in decorating the office for occasions (valentine's, halloween, christmas, easter, etc)
Friendly Work Environment
Information Technology - IT Service Delivery (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC24 January 2015
It's enjoy to work at this place because working hours is 7 hours and after 4 pm only few people stay in the office. If working hours compared to my previous companies, I used to work until late around midnight and had tight deadline. Everyday was rush time, full of meeting and some reports need to be submitted. So, it's a good place to have more time for family or social activities outside the office.
I learned Canadian working style (actually depends on the character of the individual, office environment, work pressure in the office because it's similar with my previous experiences) such as communications if different ideas or giving compliment, handling the conflict, discussion, couching, etc.
I don't have any difficulty to accomplish my task. I enjoy to work in the company. No pressure and people like to smile :)
Pros
comfortable work environment, life balance
Cons
limited work performance (refer to my roles)
Facilities dept
Tradesman (Current Employee) –  Facilities31 July 2013
The facilities dept is stuck in the 60's. No safe work practices and poor management of equipment.
Pros
Nice coworkers - fellow tradesmen, groundskeepers etc
Cons
Micro managing by managers. Unsafe work enviroment, improper maintenance and care of equipment, no maintenance program, hard to get days off, repetative boring installs.
Fun atmosphere
Computer Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC3 September 2013
A typical day at Capilano is filled with questions from students, staff and faculty.

I learned how to excel in customer service and patience.

Management is management, red tape and politics.

My co-workers are on of the main reasons i stayed so long, excellent group if people, like a family.
Brilliant School
early childhood music educator (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC27 May 2013
Program was designed by my coordinator 30 yrs ago. I learned so much from her and I hold her at very high esteem. Loved the families.
Pros
Pension, I learned a ton
Cons
Had to teach Saturdays, and never quite knew if one of my Thursday classes would run do to low enrollment.
Volunteer experience helping students develop a business plan
Mentor (Former Employee) –  north vancouver22 January 2014
Excellent experience reviewing the basis of a business plan on international markets while helping students find the tools to succeed
Fun place to work
Supervisor, Student Accounts (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC30 October 2014
A great place to learn. I learn something new almost every day.
Pros
A wide variety of extracurricular activities
Cons
Open all year round

CAPILANO UNIVERSITY Reviews by Location