Capgemini Employee Reviews in Canada

Poor Management
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 21, 2016
No work/life balance. Bad Management. Organisation has a lot of talented people who if properly managed can really make the account grow and flourish.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Poor Management
ok
Technical Systems Analyst (Mainframe technology) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2016
This company is ok and its all depends on your manager and management.At the end everyone looks their individual benefits.
A decent workplace
Senior Application Consultant (SAP Basis) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 22, 2015
There is a good work-life balance and with lot of projects, I have got lot of exposure to latest products. The customer is one of the biggest IS-Utilities implementation in North America of SAP.
Management is very appreciative of good work. Hardest part of job is keeping in touch with constantly changing SAP landscape due to many project occurring simultaneously. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning about new SAP products keeping me updated technically which helps the confident.
Pros
Good bonus and salary hikes for good appraisal
Cons
No extra benefit for weekend work
Learn as you work
SENIOR ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSMarch 27, 2016
I started this company as an Associate, with my exceptional performance, the company awarded me a promotion to senior associate. In addition, the management decided to make me as an Acting team leader which i have been doing over 2 months and on ongoing.

- Easiest way to do job is, put on a smile, be positive and help the team.

- I am still learning lot of things from my superiors which is in turn helping me to gain experience to grab any opportunity to grow in the organization.
Great team to work with!
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 23, 2016
A typical day at work is very busy. The natural of IT consulting is to learn the maxium in the shortest time. Management is reasonable and supportive. My co-workers are very supportive and knowledgeable about what they do. The hardest part is keep work/life balance. The most enjoyable part is to see clients are satisfied with our solutions and they are implemented successfully.
Company just starting
Policy Administration - Associate (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSMarch 1, 2016
- A typical day at work consists of receiving policy change request(s), reviewing policy and forecasting policy change request to ensure the request is adequate to process.

- Prior to this position I did not have any experience with the insurance industry. This position showed me how specific requests are processed and what calculations to use on the changes.

- Management keeps in close communication with contractors to ensure all details of the contract are being upheld.

- Co-workers as myself are to make the policy changes that are being requested.

- The hardest part of this position is finding work-around sites, as this company was just recently sold the name domains have changed and as such we are prevented from accessing it.

- The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to apply the knowledge I've learned to the policies being processed
Pros
Has broadened my experience
Cons
Lengthy transport to location
Work environment which provides growth opportunities
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  WindsorMarch 11, 2016
Capgemini UK provides work environment with plenty of growth opportunities. Management is supportive.
Good work life balance.I enjoyed the camaraderie at the workplace.
Great company to work for
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 18, 2016
NOTE that this review is for Capgemini Canada only. Not for entire Capgemini or other entities of Cap.

Definitely one of the best companies to work for in Canada. Being a consulting firm, it is a surprise that they offer competitive benefits. Offers good culture for the employee to work and grow, especially for the fresh graduates.
Pros
Culture, Benefits, competitive salary, big company means lot of opportunities, travel
Cons
Very few clients in Canada, Long Hours, No good communication between diff entities of cap
Good work culture and work life balance
PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 23, 2016
"Good Work Culture and people over here are supportive in all the area"

Co-workers were all college graduates and hence it was fun and many of them are my friends for life time.

Management was cool and very supportive. My performance engineering learning started in this organization only under the expert supervision of my technical team leader
Pros
Good company to work with, I work in mobility, has good opportunities for hard working people.
Cons
Poor appraisal bindings, less hike average hike is 4-5%.
Rife with Nepotism and preference for Indian culture
Canada, Sr. Team Lead - Operations - PMO (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 12, 2016
IGate part of Capgemini is dominant in Canada and is therefore to be weary of. Hoping for a cultural change once the complete integration is in place.
Pros
No one will fire you irrespective of your work
Cons
You might get fired if your boss isn't your friend
Good working environment
Senior Process Associate (Former Employee) –  Indian, ONApril 19, 2016
Learned a lot about the nuances of MS Office and all my co-workers are very supportive.The hardest part of the job is to complete the payment process within the TAT time mentioned.
Entreprenurial spirit
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 3, 2016
The company is very entrepreneurial in spirit and encourages bold, innovative thinking when providing solutions to client engagements and their problems.
Pros
Autonomyh
Cons
Long hours and lack of global cohesiveness
Great employer
Program Manager - PMO & PCO Services (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 13, 2016
I highly recommend this company, great culture, great job environment, lots of training oppurtunities, traveling involved, great benefits, very diversified
Documaker
Project Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 17, 2016
Attending meetings for Requirement gathering and Forms design
Impact analysis
Requirement analysis and providing solutions
For Regular Forms, Submitting HLE through Eforms estimates group and updating the Monthly regular Distribution invoices
For Projects, Providing High level estimates.
Preparing resource allocation for projects
Providing schedule for each project and regular Dist Forms
Enjoyable atmosphere with easy going coworkers
SAP BASIS/Authorization ADMIN (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 2, 2015
Work on daily support tickets
Work on on going projects
Work on daily system health checks
Deal with high priority issue such as a Production Issue over low priority.
Make sure my teamlead is upto date on the issues that I am working on and provide a status.
Monitor mailbox.
Make sure tickets do not breach SLA.
Pros
Easy going atmosphere.
Cons
Long Hours
SAP Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 13, 2015
Good place to work where work and life balance is maintained. Some flexibility in working from home. The location is quite convenient
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pressure
Outsourcing company that needs to get its own inhouse in order
Applications Outsourcing (Former Employee) –  CanadaApril 23, 2014
Big name but lousy place to work unless you are a paid external consultant. Can only describe it as a disjointed family, no one really knows who does what. Poor guidance, you'll need to learn it all or make it up yourself. Very long hours and bosses are demanding, probably because they are also under pressure. How did they land this large client account is unbelievable. An outsourcing company that has most of their resources in India. Turnover is huge, most people stay only because of the wok from home. Great benefit but bad for the company, almost all the bosses work from home. It is incredible that they get anything done.
Pros
flex time, work from home
Cons
long hours, work from home, no management guidance, on your own
Poor Managament
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 19, 2015
Very poor senior management.
No absolute planning.
Lac of knowledge.
No work life balance.
No performance analysis.
No growth
No foresight
Pros
Peaceful, Easy gpinh
Cons
No professionalism, poor man management
Great colleagues, varying projects and a challenging environment.
SAP Supply Chain Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, UKOctober 4, 2015
Supply chain consulting with top tier customers across the UK and Europe.

Across multiple industries in a multi-lingual environment with colleagues from all continents.
good place to work
Service Delivery Manager -IT Operations (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 25, 2014
Pros : I liked it and it is a fun place to work. Amazing oppurtunities.

Cons : Compensation not attractive