Cape Breton District Health Authority Employee Reviews

Daily access to learning and becoming a team worker.
Administrative Assistant/Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS24 November 2014
Each day in a hospital setting is very different, it can be very hectic most of the time but yet very rewarding. One gains great knowledge when dealing with other healthcare workers and patients. This can be both rewarding itself in your own feelings of being able to offer assistance to all. Management are open to ideas and can be easy to talk with one on one. Co-workers are great and are there to offer a lending hand or aid in any problem one may encounter. The most difficult part of this job is seeing very ill patients and knowing their outcome, leaving one feel helpless at times and very down. The enjoyable part of this type of work is knowing you are doing your best to assist all who require your service.
Pros
Great benefits, knowledge and learning constantly
Cons
Long days
You own your own schedule
Industrial Engineer Technologist (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS2 July 2014
My time at CBDHA was a great experience. I was my own boss. I worked efficiently, and I was able to compete numerous projects during my short time there.

I learned how to organize my time and prioritize the importance of each task.
Pros
I really liked my job working with many different people.
Cons
Lack of funding
Challenging- Gratifing rectifing problems.
Manager of Engineering Services (Former Employee) –  North Sydney, Nova Scotia,Canada15 November 2013
Respond to situations that require immediate attention.
Consult with operators in boiler plant regarding any safety issues, and equipment problems and read the night shift log book. Discuss proactive safety and any upcoming equipment outages. Retrieve list of plant supplies required and prioritize the list.
Discuss building safety and mechanical issues with building trade people. Have a five minute safety talk, plan the day with priorities, and retrieve list of building mechanical supplies. Walk down mechanical spaces in 8-Story, 250,000 square foot hospital.
Return to office and check important e-mails from other departments, suppliers, contractors, ect. Start purchasing supplies required for both units. Ensure files are up to date (fire safety,staff,plant and building equipment ect.). Attend any required meeting, on site or off and usually finish day with unit planning.

The most enjoyable part of this job is people, many different personalities, getting to know them and how to deal with each, all the time being fair, asking for their input, and respecting them all.
Pros
Organizing team to inprove safety, plant and buildings.
Cons
Great place to work, with great people
Night Security (Current Employee) –  Baddeck, NS6 April 2013
I love my job the only thing i dont like is i work all night shifts
Pros
great benefits/ pension
Cons
night shift, dosent give a person much of a life
Dietary Food Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  sydney nova scotia22 March 2013
typical day at work busy, pleasant and fun atmosphere, great workplace. co workers varied and team friendly and supportive. learned much, better skills and of the benefits of programs provided. management is friendly supportive. hardest part of the job: applying for better positions, eager to be hired permanent position, seniority . for the most enjoyable part of the job: meeting new people, doing different job titles, learning the opportunities for growth.
Pros
advancement opportunities, union
Cons
being bumped in position. consider your options

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cape Breton District Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5