Canon Canada Inc

Canon Canada Inc Employee Reviews

Good salary. Poor management (Montreal)
Sales Adminstrative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 January 2017
The work load was high and we had to do overtime during month end.
Poorly managed in Montreal. They don't follow the company's HR policies. The headquarter in Toronto doesn't seem to be aware of the way the department is being managed in Montreal. Favoritism. Some people were working hard while others were only socializing.
Canon is a good company, with a great philosophy. It is really a shame that the office in Montreal does not follow the guidelines.
Pros
Salary
Cons
HR guidelines are not respected in Montreal
Great Company
Corporate Account Executive - Business Development (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2016
I really enjoyed the years I spent working at Canon.
It taught me a lot about persistence, hard work and never giving up.
Great Management and ability for upward movement.
Couldn't have asked for my from an employer.
Great
Team management coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 October 2016
Enjoyed my 2 years with Canon, great team and great management.
Ample opportunity internally to move up and advance. Great support from team members all around.
Great company
BRANCH SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 January 2017
A work ethic and drive is what is required.
Benefits are fine once you achieve the goals set out by the company.
Would recommend Canon.
Good working environment with many opportunities
Associate Analyst/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 June 2016
I have been provided with many opportunities to grow over my three year employment with Canon Canada. The management values hard work.
Pros
They invest in your professonal development
Cons
Unflexible schedule
Good company
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 August 2016
Management could be better. Employee's are not treated to the best of their ability and skills. Easy to get stuck in the same position.
International Fortune 500 Company
Corporate Executive- Major Accounts (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2015
I was responsible for the day to day management of Key Accounts. Roughly 300 accounts. The corporate head office had a subsidized cafeteria which was fantastic. The culture of my colleagues was really great. Mentoring, sharing ideas. Management was not the greatest. Very negative from a sales motivational perspective.
Pros
Continuing Education, amazing colleagues
Cons
Very Long Hours
Good
Business Analyst - Service Operations (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 December 2016
Many responsibilities in multiple areas due to small size so I got exposure to many different areas
Work independently yet exposed to co-workers responsibilities and ability to step in to help
Has potential but slow moving in Innovative strategies
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 July 2016
Canon has lot's of potential to be great, but as many businesses face, they are at a crossroads to figure out how to capture new audiences and market to them.
Pros
subsidized meals
Cons
Close minded employees and managers who can't think outside of the box, traditional partners not willing to try new things
work well under pressure
Credit & Collections rep (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 August 2016
Learned listening to people, patience, helping with issues ,resolving best way possible, worked well with co-workers , always positive energy to my co-workers,
Pros
Bonus end of the year
Cons
No flex time
Horrible GM with absolutely no management skills.
Account Executive - New Business Development (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 November 2012
The Sales Manager that had hired me was laid-off/fired just before I started.
The GM and I did not get along, he is a power freak and wants to have FULL control of you. Plus, he has absolutely no management skills and thinks he is a GOD of the printing industry.
One of the biggest mistakes I have made in my life-time working under him.
The company culture is otherwise good and very young crowd of staff in the commercial sales. For most of them this was their first job.
Pros
none.
Cons
horrible gm.
I Love My Canon Team
Account executive-Business Solutions division (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 January 2016
Great Place To Start In Sales

Lots of Product Knowledge To Learn

Self-Reliant on Income

Can be nerve-racking.

Overall a great company to work for with a huge opportunities throughout the world
Pros
Great Company Name, Beautiful Office, Great Culture
Cons
Hard To Make Sales, Lame Territories, Some managers can be micromanagers
A Company that has lost touch with its employees
National Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC9 May 2016
This company micro manages you to a level that affects your ability to work. It had a very high turnover in the sales department.
Fulfilling interactions with clients and co-workers.
Credit Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 July 2015
In the Business Solutions Credit department, there being two out of six employees on sick leave and vacation. The department was swamped. Unfortunately that left very little time for training.

My different accesses to the programs needed to complete my tasks was not available until the 3rd week of my one month contract.

Canon was a team I enjoyed being part of. My co-workers were very helpful, courteous but again quite swamped.

What I learned is that I love this type of position because of the constant contact with the clients and the philosophy and energy that was communicated by the CEO of Canon Canada Inc.,was very refreshing , a zen approach with his employees, which made me feel comfortable.
Pros
It was interesting, fulfilling and very well remunerated .
Cons
The unfortunate lack of training.
Bad
Business Analyst/Sales Forecasting (Current Employee) –  Mississauga19 February 2015
Bad work culture, do not promote from within, do not help, No real career development. Misleading - Employee's complained that there is no room to grow. Canon added supervisor level and hired externally. People are still in the same positions.
productive when needed and people were great
Warehouse Labourer, Shipper/Receiver, Parts Clerk (Former Employee) –  markham ontario29 January 2015
Had a time frame that you had to complete every day.Very quick pace.Work With others because more heads are better then one.Management stayed to them selfs,only spoke or seen when a certain job had to be done quickly or to give you verbal warning when you did something wrong.The hardest part of the job was the amount of work given in the shortest part of time.Most enjoyable part of the job was long lunches,good christmas partys,profit sharing and bonuses.
Pros
profit sharing and holiday time off
Cons
lack off communcation
Poor work life balance, and excessive reporting
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 December 2012
Worked as an account manager for about a year, the commission and pay structure is competitive but the work culture is bad, the industry is in trouble, with every sales rep trying to undercut each other.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
bad management
I liked working there
Parts Clerk,van driver,warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Ville mt.Royal19 November 2015
It was a nice place to work for we had a good social structure there. The company paid well and if you were in the technical field you could advance.The department I worked in were very close and we sociallized outside of work hours.The company restructured and they closed our warehouse .they were very fair to the end of my employment there.
Pros
supper meetings christmas parties
Cons
restructuring
GREAT COMPANY
CHANNEL ENABLEMENT MANAGER - PARTNER CHANNEL (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 September 2014
• Strategic Market Planning and Positioning • New Market Penetration and Development
• Project/Program Management • Quantitative Data Methods and Analysis
• Cross-functional Relationship Building • Complex Multi-level Projects
• Channel Enablement and Engagement
• Strategic Enablement of Micro/Macro Channels
• Integrated Marketing and Sales Campaigns
• Business in Emerging Markets.
Good company culture and care about how their business impact environment
Developer II/Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario10 September 2014
Canon is a good company to work for and they have good departmental structure. All departments work together to provide new ideas and develop systems to support new business needs. Great co-worker and everyone in the company is very helpful in supporting other department.
Pros
Company subsidize cafeteria, education assistance, lots of chances for advancement.
Cons
Long work hours.