Reports to: Construction Department Manager
Location: Coquitlam, BC
Canstar Restorations is an organization committed to providing superior customer service to our external and internal clients; you are accountable for providing timely and efficient emergency services to home owners. A superior attitude towards customer service and strong work ethic is required to position yourself for success with the Construction Department.
The incumbent will assist, support, and take direction from the lead carpenter to construct, repair, restore, and install structural woodwork and related materials. You will also assist with demolition of non-restorable materials.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Constructs, repairs, restores and installs structures such as floors, doors, walls, windows, stairways, furniture, cabinets, shelves, and roofs.
- Installs locks, knobs, hinges, closures, and other fixtures to structures.
- Installs kit style wire-rake or competent closet organizers.
- Cleans equipment, shop area, and work site area.
- Daily completion of tracking paperwork, timecards, checkout forms and other necessary paperwork.
- Support Canstar’s Customer Service Philosophy and create customer cheerleaders from all contact with customers.
- Support and follow Canstar’s Credo which outlines the respect we show for our company, for one another, and our customers.
- Ensure all relevant safety standards are followed according to Canstar’s and WorkSafe BC requirements.
- Comply with all Canstar’s policies and procedures including the code of conduct.
- These are representative duties and responsibilities but are not all encompassing and may change from time to time.
Education and Experience
- 1 to 3 years carpentry experience and/or enrolled in first to third year in an approved carpentry apprentice program; OR a combination of education and experience that would have developed the required skills, knowledge and abilities required.
- WHMIS certificate
- Valid First Aid Level 1 Certificate
- Experience in the construction or restoration industry is considered beneficial
- Valid BC Drivers License is required
- Clean criminal record as it relates to work
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Able to safely lift, carry and move standard construction material and tools
- Good customer service skills
- Knowledge of tools, equipment, and materials common to the carpentry trade
- Skills in the construction, repair, restoration, and installation of wood or related materials
- Good working knowledge of basic construction practices
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing
- Basic computer skills including email and attachments
- Have reliable transportation that is insured for work and has a minimum of $2 Million liability insurance
- Work is of a physical nature
- This position primarily reports out of Canstar’s head office or branch or is directly dispatched to work sites
- This position works on job sites mostly within the lower mainland area but may be requested to work at job sites outside of this area including the sea to sky corridor
- Shifts vary but usually are from 8:00am to 4:30pm less a half hour unpaid lunch break
- CSA footwear must be worn at all times when on job sites or in the warehouse
- Must comply with Department dress code at all times
- Overtime may be required on a periodic basis
- This position does have a component of on-call shifts on a rotation basis
To apply for this opportunity please forward your resume and state “Carpenter” in the subject line.
Please note we thank all applicants for their interest, however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please no phone-calls.
Indeed - 15 months ago
Canstar Restoration has been providing reliable, efficient restoration services throughout the Lower Mainland for over 25 years. Our live...