Canon Canada Inc

Canon Canada Inc Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Everything is pretty decent except the pay.
Commercial Account Executive (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 13, 2014
Pros: managers and team
Cons: base salery
I enjoyed working with my managers and coworkers, however the base salary is not a liveable amount of money for Calgary and the inconsistency of sales from month to month can is tough. The best part of this job is that employers all acknowledge that this as a job the produces top notch sales professionals.
Reputable Products & Strong Brand
Manager, Customer and Professional Services (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 21, 2014
Pros: lunches 1 hour, call centre hours reasonable for reps, low attrition
Cons: limited growth opportunity
The most enjoyable part of my job is my staff! I have had the pleasure of managing a great team who are dedicated to their jobs, loyal to the Canon brand and believe in the future of the organization.
Struggles include a flat hierarchy as well as the inability to easily communicate upward, and outside, of one's current business structure within the – more... organization.
The hardest part of the job is not being able to influence change.
I enjoy working for Canon and would readily recommend as a place of employment. The organization remains on the cutting edge of new technologies and places a lot of emphasis on maintaining a strong brand image. – less
GREAT
CHANNEL ENABLEMENT MANAGER - PARTNER CHANNEL (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 14, 2014
GOOD PLACE TO WORK AT, VERY FAST PACED, REGULAR EMPLOYEES ARE KEPT SEPERATE FROM SUPER PERFORMERS
GREAT COMPANY
CHANNEL ENABLEMENT MANAGER - PARTNER CHANNEL (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 17, 2014
• Strategic Market Planning and Positioning • New Market Penetration and Development
• Project/Program Management • Quantitative Data Methods and Analysis
• Channel Enablement and Engagement
• Strategic Enablement of Micro/Macro Channels
• Integrated Marketing and Sales Campaigns
• Business in Emerging Markets. – less
Good company culture and care about how their business impact environment
Developer II/Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: company subsidize cafeteria, education assistance, lots of chances for advancement.
Cons: long work hours.
Canon is a good company to work for and they have good departmental structure. All departments work together to provide new ideas and develop systems to support new business needs. Great co-worker and everyone in the company is very helpful in supporting other department.
Great place to gain experience
Customer service / Dispatcher (Former Employee), montrealSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: christmas gifts and empolyees sale
I did learned how to work under pressure for example taking over 100 calls and order a day and making sure all orders and calls are been processed.
I loved working at canon it was a real fun environment very social we would have lunchs together.
experience qith dispatch and transportation
Coordonnatrice (Former Employee), MontrealAugust 26, 2014
Pros: independance at work
Cons: management
Love the sale team and the warehouse team,
Love the challenge of month end
Good people and Great Salary / Benefiits
Financial Credit Analyst (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 4, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: work hours not flexible. everyone has to work 9am to 5pm. no exceptions
My experience working at Canon Canada Inc were great. I had the support of my manager and Director who were both great people to work with.
Amazing co-workers...
Représentante de ventes interne de fourniture (Current Employee), Saint-Laurent, QCApril 30, 2014
The team spirit is so high in my department. The people I work with are simply amazing. We are not only co-workers but we hang together outside of work. We help each other, we support each other, we are here for each other!
Canon has a top product mix, however a sales background at executive level would help company be more competitive in Enterprise space
NATIONAL ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 28, 2014
Pros: re-numeration is higher than most competitors offer
Cons: leadership issues, unbalanced sales targets and territories
Canon Canada Inc's strengths are it's people, the everyday support group and front line sales force. A typical day would include working with representatives from several different lines of business. This collaborative approach, although not always supported by upper management, was the best way to ensure customer satisfaction.

The hardest part of – more... achieving success was dealing with several levels of red tape and an administrative group that was located out of province. These difficulties combined with Executive level deficiency's made it a challenge to grow customer base.

The most enjoyable part of the job was also the hardest, that was retaining business and growing customer relationships from a corporate aspect. The most enjoyable aspect was the ability to foster customer relationships both internal and external that still hold true post employment. – less
Fun team atmosphere
Account Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 9, 2014
Fun team atmosphere and great company overall. The opportunity was fairly junior.
Good place to work, if you enjoy being busy
Sales (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 1, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: long hours and quiet environment
Overall a good company
Always busy and few employees doing many tasks
No room to advance
Good environment if you make good friends
Very quiet and dull atmosphere
Coworkers are friendly
lack of teamwork
Company is trying to make many improvements
Poor people management
Analyst (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 5, 2013
Pros: no one really cares
Cons: no one really cares
Very poor people management, employees with potential and motivation will end up stay in the same position forever or quit. Minimum communication and not very efficient.
Too much traffic to get to the office - public transport not accessible to area
Adjointe administrative (coordonatrice) des ventes (Current Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 9, 2013
Good job, great salary and benefits but too much traffic to get to the office must use car everyday - public transport not accessible to area
Commerical Sales rep.
Sales Representative, Commercial Accounts (Former Employee), TorontoOctober 1, 2013
Sales Representative, Commercial Accounts

Covered the territory of Richmond hill, Thornhill, Markham, Vaughan
Sales and leasing of photocopiers/multi-function devices
Existing clients as base customers, Composition knock out leases
Created ROI and Total Cost Analysis in proposals

This role was B2B sales for the photocopiers and printable services – more... that Canon Canada offers – less
My overal review rating on a scale 1-10 is 9 with a balance life my salary was good benefits were great worked with a team that was multicultural.
Administration and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Markham, ONSeptember 4, 2013
My review for Canon is one that may take sometime to explain.My experience grew with the job as time went on. I had daily interact with customers and various clients that did much business with our company. My telephone experience of calling customers and billing them for service contracts for their Canon equipment built an awesome and rewarding communication – more... for the company. i also had a great and friendly team as we worked closely together getting the job done, which made month end closings quite rewarding.I may also say the management team was helpful and tried every effort to get each person to learn as much as possible while paying attention to details. I called and billed over 200 customers each day sending out invoices information while handling other tasks. This job had given me my first great experience in working in this environment for over twelve years....Not forgetting the hardest part of the job was to get a client to co-operate and communicate, once you have bonded in that way it makes the job easier. That also had become the most enjoyable part of the job and meet my month-end quota quite rewarding. – less
Professional sales evironment with great co-workers
Lead Generation & Business Development (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 3, 2013
Outbound cold calling to generate leads and develop new business
Good Company to work for if economy is good.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONApril 21, 2013
Pros: work m - f hours 8:30 am - 5 pm good benefits.
Cons: business can yo-yo
Keep track of Inventory, manage Territory.

Get to meet new people almost daily.

Not stuck in the same building all day.

Have to drive in the snow and carry tools and parts through snow.

Good Benefits. Pay is decent.
Get Out!
Coordinator (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 14, 2013
No work/ life balance
Poor Management
No room for advancement
No appreciation
No acknowledgment
Severely underpaid
Poor work life balance, and excessive reporting
Account Executive (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 30, 2012
Pros: decent pay
Cons: bad management
Worked as an account manager for about a year, the commission and pay structure is competitive but the work culture is bad, the industry is in trouble, with every sales rep trying to undercut each other.

About Canon Canada Inc

Headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario, the company employs 1,600 people at its offices nation-wide, servicing the Canadian market – Read more