Canon Canada Inc

Canon Canada Inc Employee Reviews

Great Company
Corporate Account Executive - Business Development (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2016
I really enjoyed the years I spent working at Canon.
It taught me a lot about persistence, hard work and never giving up.
Great Management and ability for upward movement.
Couldn't have asked for my from an employer.
Great
Team management coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 October 2016
Enjoyed my 2 years with Canon, great team and great management.
Ample opportunity internally to move up and advance. Great support from team members all around.
Good working environment with many opportunities
Associate Analyst/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 June 2016
I have been provided with many opportunities to grow over my three year employment with Canon Canada. The management values hard work.
Pros
They invest in your professonal development
Cons
Unflexible schedule
Good company
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 August 2016
Management could be better. Employee's are not treated to the best of their ability and skills. Easy to get stuck in the same position.
Has potential but slow moving in Innovative strategies
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 July 2016
Canon has lot's of potential to be great, but as many businesses face, they are at a crossroads to figure out how to capture new audiences and market to them.
Pros
subsidized meals
Cons
Close minded employees and managers who can't think outside of the box, traditional partners not willing to try new things
work well under pressure
Credit & Collections rep (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 August 2016
Learned listening to people, patience, helping with issues ,resolving best way possible, worked well with co-workers , always positive energy to my co-workers,
Pros
Bonus end of the year
Cons
No flex time
International Fortune 500 Company
Corporate Executive- Major Accounts (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2015
I was responsible for the day to day management of Key Accounts. Roughly 300 accounts. The corporate head office had a subsidized cafeteria which was fantastic. The culture of my colleagues was really great. Mentoring, sharing ideas. Management was not the greatest. Very negative from a sales motivational perspective.
Pros
Continuing Education, amazing colleagues
Cons
Very Long Hours
A Company that has lost touch with its employees
National Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC9 May 2016
This company micro manages you to a level that affects your ability to work. It had a very high turnover in the sales department.
Everything is pretty decent except the pay.
Commercial Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 November 2014
I enjoyed working with my managers and coworkers, however the base salary is not a liveable amount of money for Calgary and the inconsistency of sales from month to month can is tough. The best part of this job is that employers all acknowledge that this as a job the produces top notch sales professionals.
Pros
Managers and team
Cons
Base Salery
I Love My Canon Team
Account executive-Business Solutions division (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 January 2016
Great Place To Start In Sales

Lots of Product Knowledge To Learn

Self-Reliant on Income

Can be nerve-racking.

Overall a great company to work for with a huge opportunities throughout the world
Pros
Great Company Name, Beautiful Office, Great Culture
Cons
Hard To Make Sales, Lame Territories, Some managers can be micromanagers
Good Company to work for if economy is good.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON21 April 2013
Keep track of Inventory, manage Territory.

Get to meet new people almost daily.

Not stuck in the same building all day.

Have to drive in the snow and carry tools and parts through snow.

Good Benefits. Pay is decent.
Pros
work m - f hours 8:30 am - 5 pm good benefits.
Cons
business can yo-yo
Good people and Great Salary / Benefiits
Financial Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 May 2014
My experience working at Canon Canada Inc were great. I had the support of my manager and Director who were both great people to work with.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Work hours not flexible. Everyone has to work 9AM to 5PM. No exceptions
Too much traffic to get to the office - public transport not accessible to area
Adjointe administrative (coordonatrice) des ventes (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 October 2013
Good job, great salary and benefits but too much traffic to get to the office must use car everyday - public transport not accessible to area
Fulfilling interactions with clients and co-workers.
Credit Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 July 2015
In the Business Solutions Credit department, there being two out of six employees on sick leave and vacation. The department was swamped. Unfortunately that left very little time for training.

My different accesses to the programs needed to complete my tasks was not available until the 3rd week of my one month contract.

Canon was a team I enjoyed being part of. My co-workers were very helpful, courteous but again quite swamped.

What I learned is that I love this type of position because of the constant contact with the clients and the philosophy and energy that was communicated by the CEO of Canon Canada Inc.,was very refreshing , a zen approach with his employees, which made me feel comfortable.
Pros
It was interesting, fulfilling and very well remunerated .
Cons
The unfortunate lack of training.
I liked working there
Parts Clerk,van driver,warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Ville mt.Royal19 November 2015
It was a nice place to work for we had a good social structure there. The company paid well and if you were in the technical field you could advance.The department I worked in were very close and we sociallized outside of work hours.The company restructured and they closed our warehouse .they were very fair to the end of my employment there.
Pros
supper meetings christmas parties
Cons
restructuring
Horrible GM with absolutely no management skills.
Account Executive - New Business Development (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 November 2012
The Sales Manager that had hired me was laid-off/fired just before I started.
The GM and I did not get along, he is a power freak and wants to have FULL control of you. Plus, he has absolutely no management skills and thinks he is a GOD of the printing industry.
One of the biggest mistakes I have made in my life-time working under him.
The company culture is otherwise good and very young crowd of staff in the commercial sales. For most of them this was their first job.
Pros
none.
Cons
horrible gm.
Great place to work at, except for location.
Bilingual Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 December 2015
Great office environment, everyone really friendly and supportive, feels like a big family. Relaxed and laid back environment. Lots of staff events and activities to keep everyone engaged.
Pros
Gaming consoles
Cons
productive when needed and people were great
Warehouse Labourer, Shipper/Receiver, Parts Clerk (Former Employee) –  markham ontario29 January 2015
Had a time frame that you had to complete every day.Very quick pace.Work With others because more heads are better then one.Management stayed to them selfs,only spoke or seen when a certain job had to be done quickly or to give you verbal warning when you did something wrong.The hardest part of the job was the amount of work given in the shortest part of time.Most enjoyable part of the job was long lunches,good christmas partys,profit sharing and bonuses.
Pros
profit sharing and holiday time off
Cons
lack off communcation
Team work brings success
Audit Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 November 2015
Great place to work and learn from different people. Involves a lot of team work and support. Challenging to hit sales figures and keep a strong foot in the market.
Learnt alot
Sales Planning Analyst, Finance & Marketing (FP&A) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 November 2015
I was lucky enough to get my hands on many other aspects of the finance, marketing and strategy side of the business. I was lucky that I had a great manager that encouraged innovation and different ways of doing things.

2.9