CanWest Aerospace is a premiere independent aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) provider in North America, successfully supporting helicopter and fixed-wing operators around the globe.
With more than a decade of MRO experience, CanWest Aerospace holds approvals from Transport Canada (TC) and the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) as an approved MRO provider; specializing in both helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft.
JOB TITLE: Avionics – Bench technician
REPORTS TO: Director of Maintenance
The responsibility of the Avionics – Bench technician is to assist in the Inspection, Repair and Maintenance of Aircraft and Aeronautical products being maintained or repaired by the company.
- Carry out tasks under the direction and supervision of the Maintenance Manager or his/her delegate
- To carry out the maintenance functions in accordance with the approved data provided
- To report Deficiencies or defects found during the inspection and repair aeronautical products
- Troubleshoot avionics, electrical, and medical wiring systems to engineering schematic specifications.
- Operationally test avionics and electrical systems per manufacturer’s instructions.
- Troubleshoot and repair avionics systems to a component level on the bench.
- Assists on design activities, assists with planning installation/repair modifications.
- Assists in Transport Canada documentation – action procedures (Work order, TCCA Form one, aircraft weight and balance, equipment list changes, log book entries, parts recording, documentation changes).
- Assists with planning and documenting in-flight testing, certification, and troubleshooting procedures.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Contribute to the high standard of maintenance carried out by the company
- Maintain the high morale and sense of shared direction of the Company
- Project a positive image of your work and Company
- A sense of ownership in your work
- Commitment to professional as well as ongoing personal and professional growth
- 2+ years RF technician experience an asset, formal electronics/avionics training
- Able to follow directions provided by the Maintenance manager and his/her delegate
- Ability to operate various forms of tooling and test equipment
- Very self initiated, self motivated and well organized
- Team orientated with creativity and ability to see projects through
- Highly efficient, effective and creative
- Efficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and AutoCAD
- Efficient in computer based manuals and must be able to navigate through vendor data to find necessary information
Indeed - 4 months ago
copy to clipboard
CanWest Aerospace is a premiere independent aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) provider in North America, successfully...