CANPAR

CANPAR Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good work environment
Off Loader (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 23, 2015
Pros: short hours
Cons: horrible work hours
Great work environment, everybody gets along. I only use this for a second part time job. I only work two shifts out of the week.
loader and driver
warehouse sorting and Courier driver (Former Employee), hamiltonFebruary 7, 2015
loading trucks. going out and deliver parcels and picking up. a good place to work can be hard loading truck. bulky and heavy sometimes.
Hard-work but good experience
Warehouseman (Former Employee), Pickering, OntarioNovember 10, 2014
Working at Canpar in Pickering was a great experience. The staff were team-oriented and worked well together in order to make sure mail was delivered on-time.
Productive workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 28, 2014
Hard physical job with decent pay and lots of hours available
great guys to work with very fun
dockloader (Former Employee), edmonton abDecember 4, 2013
had great time working there. would go back if I could. was involved in all parts in shipping and receiving, loaded and unloaded trailers, sent freight all over alberta and northern british Colombia, loaded freight into trucks for local deliveries
Has a long way to go
Warehouse Worker, Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: union job
Cons: not technologically advanced enough.
It is a typical courier job, Heavy labor job up to 70lbs
Has a long way to go to catch up to what the competition offers in both technology and processing of packages.
Staff/Managers Good.
Union job is the best benefit to this job.
Poor Managers and Lazy Staff
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 25, 2013
co-workers are super lazy and take pride in it. management has no clue and will micro manage strong performers because they have no clue what to do with the poor performers.
Organized and productive work environment.
Shipper Receiver (Former Employee), New Toronto St Etobicoke, OntarioJune 11, 2013
Pros: above minimum wage
Cons: long hours
Besides the long hours of hard labour stacking boxes in trailers, Canpar was a decent work place. Co workers were helpful and friendly, and the environment was safe for the type of work. Management had its up and downs mainly depending on who your supervisor is. A typical day at work would be to enter a 32 or 64 foot trailer, then stack boxes to the roof until the whole trailer is filled. The hardest part of the job is the strain on your body after lifting heavy boxes for multiple hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people from work and getting paid.
Sorting out mails base on their final destinations
Mail Sorter (Former Employee), Calgary, Alberta.April 2, 2013
Pros: we were allowed to leave the building for half an hour to go eat anywhere we like
Cons: not knowing when our shifts end because some packages are urgent and some are local destinations
My day at work was pretty much routine, I would come to work straight to conveyor belt where I would stand for two hours working until my first break. I have learned to check packages which contained suspicious items and products before puting them on conveyor belt. management was really good, if something was wrong during work we would always consult with floor manager who was great at resolving issues among employees. employees usually got along pretty well except for bossy employees. the hardest part of the job was dealing with packages that did not have final destination on the envolope. the most enjoyable part of them was just working with people who communicated pretty well.
great leadership, great co.worker
Delivery Driver/ wearhouse personel (Current Employee), concord,onNovember 27, 2012
learned about safety driving, post and pre inspections.
A family atmosphere.
working in all types of weather conditions and learning how to adapt.
dealing with customers and cash daily.