Cape Breton District Health Authority Employee Reviews

Dietary Food Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  sydney nova scotiaMarch 22, 2013
typical day at work busy, pleasant and fun atmosphere, great workplace. co workers varied and team friendly and supportive. learned much, better skills and of the benefits of programs provided. management is friendly supportive. hardest part of the job: applying for better positions, eager to be hired permanent position, seniority . for the most enjoyable part of the job: meeting new people, doing different job titles, learning the opportunities for growth.
Pros
advancement opportunities, union
Cons
being bumped in position. consider your options
You own your own schedule
Industrial Engineer Technologist (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSJuly 2, 2014
My time at CBDHA was a great experience. I was my own boss. I worked efficiently, and I was able to compete numerous projects during my short time there.

I learned how to organize my time and prioritize the importance of each task.
Pros
i really liked my job working with many different people.
Cons
lack of funding
Great place to work, with great people
Night Security (Current Employee) –  Baddeck, NSApril 6, 2013
I love my job the only thing i dont like is i work all night shifts
Pros
great benefits/ pension
Cons
night shift, dosent give a person much of a life
Challenging- Gratifing rectifing problems.
Manager of Engineering Services (Former Employee) –  North Sydney, Nova Scotia,CanadaNovember 15, 2013
Respond to situations that require immediate attention.
Consult with operators in boiler plant regarding any safety issues, and equipment problems and read the night shift log book. Discuss proactive safety and any upcoming equipment outages. Retrieve list of plant supplies required and prioritize the list.
Discuss building safety and mechanical issues with building trade people. Have a five minute safety talk, plan the day with priorities, and retrieve list of building mechanical supplies. Walk down mechanical spaces in 8-Story, 250,000 square foot hospital.
Return to office and check important e-mails from other departments, suppliers, contractors, ect. Start purchasing supplies required for both units. Ensure files are up to date (fire safety,staff,plant and building equipment ect.). Attend any required meeting, on site or off and usually finish day with unit planning.

The most enjoyable part of this job is people, many different personalities, getting to know them and how to deal with each, all the time being fair, asking for their input, and respecting them all.
Pros
organizing team to inprove safety, plant and buildings.

4.6