Capco

Capco Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun projects, high rewards
Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2013
Pros: very lucrative package
Cons: long hours sometimes
- Opportunities to be involved in true strategy works
- Capco is opened to innovative ideas with regards to the industry
- Growing at a remarkable pace compare to competitors
- Majority of employees are highly educated (MBAs, Masters, etc). They only hire best of the best from the industry
Interesting projects
Atlassian DevOps Consultant (Current Employee), London, ENGOctober 28, 2014
Pros: technical challenge - advanced technology
Cons: no long term view
Nice environment, good office, well located.
The advanced technology used in Capco was very interresting.
I learnt how to integrate different parts (Artifacts from different teams), build a master build and deploy it on different environment, choose a strategy suitable to the project

The management was very technical. I appreciate to talk about Technic – more... with them.

Co-worker was very nice except about the documentation.

We spent time to know how to integrate all parts of the project.
The hardest part of the job was to explain to very competent people how to change the way they are working.
The most enjoyable was to see all the different team was able to deliver on time. – less
Specialist/Team Member (Former Employee), Grayson, KYOctober 26, 2014
Pros: fun work environment
Cons: work study position
Great place to work, staff was friendly in training you for different assignments that you had to complete. Great working hours.
A good stepping stone into management consulting and finance overall
Associate Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 17, 2014
It's a good company for younger people out of college and grad school who want to pursue finance roles.
WORK EXPERIENCE
MANAGER/ ASSISTANT/ CASHIER (Former Employee), Farmington, NMJune 25, 2014
This job gave me the ability to learn more in the retail line of work. I learned how to deal with all kinds or personalities.
Was able to work and learn new skills.
Family Development Assistant (Former Employee), Cortland, NYMay 1, 2014
Pros: ability to learn new skills and training provided.
Cons: grant based employment
Working with diverse groups of people was very rewarding and learning about poverty in our community was a benefit to me so I would be able to better understand the clients I was working with.
A great learning experience
Internship (Former Employee), Cortland, NYApril 30, 2014
I was an intern for my degree program. I spent 14 weeks a total of 224 hours with direct services. I was given the ability to help families and gain knowledge in the field. I learned that I want to work with families to help better their abilities in the community.
Good Company to work for
PRINCIPAL CONSULTANT (Current Employee), VariousApril 29, 2014
Good Company to work for.. Just to much travel.. various project. You have to get out of your comfort zone to succed
Good Work Culture, Low Salary
Financial/ Management Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 6, 2014
Pros: work culture
Cons: professional growth
Capco has a very unique/ good work culture. It is IT consulting company focused on Financial service industry.
The biggest downside of Capco is there recruitment strategy, employees professional growth and HR department
It's all about the people
Junior Recruiter (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 3, 2014
Learnt a lot during my time at Capco. My mentors always told me, "make sure you love what you do, since you will be doing it for a very long time." However, they never mentioned about loving the people you work with since it's rare to find good co-workers and actually get along. But, sadly to say, I did find some good co-workers and actually loved working – more... with them. Here, you will definitely find not just some good co-workers but long lasting friendship. – less
Challenging place to work
Consultant (Current Employee), LondonFebruary 24, 2014
Challenging and diverse place to work, with many opportunities.
You may want to look somewhere else
AE (Former Employee), NY, NYJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: free drinks in the cafeteria
Cons: suit culture, uptight people, scared of innovation
Capco has some good rating by industry publications, but we all know the financial industry greases pockets to get press and notice. I have personally seen this unethical activity at Capco.

They pay senior management well, but if you are young, up and coming or just out of school, get ready to be made promises and be under paid.

It took me 2 years – more... to leave, and I should have left sooner – less
Great company
CNC Operator (Former Employee), Grand Junction, COOctober 4, 2013
I believe Capco is a great company i think they could raise the pay but at the same time they are a understanding company
Enjoyed Working
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee), Cortland, NYJune 29, 2013
I really ejoyed working for this company. The client I worked with really enjoyed my company.
Sugar coated bodyshop
Consultant (Current Employee), LondonJune 29, 2013
Pros: above average salaries and some good people
Cons: bodyshop, low quality and quantity of projects, no choice in career direction
Capco is pre-dominantly a bodyshop in the guise of a consulting firm. They are only concerned of the bottom line while their marketing would lead you to believe they care about their employees and their development. The number and quality of projects is very poor and you WILL be forced to join a project with no consideration of your choice or career – more... direction. Their current resourcing team in particular are terrible and highly political while management are made up of ex-accenture employees.

On the positive, salary is slightly above average and there are some intelligent people working for the firm.

Overall, a firm to avoid if you are looking for a consulting career but could be an entry point into the industry for grads and juniors. – less
Great company that really cares about all employees
R&D/ Process Engineering Intern (Current Employee), Grand Junction, COMay 24, 2013
Pros: donut wednesdays, great christmas party, great people
A typical work day at Capco starts with a team meeting, where progress is evaluated and daily or weekly goals for each project are discussed. The rest of the day spent working on projects and striving to meet the goals set each week.

The management concerns themselves with the needs of the company and employees. Co-workers are great and everyone is – more... willing to help out in any way they can. – less
Good place to work for entry level graduates. Great culture and camaraderie
Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 14, 2013
Great place to work. Consultants can be involved in multiple initiatives. Open door policy
Loved working here with the CAPCO family
Family Development Assistant (Former Employee), Cortland, NYMay 3, 2013
Working at CAPCO everyone became more like family. I enjoyed my co-workers, the staff on all levels and I also enjoyed the consumers most of all.
I learned about poverty in the Bridges to Poverty course I had taken while with this organization. I was a very rewarding experience.
Building Sector supplier
Specifications representative (Current Employee), Durban North Kwazulu NatalApril 8, 2013
Pros: company car, fuel, cell, laptop
Cons: limited potential for growth, salary very basic.
Calling on all building sector professionals to specify our products, follow up on existing projects and give technical advise. Develop systems for practical application, when standard applications are not possible. Assist professionals and contractors with pricing and technical performance data, regarding products and applications. Follow up on completed – more... projects. Assist contractors on site. Book and plan call sheets. Write weekly reports for management. Monitor competitor movements in the market place. Monitor professional IT support systems and performance. Liaise with service providers. – less
Good organization with plenty of room for career advancement
Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 31, 2013
Pros: easy to speak to management, nice home office
Cons: have not done any "finance" related work since starting
Capco is a mid sized consultancy, however it has been growing by leaps and bounds as of late. There is a lot of room for career advancement for someone who goes in with the right attitude. As with most consulting firms thy like people who already have several years of industry experience, however, they do hire some new associate directly out of college.

About Capco

This company brings together ideas, technology, and money. The Capital Markets Company, which does business as Capco, provides – Read more