Canpar Couriers Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Productive but not progressive
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 November 2017
I mostly enjoyed being in the atmosphere while doing my job. It was early mornings and very physically demanding and I learned what I was capable of. Being a man of colour, I very often felt like a minority and other employees and managers confirmed how I felt by making racist comments. It was subtly told that I would not advance to be a driver because of that reason. Unfortunately, my work ethic didn't matter. Other than that, they were very reasonable with schedule flexibility if staff needed to take their children to school and such. and there was lots of opportunity for more hours.
Pros
good pay
Cons
racism
great family own company with many company vastly growing
Preload sorter of mail/ packaging (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 July 2017
great courier service excellent people great workforce and salary's are do able and the employees and management are a great soure to rely on within the company business
Unloading trailers
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 March 2016
At Canpar I used to unload shipments from large trailers at night time, for 6 hours and go to school in the morning. I enjoyed the job because it was also close to where I live and I had a car that I drive to work so I was always at work on time and I never showed up late.
I had to stop working there because my school became really important.
Summary(Work)
Courier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 November 2015
Great place to work - lots of work - able to work on my own with no supervision.

I am able to use all of my skills on a daily basis and the position is multi-diversified making for a busy, interesting day.
Pros
Hard, satisfying work.
Cons
Long hours.