Pros: free lunches, outing, fundoo friday.
Cons: high pressure
• Reporting directly to the Manager.
• Creating Purchase orders, Request for Quote, Analysing and closing open orders in time.
• Process Consignment orders and Blanket orders
• Arrange expedited shipments to prevent unscheduled manufacturing downtime.
• Assist the Buyer on special projects focused on cost reduction initiatives and process improvement.
• – more... Contact suppliers to resolve missed deliveries, short shipments and pricing discrepancies.
• Provided support to the Junior Buyer and well versed to keep up the team enthusiasm
• Updated the procurement database for additions/deletions in supplier base.
• Reviewed and revised the Standard Procurement procedures.
• Worked with accounting personnel in resolving invoice discrepancies.
• Assisting Customer Support Team related to Plant and Vendor Information. – less