Canon Canada Inc Employee Reviews in Canada

I Love My Canon Team
Account executive-Business Solutions division (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 18, 2016
Great Place To Start In Sales

Lots of Product Knowledge To Learn

Self-Reliant on Income

Can be nerve-racking.

Overall a great company to work for with a huge opportunities throughout the world
Pros
Great Company Name, Beautiful Office, Great Culture
Cons
Hard To Make Sales, Lame Territories, Some managers can be micromanagers
Great place to work at, except for location.
Bilingual Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 2, 2015
Great office environment, everyone really friendly and supportive, feels like a big family. Relaxed and laid back environment. Lots of staff events and activities to keep everyone engaged.
Pros
Gaming consoles
Team work brings success
Audit Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 19, 2015
Great place to work and learn from different people. Involves a lot of team work and support. Challenging to hit sales figures and keep a strong foot in the market.
I liked working there
Parts Clerk,van driver,warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Ville mt.RoyalNovember 19, 2015
It was a nice place to work for we had a good social structure there. The company paid well and if you were in the technical field you could advance.The department I worked in were very close and we sociallized outside of work hours.The company restructured and they closed our warehouse .they were very fair to the end of my employment there.
Pros
supper meetings christmas parties
Cons
restructuring
International Fortune 500 Company
Corporate Executive- Major Accounts (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 16, 2015
I was responsible for the day to day management of Key Accounts. Roughly 300 accounts. The corporate head office had a subsidized cafeteria which was fantastic. The culture of my colleagues was really great. Mentoring, sharing ideas. Management was not the greatest. Very negative from a sales motivational perspective.
Pros
Continuing Education, amazing colleagues
Cons
Very Long Hours
Learnt alot
Sales Planning Analyst, Finance & Marketing (FP&A) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 4, 2015
I was lucky enough to get my hands on many other aspects of the finance, marketing and strategy side of the business. I was lucky that I had a great manager that encouraged innovation and different ways of doing things.
Fulfilling interactions with clients and co-workers.
Credit Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 24, 2015
In the Business Solutions Credit department, there being two out of six employees on sick leave and vacation. The department was swamped. Unfortunately that left very little time for training.

My different accesses to the programs needed to complete my tasks was not available until the 3rd week of my one month contract.

Canon was a team I enjoyed being part of. My co-workers were very helpful, courteous but again quite swamped.

What I learned is that I love this type of position because of the constant contact with the clients and the philosophy and energy that was communicated by the CEO of Canon Canada Inc.,was very refreshing , a zen approach with his employees, which made me feel comfortable.
Pros
It was interesting, fulfilling and very well remunerated .
Cons
The unfortunate lack of training.
Significant global involvement
Sales Planning Associate Analyst (Accountemps) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 3, 2015
Most projects and sales initiatives are efficiently coordinated between Canon subsidiaries across the world through a flexible and efficient process that requires teams to share local industry information seamlessly.
Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 14, 2015
First of all, you have to have strong legs, because you will be standing for very extended periods of time in one place, barely walking around unless you need to acquire more and you are been pressured to work faster.
Bad
Business Analyst/Sales Forecasting (Current Employee) –  MississaugaFebruary 19, 2015
Bad work culture, do not promote from within, do not help, No real career development. Misleading - Employee's complained that there is no room to grow. Canon added supervisor level and hired externally. People are still in the same positions.
productive when needed and people were great
Warehouse Labourer, Shipper/Receiver, Parts Clerk (Former Employee) –  markham ontarioJanuary 29, 2015
Had a time frame that you had to complete every day.Very quick pace.Work With others because more heads are better then one.Management stayed to them selfs,only spoke or seen when a certain job had to be done quickly or to give you verbal warning when you did something wrong.The hardest part of the job was the amount of work given in the shortest part of time.Most enjoyable part of the job was long lunches,good christmas partys,profit sharing and bonuses.
Pros
profit sharing and holiday time off
Cons
lack off communcation
Great learning experience
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  MississaugaDecember 10, 2014
Good company to start from school. Learned a lot during my time with Canon. Was able to work in two positions, marketing and sales which has lead to my current role.
Everything is pretty decent except the pay.
Commercial Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 13, 2014
I enjoyed working with my managers and coworkers, however the base salary is not a liveable amount of money for Calgary and the inconsistency of sales from month to month can is tough. The best part of this job is that employers all acknowledge that this as a job the produces top notch sales professionals.
Pros
managers and team
Cons
base salery
Reputable Products & Strong Brand
Manager, Customer and Professional Services (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 21, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job is my staff! I have had the pleasure of managing a great team who are dedicated to their jobs, loyal to the Canon brand and believe in the future of the organization.
Struggles include a flat hierarchy as well as the inability to easily communicate upward, and outside, of one's current business structure within the organization.
The hardest part of the job is not being able to influence change.
I enjoy working for Canon and would readily recommend as a place of employment. The organization remains on the cutting edge of new technologies and places a lot of emphasis on maintaining a strong brand image.
Pros
lunches 1 hour, call centre hours reasonable for reps, low attrition
Cons
limited growth opportunity
GREAT
CHANNEL ENABLEMENT MANAGER - PARTNER CHANNEL (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 14, 2014
GOOD PLACE TO WORK AT, VERY FAST PACED, REGULAR EMPLOYEES ARE KEPT SEPERATE FROM SUPER PERFORMERS
GREAT COMPANY
CHANNEL ENABLEMENT MANAGER - PARTNER CHANNEL (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 17, 2014
• Strategic Market Planning and Positioning • New Market Penetration and Development
• Project/Program Management • Quantitative Data Methods and Analysis
• Cross-functional Relationship Building • Complex Multi-level Projects
• Channel Enablement and Engagement
• Strategic Enablement of Micro/Macro Channels
• Integrated Marketing and Sales Campaigns
• Business in Emerging Markets.
Good company culture and care about how their business impact environment
Developer II/Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, OntarioSeptember 10, 2014
Canon is a good company to work for and they have good departmental structure. All departments work together to provide new ideas and develop systems to support new business needs. Great co-worker and everyone in the company is very helpful in supporting other department.
Pros
company subsidize cafeteria, education assistance, lots of chances for advancement.
Cons
long work hours.
Great place to gain experience
Customer service / Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  montrealSeptember 5, 2014
I did learned how to work under pressure for example taking over 100 calls and order a day and making sure all orders and calls are been processed.
I loved working at canon it was a real fun environment very social we would have lunchs together.
Pros
christmas gifts and empolyees sale
experience qith dispatch and transportation
Coordonnatrice (Former Employee) –  MontrealAugust 26, 2014
Love the sale team and the warehouse team,
Love the challenge of month end
Pros
independance at work
Cons
management
Good people and Great Salary / Benefiits
Financial Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 4, 2014
My experience working at Canon Canada Inc were great. I had the support of my manager and Director who were both great people to work with.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
work hours not flexible. everyone has to work 9am to 5pm. no exceptions