Canon Canada Inc

Canon Canada Inc Employee Reviews

Has potential but slow moving in Innovative strategies
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 July 2016
Canon has lot's of potential to be great, but as many businesses face, they are at a crossroads to figure out how to capture new audiences and market to them.
Pros
subsidized meals
Cons
Close minded employees and managers who can't think outside of the box, traditional partners not willing to try new things
Great Company
Corporate Account Executive - Business Development (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2016
I really enjoyed the years I spent working at Canon.
It taught me a lot about persistence, hard work and never giving up.
Great Management and ability for upward movement.
Couldn't have asked for my from an employer.
work well under pressure
Credit & Collections rep (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 August 2016
Learned listening to people, patience, helping with issues ,resolving best way possible, worked well with co-workers , always positive energy to my co-workers,
Pros
Bonus end of the year
Cons
No flex time
Great
Team management coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 October 2016
Enjoyed my 2 years with Canon, great team and great management.
Ample opportunity internally to move up and advance. Great support from team members all around.
Good working environment with many opportunities
Associate Analyst/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 June 2016
I have been provided with many opportunities to grow over my three year employment with Canon Canada. The management values hard work.
Pros
They invest in your professonal development
Cons
Unflexible schedule
Good company
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 August 2016
Management could be better. Employee's are not treated to the best of their ability and skills. Easy to get stuck in the same position.
A Company that has lost touch with its employees
National Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC9 May 2016
This company micro manages you to a level that affects your ability to work. It had a very high turnover in the sales department.
I Love My Canon Team
Account executive-Business Solutions division (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 January 2016
Great Place To Start In Sales

Lots of Product Knowledge To Learn

Self-Reliant on Income

Can be nerve-racking.

Overall a great company to work for with a huge opportunities throughout the world
Pros
Great Company Name, Beautiful Office, Great Culture
Cons
Hard To Make Sales, Lame Territories, Some managers can be micromanagers
I liked working there
Parts Clerk,van driver,warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Ville mt.Royal19 November 2015
It was a nice place to work for we had a good social structure there. The company paid well and if you were in the technical field you could advance.The department I worked in were very close and we sociallized outside of work hours.The company restructured and they closed our warehouse .they were very fair to the end of my employment there.
Pros
supper meetings christmas parties
Cons
restructuring
International Fortune 500 Company
Corporate Executive- Major Accounts (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2015
I was responsible for the day to day management of Key Accounts. Roughly 300 accounts. The corporate head office had a subsidized cafeteria which was fantastic. The culture of my colleagues was really great. Mentoring, sharing ideas. Management was not the greatest. Very negative from a sales motivational perspective.
Pros
Continuing Education, amazing colleagues
Cons
Very Long Hours
Great place to work at, except for location.
Bilingual Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 December 2015
Great office environment, everyone really friendly and supportive, feels like a big family. Relaxed and laid back environment. Lots of staff events and activities to keep everyone engaged.
Pros
Gaming consoles
Learnt alot
Sales Planning Analyst, Finance & Marketing (FP&A) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 November 2015
I was lucky enough to get my hands on many other aspects of the finance, marketing and strategy side of the business. I was lucky that I had a great manager that encouraged innovation and different ways of doing things.
Fulfilling interactions with clients and co-workers.
Credit Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 July 2015
In the Business Solutions Credit department, there being two out of six employees on sick leave and vacation. The department was swamped. Unfortunately that left very little time for training.

My different accesses to the programs needed to complete my tasks was not available until the 3rd week of my one month contract.

Canon was a team I enjoyed being part of. My co-workers were very helpful, courteous but again quite swamped.

What I learned is that I love this type of position because of the constant contact with the clients and the philosophy and energy that was communicated by the CEO of Canon Canada Inc.,was very refreshing , a zen approach with his employees, which made me feel comfortable.
Pros
It was interesting, fulfilling and very well remunerated .
Cons
The unfortunate lack of training.
Team work brings success
Audit Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 November 2015
Great place to work and learn from different people. Involves a lot of team work and support. Challenging to hit sales figures and keep a strong foot in the market.
productive when needed and people were great
Warehouse Labourer, Shipper/Receiver, Parts Clerk (Former Employee) –  markham ontario29 January 2015
Had a time frame that you had to complete every day.Very quick pace.Work With others because more heads are better then one.Management stayed to them selfs,only spoke or seen when a certain job had to be done quickly or to give you verbal warning when you did something wrong.The hardest part of the job was the amount of work given in the shortest part of time.Most enjoyable part of the job was long lunches,good christmas partys,profit sharing and bonuses.
Pros
profit sharing and holiday time off
Cons
lack off communcation
GREAT COMPANY
CHANNEL ENABLEMENT MANAGER - PARTNER CHANNEL (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 September 2014
• Strategic Market Planning and Positioning • New Market Penetration and Development
• Project/Program Management • Quantitative Data Methods and Analysis
• Cross-functional Relationship Building • Complex Multi-level Projects
• Channel Enablement and Engagement
• Strategic Enablement of Micro/Macro Channels
• Integrated Marketing and Sales Campaigns
• Business in Emerging Markets.
Good company culture and care about how their business impact environment
Developer II/Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario10 September 2014
Canon is a good company to work for and they have good departmental structure. All departments work together to provide new ideas and develop systems to support new business needs. Great co-worker and everyone in the company is very helpful in supporting other department.
Pros
Company subsidize cafeteria, education assistance, lots of chances for advancement.
Cons
Long work hours.
Reputable Products & Strong Brand
Manager, Customer and Professional Services (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 October 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job is my staff! I have had the pleasure of managing a great team who are dedicated to their jobs, loyal to the Canon brand and believe in the future of the organization.
Struggles include a flat hierarchy as well as the inability to easily communicate upward, and outside, of one's current business structure within the organization.
The hardest part of the job is not being able to influence change.
I enjoy working for Canon and would readily recommend as a place of employment. The organization remains on the cutting edge of new technologies and places a lot of emphasis on maintaining a strong brand image.
Pros
Lunches 1 hour, Call Centre hours reasonable for reps, Low attrition
Cons
Limited growth opportunity
Everything is pretty decent except the pay.
Commercial Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 November 2014
I enjoyed working with my managers and coworkers, however the base salary is not a liveable amount of money for Calgary and the inconsistency of sales from month to month can is tough. The best part of this job is that employers all acknowledge that this as a job the produces top notch sales professionals.
Pros
Managers and team
Cons
Base Salery
Significant global involvement
Sales Planning Associate Analyst (Accountemps) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 May 2015
Most projects and sales initiatives are efficiently coordinated between Canon subsidiaries across the world through a flexible and efficient process that requires teams to share local industry information seamlessly.

2.9