Cape Breton University

Cape Breton University Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun work place
Marketing Research Analyst (Former Employee), Sydney, NSFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: learned a lot working there
Cons: the pay wasn't good
it was a project under the marketing research center in the Cape Breton University, the project was about marketing and analyzing a new technology called carbon capture and storage, where carbon coming out of the chimneys and wastes from big plants and manufacturers are captured and stored pumped to the soil, which in turn benefit from it, this process – more... eliminate the harm of the CO2 in the environment. – less
Team Oriented atmosphere
Campus Security Officer (Current Employee), Sydney NSNovember 18, 2013
Pros: excellent for working on communication skills
Cons: monotony
Very good place to work excellent leaders to work for. Continuous opportunity to work on communications with staff and students.

Management of our department is very easy to work for and always willing to listen to suggestions to improve working conditions.
Enjoyed every minute
Professor/Facilitator (Former Employee), Sydney, NSOctober 3, 2013
Pros: teaching
I taught University courses in aboriginal communities and loved it. I learned so much and enjoyed all the challenges and benefits associated with travelling to local aboriginal communities.
Team work with loads of fun and Friendliness
Marketing Research Analyst (Former Employee), Sydney, NSMay 16, 2013
Pros: refreshing environment
Cons: less time for preparation
At CBU everyday was more friendly and fun with lots of people around me. Being a Marketing Analyst I was trained in such a way that I talk, talk and talk more friendly with fresh mind so that I don't feel the work pressure.

I learned how to provide customer service through my calls and conversations with the clients everyday, and I also feel so much – more... blessed and thankful for the organization who trained me in such a way that I won't feel left alone. People around me were so much friendly and fun loving and I should say that I was enjoying and treasuring my time when I worked as Marketing Analyst.

The most effective part of the Job is dealing with clients who were not interested in the research survey or analysis and at the same time the most enjoyable part of the job is convincing the clients and creating the curiosity in them about my research findings. – less
I like this place
tutor (Former Employee), cape breton universityApril 3, 2013
the experience was impressive, I learnt a lot of interpersonal skills while working with those people
Tutor (Former Employee), Sydney, NSFebruary 27, 2013
CBU was not just a university to get my degree, it provided me with a life time experience in terms of dealing with people from all over the world.
Student Postion- Department Assistant of Anthropology/Sociology
Department Assistant of Anthropology/Sociology (Former Employee), Sydney, NSMay 29, 2012
Pros: co workers students
I left salary and advancement out because this was a one year student position. I also left work/life balance out because I did not have the duties of a full time professor. My coworkers were great, the professors really helped me in preparing materials for students and giving me more knowledge.
you learn yourself more
Student Assistant, Peer tutor (Former Employee), Sydney NSMarch 26, 2012
Pros: free notebooks and pen
Cons: na
weekly job tutoring students for math 122 and 121 differential calculus. when they ask you doubt you learn more something you dont know.